Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Is that RDA pic from the Pettis fight?

Anthony wouldn't be caught dead with leg hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

round 3 was a very good round, and up until the fifth minute was a dc round, but it was competitive. definitely not the one-sided beating the gdt made out and the knee / punch combo knockdown absolutely sealed it for gus and this is not ambiguous.

It's very hard to win a round if you lost 4 minutes of it. In fact I would say the opponent would literally have to have been saved by the bell to pull it off. That wasn't the case here IIRC.

Edit: Gus will continue to keep losing close decisions like the Jones and DC fights if he keeps turning his back and running away multiple times in the fight, and I'm cool with that. Also Gus sat back and did nothing for the last 20 seconds of the fourth and fifth even though he was the guy who needed to put a stamp on the rounds. He practically threw it away.

tesilential fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 5, 2015

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

david carmichael posted:

also, weighing the last 20 seconds more heavily than the rest of the round is absolute trash garbage.

For sure. But in a close round if one guy stands there breathing heavily or even retreating, while the other guy is throwing punches (whether they connect or not) I'm going to lean towards the guy who looks like he wants it more. If either guy had landed a solid punch in the last twenty seconds of the fourth or fifth, the probably would have taken the round.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The cool thing is Bader has been a top 10 LHW since like the moment he won the ultimate fighter but he is still super unliked by hardcores and unknown by casuals.

tesilential fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 5, 2015

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Has Rashad apologized for his horrible performance?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

Theory - Faber and TJ are building towards a title fight with each other and are playing the game very well.

Yeah they'll be toasting drinks together next year, celebrating Fabers 8th title shot loss. I do hope he beats TJ tho.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm down for 2 tickets at sub $200 levels. Think my girl and I met up with some of you last time after the fights and did some drinking.

We had a great time in the 80 nose bleed seats, but we definitely saw the value of getting good seats.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Someone post those drug test results that Vitor doctored and then offered up as evidence he was clean. I laughed so hard that day.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

-Atom- posted:

Yeah but Dan Henderson was open about it so it makes it better because... reasons.

Dan was like I do TRT to keep up with the young guns, but not too much cause then I'm actually worse at fighting.

Vitor was like IT IS NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL ME TO PUT IN MY BODY WHICH IS ALLOWED WHICH MEANS NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO KNOW IF I AM EVEN TAKING THESE MEDICINES OR NOT BUT IF I WAS IT WOULD BE NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS AS ITS A PRIVATE MEDICAL MATTER AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PERFORMANCES

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Van Zant is going to walk right through Thug Rose.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Except for that whole Nick Diaz thing.

Diaz's lawyer embarrassing the NSAC is literally why they threw the book at him (and then some).

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

outy posted:

I'm so conflicted. Palhares should definitely be forever banned. But at the same time, watching him fight is a proper adrenaline rush. It's like watching those early Brazilian vale tudo fights they held in the hotel with the fancy silver ceiling. You're constantly on edge waiting for someone to get their eye poked clean out.

Yeah every time he does it I yell at my tv for them to ban him. Then again since dropping to WW he's been a beast who can only be stopped by a more muscular WW, so basically Lombard. Like this guy could realistically be the UFC champ but he's too stupid to play by the rules.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the ban they should just let him fight and take 100% of his purse when he holds a sub. That'll learn the dumb bastard.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Which will be promptly overturned because he had proper representation.

Yeah his lawyer got him a ridiculous penalty and now it will be reduced to a reasonable one, which he would have got in the first place had he showed up lawyer-less and timid.

Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome someone finally challenged the incompetent dimwits in the commission. These hearings are less professional than TV court and my stupid pointless meetings at work.

We try to find the humor in them but NSAC operates more like a college fraternity than a government agency and its despicable.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chad has a big power advantage over Frank and there ain't no featherweight that can lay on him, so I expect a good fight. Frankie has a big technical skill and cardio advantage, but Mendes is a freak athlete, I favor frank but would not be surprised if chad pulled it off.

It's crazy to think that Frankie tossed BJ loving Penn around like a ragdoll but will probably struggle with Chad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Work Friend Keven posted:

I wonder whats more pointless hunting someone who's been dead for 70 years or becoming the best fighter who weighs less than a full size dog.

The other short jokes were dumb but this one was really funny.

• Locked thread