Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
WOLF TICKETS

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153558601176276

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

I'm not saying Bader is a world-beater or the champion in waiting, but God drat people treat him like he's the worst or most boring LHW in the division, when he's obviously a top 10 talent. Do I think he's going to win a title? No, but most other fighters arent, either. Hell, I'm a huge Cowboy fan and I've ALWAYS been convinced he'll never win a title (I also don't view a title or the ability to win one as a condition of me being a fan).

I think Ryan Bader is the worst top 5 fighter in all men's divisions.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I wonder how he will balance being a petroleum engineering student at a top program with being a successful UFC fighter. That poo poo is not easy even for a 100% dedicated student.

Actually does Yuriy know Sage irl???

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

is Rumble scheduled to fight anyone?

Ryan Bader probably just sweated his way a ticket to Rumble Johnsonville.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I feel like DC was mostly using the same "just walk into his ranged strikes and bully him in the pocket" strategy he used against Jones, but Gus simply didn't punish DC as much as he could have for employing this type of strategy. Definitely not nearly as much as Jones did, since he beat up Cormier quite a bit before he was able to make it into the pocket and was able to exhaust him going into the later rounds. Gus landed a few clean lead straights to the head and body but didn't really use them a whole lot despite his success.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Oh yeah you're right, I forgot about that because DC popped back up even faster than he did after Gus knocked him down.

DC said he would have been way more hosed in the Rumble fight than in the Gus if the followup had connected. Also, how can you forget a man getting launched off his feet across the ring from a single punch? That was probably the most ridiculous punch I've ever seen landed in a fight. The visual impact was almost as impressive as Hendo/Bisping.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Clearly Rumble would have sent Jones to the next dimension.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Who knows if this source is reliable, but apparently TJ is leaving TAM to join a new MMA team in Colorado.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I kinda think Faber vs TJ will never materialize anyway because I think his time in the top of the division is going to be over very soon. He's already shown signs of slowing down in the Caceres and Rivera fights. Hopefully I'm wrong though, Faber in a final title fight vs the winner of Cruz/TJ will be great.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Holly Holm eventually got bullied and outstruck in a round by people as talented as Raquel Pennington and wasn't dangerous enough to threaten a finish in the UFC so far. She has a lot of boxing wins but I think she basically never left Albuquerque, the talent pool in women's boxing is probably even worse than in MMA, and she also relentlessly ducked Cecilia Braekhus. In conclusion, Ronda will probably maul her. I guess it's interesting in the sense that someone who can basically negate Ronda's offense by never engaging might be able to boringly outpoint her but Ronda is way better than Raquel Pennington and Marion Renau and will probably be able to force the engagement.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Memento posted:

Nobody wants to gently caress the Klitschkos.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Aurain posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman/v/19660213

He called Rashad live on the stream too, talks about the Bader fight and having some fun banter with him. Pretty good.

e: "My attorney old as gently caress. I look at him and I'm like "drat, you still remember the law?"

"I'm glad you say you don't like dragons 'cos I'm gonna be dragging deez nuts on yo face when we fight again"

This is basically all great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1djSJb9BM

This is incredible

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Their banana flavored protein powder tastes great though.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqpF76NCKWI

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Rampage didn't make it, it's from audio of him playing himself on the UFC game on stream https://streamable.com/n914

I bet Rampage would find that poo poo funny though, his stream is the best

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Video games are cool and fun and it is sometimes entertaining to watch people who are good or funny while playing them.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I don't usually watch the Let's Play type of streams but it is funny to watch these highlights of Rampage's stream and I can also see why people would watch them on a more regular basis. Usually I'll watch CS or fighting game tournaments because I find these games fun and I am interested in high level competition in those games in particular. In my mind this isn't any different than watching MMA because I enjoy practicing martial arts and have an interest in competitive martial arts at a high level.

Throwing money at streamers is a whole different story to me, but more power to people who decide they can afford it I guess. Joe Rogan had a guy from the top North American CSGO team on his podcast who completely blew Rogan's mind at how much money is in the streaming business.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Apparently the UFC is in the middle of cutting a shitload of fighters. Current victims include Marcus Brimage and Eddie Gordon.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Holy poo poo lmao

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Good lord, 0-5 in the UFC? Even Steve Cantwell had a win

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Duffy vs Poirier off due to injury

Smolka/Holohan is the new main event

:lol:

:rip:

quote:

Having learned that Duffy received a strike to the head during training earlier this week, UFC sent him for medical tests in Ireland for precautionary purposes. The results determined that Duffy suffered a mild concussion and due to the proximity of the fight this Saturday UFC will not permit him to compete. The health and safety of UFC athletes will continue to be the top priority for the organization. As such, UFC has respected standard athletic commission regulations, which recommend a medical suspension from competition as a result of the concussion.

Hope he didn't get TJ Granted too.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Tyree posted:

Yeah. Bader would be next in line, but right after his last fight he's been going after rumble. So its been a foregone conclusion on jones coming back.

Actually Rumble has been campaigning for a fight with Bader and Bader is trying super hard to duck him and get that title shot because he knows he'll never be in a position to get one again after Jones comes back.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

As mentioned earlier, Ryan Bader is in the interesting spot where he sits atop the garbage heap remainder of the division while simultaneously having absolutely zero chance of beating anyone above his position. It really pisses off the people who think the UFC runs like a legitimate sport that he's not getting a shot but it's so completely glaringly obvious why that I'm not sure how anyone can honestly be upset about it.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

But I think if his strategy is to wait out the winner of DC vs Jones II he's going to get skipped over real quickly.

If the UFC cared at all about Ryan Bader as a contender then they'd just let him press Shogun or something against the fence for 15 minutes and then maybe offer him up as easy pickings for one of the top 4's title defenses.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

That would involve Ryan Bader being able to get close to Rumble (he can't) and probably being durable enough to eat a few nuclear bombs (he's not).

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

1st AD posted:

It's funny thinking about how welterweight loser Josh Koscheck shot all these ridiculous doubles on Rumble Johnson and yet nobody except Cool Dad Daniel Cormier (CDDC) has been able to wrestle him at 205.

I mean let's not ignore the fact that Koscheck still had one of the cleanest, fastest doubles in MMA at the time. Also Rumble probably didn't have kidneys at the time either.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/SteveOGrossi/status/659532025406226432]

That.... doesn't seem like a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Rampage calls Chael on Twitch