Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tithin posted:

Tell that to your mother.

fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Blitzkrieg did nothing wrong :colbert:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Remember when terrorists were killing thousands and then even hundreds of people? I am glad they became significantly less competent.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
What does it mean if I yell allahu akbar when I hit the post button?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
please cory bernardi explain how austrac is designed to catch a bunch of kids with a handgun

you pathetically stupid pig fucker

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Quick and dirty off the top of my head: ATO wants to know about capital gains on Australian assets (the shares).
You shouldn't pay tax on the UK wages, as they are foreign sourced income and you were a non-resident.
However, it may be used for things like determining offset entitlements, tax free threshold on the CGT etc.

This is not real tax advice, I have done zero research, consulted zero sources and probably includes one or more huge errors but it's nearly midnight here and I'm sleepy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Beet give me 20% of your money and in return I'll provide

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Rougey posted:

A lovely little old Jewish Lady in St Ives called me an "Aryan fascist pig fucker" once.

To be fair, a work crew for a client of mine had wreaked her prized bonsai tree, but I was taken aback and was all :stare:

It's easily the greatest insult I've ever heard hurled, just rolls off the tongue.

Hi David Cameron :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The AEC released it's draft NSW federal gerrymandering redistribution proposal today.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tomkash posted:

What does everyone think of the proposed border changes in NSW? I see Grayndler lost newtown and picked up Drummoyne? Probably shores up Albo support vs greens :/

Grayndler also picked up the Balmain peninsula which looks like it has a weaker Greens base federally than the areas Grayndler lost.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pickled Tink posted:

You got a link for that? I've looked at their website but I have no idea if what I have found is current, 2009, or simply doesn't bother to show the changes.

http://www.aec.gov.au/media/media-releases/2015/10-16.htm

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ScreamingLlama posted:

Plibersek for PM.

I like Plibersek but she's no stranger to dirty deals herself.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Are Québécois considered international students?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hooman posted:

Cool way to make generalisations based on race.

Of my graduating university physics class approx 50% were overseas students. The top of our class was a Chinese dude and Russian dude.

You let the commies win. Traitor.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I had a group assignment where my group got to roleplay the World Bank in a MidEast politics simulation. It was three politics nerds flipping out for three weeks and was glorious. We managed to set up a Marshall Plan for Palestine.

There was supposed to be a fourth guy but he never showed up. We later learned that he dropped uni that semester to go on Big Brother and was first evicted or some poo poo.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
grubstruck?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

how do you know unless...

you're the dogfucker! :aaaaa:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
kill all humans

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Wayne Swan is a dope.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If you have your head in a freezer and your feet in an oven on balance you're a Negligent post

supply & demand

I'm the greatest economist.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

lies

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I want to be a helicopter shark spotter.

I feel that a helicopter shark would be highly conspicuous and anyone could take your job, consigning you back to the mass of leaners blighting the nation.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Negligent posted:

solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

don't sign your posts

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Jeez they still do the national anthem in assembly? I never sung along all year round.

And in any case no one could describe the national anthem as joyous, unless it's the Radiohead version.

Mate if you don't sing it in joyful strains you're a fucken liar

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think Albo would still win Grayndler in a canter.

The redistributed boundaries include 14,000 extras from the solidly Liberal parts of Drummoyne which might cause problems if they preference the Greens, but there doesn't seem to be a strong Green presence in the area.
Countervailing this is 27,000 voters from the Balmain peninsula which Grayndler is taking from Sydney. Those booths ran solidly for Plibersek last time, I don't see Albo having trouble there.

The reason Albo is considering jumping seats is because his office, residence and a chunk of his Marrickville base got put into another electorate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Albo would also be moving because spill soon and he would hate to become leader only to lose to a green. :shrug:

Huh? Redistribution is helping Albo against the Greens because it's taking away the strongest Green area in his electorate around Newtown and giving him the red booths of Balmain/Rozelle.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
yeh okay Anidav we'll go with your wild guessing over the observations of someone in the electorate backed up by the AEC results of the last two elections

:suicide:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Speaking of wildly inappropriate alcohol consumption, I'm running an Archer-based mafia game. I know some of you hang in this thread not the other one, so link is here if you're interested.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
why not have manned kiosks where you can hire bikes and also helmets?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mad Katter posted:

The model implemented in other cities relies on having self service docking stations all over the place.

Indeed. But if in Australia you had it geared for tourists where a network of tourist info stalls also doubled as bike/helmet hire facilities, it may be a start.

There was something similar in Valencia when I was there in 2011.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
mah booze! :qq:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
send all LNP voters to Syria the Sun IMO

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Plotterboy posted:

I apparently an established affulent because I went to the theatre once.

die bourgie scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
A crusade will fix their little red wagon.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mithranderp posted:

Hey Cartoon, you should watch Holy Motors by Leos Carax.

I'm currently doing an analysis of it for my French Cinema subject and it is loving with my brain.

hahaha

good luck!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SPOILER THAT poo poo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
clearly if you're rich enough to pay a people smuggler you're rich enough to be a warlord and not have to leave in the first place

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
go drunk Katter you're home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

HookShot posted:

I'll make next month's thread, claiming it.

edit: are there 31 days in October in Australia, or if it just a northern hemisphere thing?

No it's actually 10 Brumaire :eng101:

• Locked thread