Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon posted:

And had planned on doing this OP. Clearly there weren't enough pixels in his CPU or the AEC prevented him out of spite.

I was busy doing stuff and I forgot.

That doesn't mean you get to make a poo poo thread though. Shame on you all.

Should I make a proper one now or just wait for November?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wizard Master posted:

We have a word filter for certain gendered insults and occasionally words that are overused for trolling. We do this to encourage a safe space so some of us can shelter from the rape and domestic violence culture we are surrounded by. We do not apologize for this and will not change it, so don't bother complaining, try being an adult occasionally.

My only complaint is that Tolradi won't stop being a punani.

Or a minge.

Or a mut.

Or a vertical smile.

Or a bearded clam.

Or a tunnel of love.

is that enough gendered poo poo for you or do I have to pay sassy Masha to whisper it

Unimpressed posted:

Unfortunately, it's not only codeine addiction that leads to paracetamol overdose. People are fuckwits, and there are enough fuckwits so that every couple of days one or more of them end up in ED with an overdose. My head was really hurting so I took 6 and then it was hurting again two hours later so I took another 6 because it was really hurting, oh, and guess what I did two hours later when it was hurting again?

Codeine doesn't work on me. At all. No, really.

The only time I had to present to an ED for an overdose was when I was taking straight paracetamol for a wisdom tooth (didn't have anything else) and wasn't watching the dosage. I got charcoal for the overdose and oxycodone for the tooth (once I assured them I wasn't trying to harm myself).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Laserface posted:

Are you telling me I cant get panadeine because of those fuckhead footy players?

gently caress me.

Fuckhead footy players are responsible for ruining many things.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

Like ASMRs.

Insult fail.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

I don't know, someone responding just to make sure that I know that they're absolutely not offended no way no how seems like a win to me.

Not really, I always try to leave feedback where possible. You know, for quality control purposes.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

Hey, what's the deal with filming people without their knowledge? My local moron chapter went "undercover" at the local Islamic Centre and filmed something, then posted it on facebook.

Definitely not halal. The centre could sue them and claim ownership of the footage, like Today Tonight did with the Chaser crew.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 8, 2015

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

Can we beat up the Norwegians this time because I don't trust those shifty bastards by half.

I don't recommend that, they used to be Vikings after all.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ouch, guys.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Having one pet is not that bourgeois, even if it's a cat. Cats can hunt mice (viz. natural pet food), and there's clinical data to suggest purring cats work as a kind of sonic treatment for broken bones.

Of course, having a dog is easier to justify due to the wide range of tasks humans train them for, but having pets overall doesn't just make you feel good: there are proven mental health benefits.

This is what annoys me about intense environmentalism: there's so much guilt and you have to justify everything. It might be healthy for the environment, but it's not healthy for you. Saving the planet is one thing, doing it at the expense of everything that makes life worth living is quite another. There's no point living in a verdant paradise if you have to make yourself utterly miserable just to get there.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

Despite all the horrible poo poo highlighted, :wtc: does this even mean

Be more white, wealthy and Christian. Everyone knows WASPs are the REALLY persecuted ones because they're constantly surrounded by icky brown poors with strange foreign religions who keep popping out babies they can't afford. All this complaining about human rights is just emotional blackmail and the UN undermining our democracy, just like climate change.

(Note: The above is a satirical exposition of Liberal Party thought and does not reflect the views of the poster.)

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, personally my hope for a new ALP leader isn't a hope that the ALP will magically become Not poo poo (I won't vote for them either way), but that they would now have someone who can actually properly fight against the Liberals.

The worst part about the ALP right now is that they're spineless, both legislatively and publicly, and I think a lot of that has to do with Shorten himself. You might see sort of a knock-on effect if Labor were led by someone like Albanese, who would at least be willing to argue loudly. This would probably allow Labor to actually climb in the polls because they'd actually be an entity, and maybe this is wishful thinking, but because Labor would be speaking against a lot of unpopular policies, they might be inclined to take up some better ones. Even if that doesn't happen, we'd still do very well to have someone actually being opposition leader.

I think a huge part of the current bleakness of Australian politics is the fault of Bill Shorten's utter lack of personality or charisma. When Turnbull brings up the penalty rates issue, sure it's widely unpopular and will be shouted down. But it just doesn't feel like it is, because none of the people speaking against it have the public platform and audience available to the opposition leader, who is often unable to muster up a strong stance (other times he's straight-up unwilling). It feels like there's no opposition to these things, even when there is, because we practically don't have an opposition leader.

Plibersek for PM.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

I like Plibersek but she's no stranger to dirty deals herself.

At least she has a personality, and a nice one at that. Plus she's not a closet tory, which is a huge plus regardless.

edit: we could also benefit from having a second female PM to show Gillard how it's done

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I made a petition, please sign it.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

die in a fire

Tommofork posted:

As an aside, have you been referred to a jobseeker agency? I was referred to one that specializes in working with disabled people, and basically any time I said "i can't loving do this" at the meeting they were like "ok cool". This was after I put in a new med cert with centrelink that said I was incapacitated, and they said "no gently caress you according to our meeting 4 months ago you're fine".

They gave me a pass because I occasionally do volunteer work with the Salvation Army, but they did tell me to do more hours. I can't wait for the AAT hearing to sort these fuckers out.

GoldStandardConure posted:

I don't think it will achieve much but I signed your petition for you.

thx m8

Birb Katter posted:

This is why we should switch to a for profit model with universities. This way they'll not need to milk as much money as they do out of international students so they can get richer. :suicide:

oh sure, then people can get priced out of uni by $100k per annum

gently caress off

HookShot posted:

My university had an entire course called "Busines English", the only required English course for the business degree that was fully designed for international students.

Essentially the entire semester long course was going over things like your/your, they're/their/there, basic spelling rules and other things like that. I ended up using the class as an opportunity to catch up on my novel reading in the back of the class while collecting my attendance marks.

I have no problem with international students, I had plenty of friends who were international students, but quite frankly if they don't have basic English skills they shouldn't have been accepted into an English language program, and I certainly felt pretty loving ripped off for having to pay for a mandatory English course that taught me poo poo I learned in the first grade.

Well, to be fair, I know plenty of born and bred Aussies who can't use proper homophones to save their lives. They went through 13 years of public school and still can't grasp the rules of their native language. They're not learning impaired or anything, they just... well, suck.

freebooter posted:

Yes but unfortunately MPs have to renounce any extra nationalities before sitting in parliament, IIRC

Inquiring minds would like to know when Abbott's Form RN is going to turn up (or failing that, when is he going to face the music over illegally sitting in Parliament).

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

We do. Its called RSG.

RCG. Responsible Conduct of Gambling (though I did mine a few years ago now, it could have changed since then)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Negligent posted:

We are reconfiguring an existing profile of spend in a way we think engenders workforce participation.

What a fantastic turn of phrase to describe welfare cuts killing off with starvation people who can't hold down a job

Fixed that for you.

• Locked thread