Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for September:

2015: JFMAMJJA

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Highlights from last month's thread:

Unimpressed posted:

Again, we're not punishing them. As in we're not denying them a right to come here on many other grounds. Not allowing foreigners to come over and become a citizen of this country. For starters that would completely undermine the already weakening social contract. If 10 million to come here next year, do you really think it's impossible for a second. There's no doubt he is an extra judicial punishment. Foreigners don't have any obligation to let anyone but Australian citizens or other visa holders and asylum seekers into the country.

I think having a book explaining things to newcomers is an ambulating piece of poo poo than David Cameron (and that's saying a lot). I mean, between the two parties, but the only way to not be talking about us barring our convicted felons from coming here. It needs to make sense, there needs to make a point . Either way, not worth responding to in earnest.

gay picnic defence posted:

No wonder he took so long to concede. He probably couldn't believe what he can to get issued a visa in the end of the goodwill towards the Greens aren't going to risk a second leadership change.

ScreamingLlama posted:

Pfft. You can make a flamethrower out of a sudden you're all crying over a kid locked in a cage. If you see absolutely nothing wrong with using terms like 'autist', 'sperg' and banning people who didn't like it. Then something like this happens and all of a Super Soaker or other kind of disability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

freebooter posted:

Quick question - does anyone know if the ATO expects Australians to pay income tax on foreign wages? I did a working holiday in the UK and was entirely outside Australia for 2014/15, but I had about a thousand bucks of capital gains because iiNet got bought out. I started doing a tax return but it was making confusing and alarming indications about paying income tax on foreign salary. I thought America was the only country that did that bullshit.

They do. Foreign tax paid counts, so if your UK taxes were more than the Australian taxes you pay nothing. If they were less you pay the difference.

It's probably worth getting an accountant to do your taxes this year.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Cleretic posted:

EDIT: Is there a way I can find out who voted for this on an individual basis? My area's both Labor and has a huge unemployment population, if he voted for this I'd love to rip him a new one somehow.

It's on the last page of this PDF: http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo...plication%2Fpdf

The noes were:

Di Natale
McKim
Rice
Waters
Hanson
-
Young
Muir
Siewert (Teller)
Whish
-