Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Another Person posted:

Hey US,

Stop shooting people at school,

signed, UK.

Hey UK,

Our political system is such that if our president says in front of a camera that he likes puppies and grandmothers, 40% of the country would strangle their puppy and beat the nearest grandmother to death with the corpse.

signed, US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

A Terrible Person posted:

The simple fact that self-defense for an offensive group should over-ride international law is insane. Reminds me far too much of Israel's human shield justification for firing indiscriminately in Gaza.

Maternity ward? Ha! It was merely a gestation wing for larval terrorists! We HAD to blow it up, in self defense!

If you are being shot at, you are allowed to shoot back.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I know it's Salon, but apparently the Oregon shooter's family stockpiled guns for fear that the government would start confiscating guns.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FAUXTON posted:

This. Hillary's answers to presser questions are stuff that won't ever give the news anything to gawk at on the morning/sunday shows. They're tailored expertly to be as inoffensive and bland as possible while taking an actual position (e.g. not like Walker's "I'll punt on that one" poo poo) while the news channels need some kind of controversy or horse race to get eyeballs on commercials. There's no way they could ever squeeze viewer interest out of following Hillary but they know people will tune the gently caress in if they are told there might be an upset. Hence all of the stuff about Bernard and Biden and emails.

Can't blame Hillary for not wanting to be an exhibit in the dog and pony show yet, though. There's less than no points to be won this far out.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Something Else posted:

You don't think a dog diagnosed with PTSD would be scared off by a loud loving gunshot? At least long enough for the dude to ride off?

The dog was not diagnosed with PTSD. The dog's owner was, and the dog was a therapy animal.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RuanGacho posted:

So see you all in November then!

You're assuming the military would be on the Republicans' side. Except for the Air Force that seems unlikely.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fried Chicken posted:

Raul Labrador said that the HFC won't give up on the power to vacate the chair.

Also, guess who just claimed that the Holocaust was the fault of the Palestinians, that Hitler only wanted to expel Jews (to the middle east, making him pro zionist), but it was Jerusalem mufti who convinced him on final solution?

Go on, guess

GIven America's investment in the middle east, the peace process, and everything that has been happening with Israel lately, I'd say this is at least as relevant to American politics under foreign policy

I had the WoW subforum open in another tab so I first read this post as talking about Hellfire Citadel's involvement with US politics. To be honest, that would probably be an improvement over the current state of affairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

moller posted:

Yes, cyberpunk became reality. But only the bad parts of cyberpunk.

I'm a librarian, and in literary thinking today this is quite simply why cyberpunk as a science fiction genre has died out except for deliberately retro stuff: cyberpunk came true. Just about everything people associated with cyberpunk's vision of the future, people now associate with real life.

• Locked thread