Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34397272
well trump actualy went there. I am kinda not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

drat. my mental picture had him fatter and hairier.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So do we even know who the shooter is yet? is it the eggman looking dude? is it the neckbeard? is it some muslim guy like my one friend thinks it is?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so did he end up posting on r9k or was that just a coincidence?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/trump-middle-east-would-be-more-stable-hussein-gadhafi-n438156
hmm. what do you all think.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

speaking of overly confidant dumbshits.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/carson-doubles-down-his-imagined-heroism?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

whats webster's deal, other then i am assuming being a nutjob.

Edit: oh gently caress, he is a nutjob. like duggar style nutjob.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 7, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

The Washington Post did a short bio on Webster in January, when Jim Jordan and Gowdy tried to use him in their coup against Boehner. Webster has some conservative credentials, including close involvement with the Terri Schiavo case, but he is very much not not a Tea Party candidate. Webster is known for hosting bipartisan dinners and lamenting the polarization in Congress. Heritage gives him just a 77 on its conservative scorecard. His pitch for the position is to get Congress working together by reorganizing it on district lines rather than party lines. His pitch also involves decentralization, but he very much wants to resolve the ongoing deadlock.

The Freedom Caucus's endorsement is very much a parliamentary move aimed at humiliating the establishment as opposed to an ideological pick. Webster's run was almost certainly motivated by a desire to give McCarthy some token opposition and to avoid allegations that Boehner was strong-arming the House into an establishment pick. Until today, Webster had no support whatsoever and was expected to get single-digit support on the House floor. He's a rank-and-file Congressman with no real leadership aspirations.

It's telling that the Freedom Caucus didn't endorse Chaffetz, who is considerably more conservative and is running an actual campaign. While Chaffetz has a long-shot at the Speaker's podium, it's still a shot and the Freedom Caucus's endorsement could have theoretically snowballed into a full coup. By endorsing Webster, the Freedom Caucus ensures that no one will have enough votes in the Republican Party's secret ballot.

I should also mention that all three candidates for Speaker met with the Freedom Caucus privately yesterday to give their pitch. I would suspect that McCarthy failed to offer enough concessions and the Caucus are using Webster to force McCarthy back to the negotiation table. McCarthy can concede to Freedom Caucus commands or watch his career explode brilliantly in front of the entire country.

so basically it will now probably drag out for a stupid amount of time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It would be. Short term shutdowns have played very poorly for them, a long-term one would be crippling. Let alone default.

specifically since the shut down would start 2 weeks before Christmas, and knowing how awful the GOP is, go at least through Christmas.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ceiling fan posted:

It's definitely all over the news. But the last time I was sitting in a pharmacy and a woman told me how Dr. Carson saved her toddler, and what a nice man he is, I sure didn't feel like bringing up his batshit politics. And, yes, this has happened more than once.

I just think locally, there are enough personally grateful people to give him a significant advantage.

Basically he is a black huckabee who has a genuine Nonpolitical skill and is a better at hiding his religious bullshit. he also kinda comes off as someone who might be somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

joeburz posted:

this is almost as good as realizing that mccarthy is a blathering moron when it comes to speaking outloud

lol theyre hosed

seems like everything is falling apart for the GOP of late. Good

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mitt Romney posted:

Looks like Clinton's email "scandal" is going to reverse even more for the GOP:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bradley-podliska-benghazi-committee-allegations

to be fair. everyone on both sides already knew this, it was an open secret that no one could "confirm". now its done.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

:wtc:

Uh... Exorcism gone wrong?

something like that happened in Australia like 10 years ago. the lady was schizophrenic but her husband and some 20 year old "evengelical" and some friends. they basicaly punched her in the throat until she died.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/76-australian-exorcists-live-with-wil-anderson
a good podcast on the incident.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

what the gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

If Centrist Republicans join with Democrats to elect a coalition speaker, many of those Centrist Republicans, god bless them, would likely be voted out of office in the primary, which would greatly increase the chance for a Democrat to win that office.

in other words the chance that Democrats could win more seats would actually go up.

Still highly unlikely, but here's hoping.

it would be interesting to see. maybe the centrist republicans would start leaving the party if poo poo got bad enough.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Shutdown is Nov. 5th? Next Republican Debate is Oct. 28 then the following is Nov. 10th so that would be the one after the shutdown. That will be interesting to watch.

huh. i thought the next shutdown date was near christmas?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

what the hell is wrong with him, other then being a bigoted crazy rear end in a top hat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

The article continues that he had a BAC of .193.

that explains it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Captain America has been black for a while, but he has a new enemy. Fox and Friends.

jesus, they have become captain planet villains, or x-men villains. the fact they play serpent off as some good white american just trying make his little voice heard is funny.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 19, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nonsense posted:

No Captain America loving loves being on Dr. Pepper cans, and kids chocking on his parts.

I enjoyed his arguments with Iron Man who was a Reaganite, but the movies just made him go crazy or computer virus did it, versus him being legitimately authoritarian.

movies ironman always struck me more as a libertarian though one with a left bent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Also, he's black and a brain surgeon so "see we like smart black people, we're totally not racist!" is probably the id of the people that support him despite the fact that nearly everything that comes out of his mouth is lunacy.

pretty much. He has credential in a higly qualified field as a great brain surgeon (which makes him appear intelligent in all things to the base and gives his uncle tom phrases credence) and he says poo poo that huckleberry says but in a gentler way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

Reagan knew how to appeal to people outside his bubble. Carson only appeals to the wingnut crowd.

Reagan knew how to talk to people. Carson always comes off as some one on the autism spectrum and he is way to soft spoken.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sad thing is 1 or 2 of his old comics got a laugh out of me. this is just sad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

thats worrying considering the author is a straight up neo-nazi white nationalist

this was the only one i found kinda funny. the other one was one on wheadon i think. but Yeah, the guy is total wanker obviously.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Guys, Netanyahu told the World Zionist Congress that Haj Amin al-Husseini convinced Hitler to kill jews. He partially absolved Hitler who apparently really just wanted to expel them from Germany, you know, he just didn't want them around.

Netanyahu stood up for Hitler to make palestinians look bad. That's where we are right now.

so Bibi the rear end in a top hat is trying to horrificaly twist Functionalism holocaust theory so he can go ethic cleanse people. what an rear end in a top hat. su amin was a rear end in a top hat who kissed nazi rear end and hated the jews and tried to keep them from emigrating to palistine and probaly knew the holocaust was going on. But its bullshit that he in any way gave hitler or the nazis the idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functionalism_versus_intentionalism
heres what functionalism is. personally, i am in between. its basically an argument between holocaust historians on how much the holocaust was planned out and how it was originally started an when.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 21, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

Everyone has bibi pegged as an rear end in a top hat, but he's probably the last person I'd guess as being a functionalist.

me too, but then again he is using the millions of deaths as bloody shirt against people who had nothing to do with it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Talmonis posted:

I'm starting to think that his (and Israel in general's) constant use of the holocaust to bludgeon critics will lead to people not giving a gently caress about it anymore. Especially as more and more of that generation die off.

its already happening/nd.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so is paul "andrew" ryan going to be speaker or have the tea party hosed everything forever?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I don't think Jeb!'s heart is in it, guys.

From an appearance in SC today:

Hate to tell ya Jeb, but that's what being president is all about now. Maybe you should cut bait and do something cool then.

He knows he is screwed, he is trying to justify his eventual dropping out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I remember being a kid when all that was going on

Over half a million people in Louisiana voted for this man an actual Nazi Sympathize and Grand Wizard of the Klu Klux Klan
David Duke Republican 671,009 38.83%

So thats where mr. pink went.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

No he got arrested, crank up the volume at the end of the movie and you'll hear him surrendering to the cops.

true. but on duke, I remember listening to a podcast episode about hate groups and it talked about how he first started beleiving the bullshit and it was because of nudity in holocaust pictures. He had been doing some moralist rant in high school about dirty pictures and one of his friends pointed out that people saw them in holocaust lesson.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://prntly.com/blog/2015/10/25/developing-amidst-insults-to-gop-voters-jeb-to-drop-out-monday/

So apparently JEB! might drop out monday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ballz posted:

Still fairly relevant. I think Rubio's biggest weakness in the primaries will be the fact that on occasion, he's considered illegal immigrants to be human beings. When he starts nipping at Trump's heels, expect this to be the noose he'll hang on.

this. he has the problem that most of the GOP has. too conservative for much of the public, but not conservative enough for the nuts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hollismason posted:

This may shed some light on the issue. He's apparently not liked him for a long time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...574b_story.html

Looks like he got in bed with them or tried to they rejected him or something and he's pissed at them.

Thats my guess. Trump is an extremely petty self-centered guy and he probably takes any slight(real or imagined) from anyone personally. while I think carson/cruz/hukabee would be certainly worse policy wise. I think trump would be much worse because his personality. He has all of nixions faults magnified times a hundred plus he is rich as poo poo. I could see him loving over entire states/countries/deals because of slights and he would probaly be corrupt as gently caress. not to mention he would fill his cabinet with tea baggers and stooges.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

Can somebody explain what the gently caress Carson is babbling about?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/im-a-little-confused-chris-wallace-grills-carson-on-medicare-alternative/

He seems to be saying that he doesn't want to eliminate medicare, but wants to give people a "choice" to set up health savings accounts. How can you have both at the same time?

from my understanding. You basicaly get like 2000 in your bank account once a year instead of getting monthly medicare coverage.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

As i said. carson is just black, "smarter", quieter huckabee.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

holy gently caress, its going to really happen, the establishment gop must be pissing itself with rage right now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

holy poo poo. please let them do it. please god let them destroy each other.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

wow wtf. he isnt even coming for a bullshit free speech angle. he is just advocating censorship for stuff he doesnt like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

radical meme posted:

BLM is less organized and way less useful than OWS ever was. This is the worst idea ever and the only result that would come out of it is an endless loop of ads that would be run against Hillary in the general election.

If BLM wants to make a difference, then let them get involved in City, State and local elections and force these kind of debates at the local and state level where they could actually influence legislation that matters. They need to stay the gently caress out of Presidential politics. Forcing Bernie and Hillary to kowtow to an unorganized, rudderless group is bad optics.

the sad thing is, you are right.

• Locked thread