Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

More gubernatorial campaign info from the Herald Leader.

They did a regional breakdown of their most recent poll.

Bevin leading in rural parts of the state, including much of coal country. This suggests that Republican attempts to tie Conway to OBAMA'S WAR ON COAL may be succeeding with many voters, despite Conway's extremely cozy relationship with the coal industry.

But the biggest/most surprising takeaway is that Conway is leading in Northern Kentucky. The population in that region is largely comprised of relatively affluent suburbs and exurbs of Cincinnati. These folk are normally Republican voters, but of the socially-liberal, fiscally-gently caress-you variety common to well-off suburbanites. It appears many of them may be willing to flip or stay home, if the Republican candidate is an arch-conservative culture-warrior like Bevin.

Louisville and Lexington can't normally outvote the rest of the state by themselves, but the equation changes if counties like Boone, Kenton and Campbell are actually in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Fundraising disclosure day in the Commonwealth

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

note: the Republican Attorney Generals' Association has been spending heavily for Westerfield, so that race isn't as lopsided, money-wise, as it looks.

Normally they don't invest that heavily in campaigns. The Republicans must be anxious to prevent the rise of a Beshear dynasty.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't he the 3rd or 4th black token?

I know the Daily Show had a running joke of a muppet based on some guy called Steel;the first black leader of the RNC. The Pizza guy and some other guy?

there's always tim scott

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I interpreted that line mostly as a means of reiterating her support for the current administration, not an attempt to play the ~*~gender card~*~ or whatever we're on about here.

"How would your administration be different from Obama?"

By choosing that pithy reply rather than delving into any issues, she's saying that her policies would be mostly the same and that she thinks that's just fine.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

I also think that we should take social security away from the rich, in addition to their lives and their property.

Hildawg is Correct in that the rich should not be allowed to attend college (though not about the weird work-requirement thing).

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Republican Governors' Association has regrouped and is wading back into the KY gov race. Funneling $1.6 million into the commonwealth, which would give Bevin approximate money parity with Conway, at last count.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I swear to god Someone actually said " Well if you don't pay fire insurance or you are late and your house is on fire then they should just let it burn" " Well what if there are children inside?" " That's not the firefighters responsibility because the parents didn't pay for insurance"

look crassus was a good role-model alright

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I've said this before, but Matt Bevin has an angry face and I'm worried he will murder an intern.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I'll bet Jeb don't even know poo poo about football

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The GoP should have a debate hosted by Gamergate, or perhaps by the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers' Association

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

crazy cloud posted:

who is the man reading the huck book while sitting in front of a goon book on msnbc

e: wtf is a jeb lund

jeb lund had a good line where he noted that trey gowdy is what would happen if dewey crowe from Justified had eschewed blue-collar crime and instead become a failed mathlete

in that moment I realized jeb lund, while looking lame, is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Democrats Hilary needs to win lean blue states.

If Webb were to run as a 3rd party he wouldn't do it to win, he'd do it to spite-gently caress the Democrats like Trump would do if the GOP screws him over. There's no way Jim Webb is actually dumb enough to think he'd win as a 3rd party candidate.

Those voters already started voting Republican a while ago.

And the few remaining Dixiecrat holdovers would have already been attracted to Trump for the duration of this election cycle, rendering Webb's fiscally-populist/socially-conservative ideology redundant.

Unlike Trump, Webb lacks charisma, fame or money.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 31, 2015

• Locked thread