Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

RaySmuckles posted:

Debate and Discussion indeed, gentlemen.

Being really whiny and super defensive about your candidate doesn't do you, or Sanders, any favors. It just makes you annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

zoux posted:

BP has annual revenue approaching $200BN.

Going from Wikipedia it's actually 358 billion in revenue, but 4 billion in profit, so this is still 5 years worth of profits.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

zoux posted:

How much discretion does a multinational like BP have over their profit statement?

A lot. Depreciation of assets alone with a company this big can swing things considerably, and there are multiple ways one gets to calculate depreciation.

edit: Here is the BP annual report for 2014 if anyone really wants to delve into it.

http://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/pdf/investors/BP_Annual_Report_and_Form_20F_2014.pdf

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

CommanderApaul posted:

Not sure what it's actually possible to glean from that map, as it's an almost exact inverse of a county-level map of US Population density.

Except it's not, unless you think Iowa is full of booming metropolises, and no one lives in Tennessee.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

World Famous Whore posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. My state sucks (the blood out of the poor)

If they didn't have the threat of going to jail, I would probably consider this a good idea. Just something like, donate blood, get $100 off your fine. There is almost always a blood shortage, and it would still help people who had trouble paying fines. Throwing people in jail for failure to pay is the only real problem in my eyes. Donating blood is still voluntary.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Iowa Republicans are generally going to be more of the religious type, and that is probably the one part of the Republican Party that Trump can't play to.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

NC is vinegar based.

SC is mustard based.

False. Tomato based and Alabama's....mayonnaise based sauces are not ok.

I had Alabama bbq sauce for the first time about a month ago, and never again, so terrible. Alabama BBQ sauce, not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Mavric posted:

I'm trying to imagine honest blue collar plumbermens people debating what they heard at this debate tonight and my mind is exploding, please advise.

Depends on whether they're in a union or not.

• Locked thread