Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anybody play this? it's the new game from the Stanley parable guy. any funny-rear end steam reviews screenshots are welcome as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't even know this was a thing. Excited to see it

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

it looks cool

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i didnt know about this but now i do. i like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I didn't even know this was a thing. Excited to see it

it was announced on Monday and came out today, which is a nice way to release a game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

very honest summary "The Beginner's Guide is a narrative video game from Davey Wreden, the creator of The Stanley Parable. It lasts about an hour and a half and has no traditional mechanics, no goals or objectives." which I like. I'll probably play this this weekend.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never played The Stanley Parable but I have it on Steam. Should I play it?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

it was announced on Monday and came out today, which is a nice way to release a game.

haha.good poo poo.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I never played The Stanley Parable but I have it on Steam. Should I play it?

probably. its good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

very honest summary "The Beginner's Guide is a narrative video game from Davey Wreden, the creator of The Stanley Parable. It lasts about an hour and a half and has no traditional mechanics, no goals or objectives." which I like. I'll probably play this this weekend.

AIDS

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked Stanly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stanley Parable was neat.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It lasts about an hour and a half and has no traditional mechanics, no goals or objectives.

$14.99 please.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's 8 dollars, and at least they're up front about it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It is an honor and privilege to experience the every day depression of a YOSPOS computer programmer. 5/5. Game of the Year.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

In Training posted:

It's 8 dollars, and at least they're up front about it.

it will prob be free on a humble bundle next year though

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ill get this in a humble bundle 2 years from now and never download it, thanks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This looks gay as hell OP. I'm sorry.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'll get this when it's on sale later this year, or as a gift around the holidays, and probably prioritize it above all other games and play it right away because I can "finish" it in one sitting

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im installing it now. i'll let u know if its good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
There is a jump button.

Soral
May 30, 2009

rediscover posted:

There is a jump button.

do you jump when you press it

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Soral posted:

do you jump when you press it

yeah. the game is okay. unsurprisingly it is extremely up its own rear end

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

In Training posted:

:agreed:

The way I want Half Life 3 to be released is right at the end of its announcement at E3 or whatever. That generates way more hype than making teasers or whatever a year or two ahead of time imo.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it took me 92 minutes to complete. if u liked the stanley partable u'll like this one. not worth 8 dollars. bye

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I read about what the game actually was and I have no desire to play it now. Ah well, cest la vie

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
thanks for the heads up fellas

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
no guns? no shooting??

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

no guns? no shooting??

Actually, there is shooting, but only one gun.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

anybody play this? it's the new game from the Stanley parable guy. any funny-rear end steam reviews screenshots are welcome as well.

gently caress this poo poo! gently caress you!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
It didn't sound like a very funny game so I passed on it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Fredrik1 posted:

It didn't sound like a very funny game so I passed on it.

it takes itself extremely seriously and is about the sadbrains narrators depression and how he projects it onto his game making friend while crying and making GBS threads in his diaper

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
He should just stop being miserable and think about happy stuff

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

rediscover posted:

it takes itself extremely seriously and is about the sadbrains narrators depression and how he projects it onto his game making friend while crying and making GBS threads in his diaper

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

• Locked thread