Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know about anyone else here, but mostly due to a busy schedule and trouble finding people who play some of the games I'm interested in, I come up with a weird side hobby of just reading sourcebooks for fun. It also partially comes from a love of history books and a strong dislike of fluff novels due to caring more about the history and world building, and not character interaction.

It's pretty amazing that people can take a subject say like North America in the Shadowrun section and produce the Neo Anarchists Guide to North America which is nearly 150 pages of a fictional guidebook. The Twilight 2K series is also filled with a lot of great sourcebooks. Car Wars is another great one. For old ones a good thing is that some, though not all, can be found as digital files through services like Drivethroughrpg or just as used books on Amazon (although some titles are obscenely expensive

The purpose of this thread is for people to discuss their favorite Sourcebooks, ones that they feel do best at world building and also are just enjoyable to read and think others should give a read. Feel free to also mention gaming uses too. The standard :filez: rules apply of course.

I'm also horrible at OPs, so I'm sorry that this looks so bad and is kind of low content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread