Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think my scavenger activated 0/73 times. Is there any indication? Also jesus going to witch hunter's piddly weapons after spending so much on the dwarven one shot express is not great

You get a yellowish flash on your screen when it triggers I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

A Bug posted:

My name for the Stormfiend is Baby Bjorn because of the little packmaster grubbie on his back.

Everyone not calling it Master Blaster is wrong and I won't stand for it. :colbert:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, I regularly got 500-600 kills as Sienna on Veteran, I don't exactly think she's weak at the moment.

Pyromancer does seem a lot stronger than Battle Wizard though, and Unchained feels like it's in a really weird spot.

I was in one game with an Unchained and while the numbers weren't anything crazy watching it explode and wipe entire waves when things started to get even slightly sketchy was pretty awesome. I think it's worth having just for that. Sort of like how Shade doesn't really have the crazy abilities that WW does, but then you fight a monster and just chunk it's HP from behind or manage to break free of a horde to kill the rear end in a top hat sorceror/gunner/whatever no one could get to. Some classes just lay waste to rats, others are problem solvers.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Does the dwarf have a single melee weapon with light attacks that can hit more than like, 1-2 enemies? It's frustrating as gently caress trying to deal with a horde as him, mostly just sitting there blocking while other characters actually kill things. Trying to heavy attack just gets you poked. Meanwhile as the elf or holy poo poo man you can clear an entire horde in seconds by spamming light attacks while barely even needing to dodge or block. Or is this the realm of SLAYER MODE only for him?

In other news, I crafted a longbow on the elf that has a trait that gains 3 ammo on a crit, and now it has effectively infinite ammo against hordes. It's amazing.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Night10194 posted:

Testing it on the dummies, Kruber's bow pierces armor better than Elf's. Makes up for the lower accuracy.

I can't use the bow on him because of the lack of accuracy. Nothing like missing two headshots on a special at medium range thanks to RNG on the accuracy, or watching an arrow fly juuuuust over the heads of an entire horde for the same reason. He's good up close with it, but at that range I'd rather use the repeater instead and not have to worry about aiming as precisely.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Night10194 posted:

It's actually more accurate if you snap the shot right before he zooms in.

Yeah, but even so it's still very inaccurate even if you get it right before the zoom. It's super counterintuitive on top of being mediocre. All I ended up using it for was mass firing into crowds and closer special kills.

DeathSandwich posted:

1h Mace, pick both do this.
I still say the Warhammer (for both baradin and kruber) is the premier horde sweepers, but there's a cadence to using the charged attacks that you have to get use to. First thing to note is that you don't have to hold down the mouse for the full duration, there is no extra damage for charging longer, it's just there to help time your swing. Once you charge enough to cock the weapon back you're going to do a charged attack. Secondly, after you do your charged attack you need to immediately back or side dodge to escape whomever you didn't hit and to give you space to start cocking the next charged attack. Thirdly, while you can reliably stun pretty much everyone but chaos warriors and bosses, there will be times where you aren't going to have enough time to swing without getting hit, so use your blocks. You can block cancel even if you are still in a swing animation so if your timing is off you can de-commit by blocking. Bardain's greataxe behaves very similarly, it's killier on the charged attack but it won't hit as many things.

Good to know, I had the mace and shield and it felt really slow and didn't seem to hit enough. I played V1 a good bit (but not tons) so I mostly have the rhythm down. The warhammer for him just seems to swing for ages before it actually starts to hit, I canceled so many attacks on accident with the mace halfway across the screen and still not landing hits.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

JBP posted:

Kruber is really good. I reckon halberd koobs will be the large target killed du jour for me.

Halberd Kruber is a monster, true that. I'm loving Irondrake Bardin with the fire pistols and sword/axe combo as well. He's so loving tough with the trait that regens hp when you take a hit on his gromril buff. I'm really tempted to try and git gud with a gruderaker build on the Ranger though. What's everyone's preferred melee weapon with grudgranger Bardin?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I mean, I don't think having to fire more than 1 shot to kill specials is a bug or some terrible gameplay flaw. Like, poo poo, you actually have to put effort into killing specials right now, oh no the horror. I just shoot a few times no matter what, if I waste an arrow here and there it's not a huge deal, that poo poo happens anyway with the usual gangbang on specials as soon as they appear. If I happen to land a headshot instead of a bodyshot, then great, if not they usually stagger a little and don't shoot people which is vastly more important than killing in one hit imo. Handguns probably need a step up in power since they reload so slow, but everything else is fine. Plus we're not remotely at the point where everyone is getting maxed out gear. There is a ceiling on Hero Power, and that will be where weapon balance matters. Until then, just use the poo poo that works for you and isn't obviously terrible.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Fans posted:

Slayer can take two melee weapons, just take a sweeping weapon for dealing with hordes like either of the maces. One hand mace in particular cleans up hordes real nice.

How do you actually assign the second weapon, though? Mine will only let me pick the slot 1 weapon, slot 2 is permanently a power 5 two-handed hammer.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

comatose posted:

You just equip it the same way you equip any gear. If thats not working for you then it sounds like something got hosed up.

Apparently, as I only have 4 tabs for equipment, and the melee one will never change the 2H hammer to anything else.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Third World Reggin posted:

Slot one has an icon of a melee weapon
Slot two has an icon of a ranged weapon

click that ranged weapon tab and notice that there are only melee there and no range

That is because it is slot 2 and slayers can't use range

I'm saying I'm not able to change anything in that slot. I have twin axes and the power 5 hammer equipped by default, and I cannot change the hammer. Only the first slot weapon can be moved around. In a game I can even pull out the hammer and use it.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Gotta hit the head, which is admittedly difficult with Baldin.

No, the hammers and axes for the most part deal damage on light attacks to armor. If the red shield pops up, you did nothing. The clanking noise is just the impact sound of a weapon on chaos armor. poo poo's all metal yo.

Hammers don't do a lot, but you can spam out a lot of attacks.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Is it actually possible to dodge the leech witch's grabby magic, or are you just always going to lose half your health if they show up and grab you in the middle of a horde?

If you're not directly next to them, yes. Problem is they usually pop in behind you. But they do actually shoot out a projectile mist looking thing that can miss.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Hexenritter posted:

urgh, last match reminded me why I hate pubs. I haven't played Sienna for long and am still getting the feel for her, so rather than, y'know, offer suggestions or employ the strange and alien concept of teamwork, this dipshit just kept mewling insults at me over VOIP, mostly consisting of the word retard. My final words (after several extremely sweary ones) were a recommendation to expand his vocabulary because retard wasn't the only word out there, called him a millennial catamite, then dropped.

This loving skriking little bitch mentality really sets me off. I've always been helpful, when I can tell someone's new to a particular feature, character, map, whatever, I'll offer advice, show them stuff, etc.

Plus there are few things as grating as a nasal, entitled-rear end sounding East Coast voice that sounds like it belongs on lovely youtube videos of spoopy stories and weird facts.

:stare:

wow, I haven't got piqued by someone like this in as long as I can remember. Usually pubby bluster just makes me laugh directly at them to make them even madder. Maybe I'm cranky because I"m knackered.

Sorry for ranting.

edit: ^^^^ best potential response before the post I've seen in ages. haha

You know there's a mute button right? Like, it takes 3 seconds to just mute everyone and keep going. Also lol at using "east coast" and "millenial" as insults

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Orv posted:

Yeah that doesn't do anything. The balls don't actually leave the gun and in fact appear to shoot backwards into your character and subsequently nothingness. They're busted.

It staggers and does a little damage for me. Pretty weak though, and short range.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Cowcaster posted:

i also have a 0% success rate on jumping to the lamppost for the empire in flames grimoire, so.

For this one, the trick is that the box you're jumping from has a hitbox that's way larger than the model is. You can run forward a good foot or so past where you think the box should end before you jump. Makes it pretty easy.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Fat Samurai posted:

I wouldn’t mind the system if the books were out in the open, defended by some though guy. Hiding stuff is dumb in the youtube era and platforming is a bad idea.

The entire map is defended by thousands of rats how many more do you want?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Coolguye posted:

you still have a first grader's reading comprehension because the entire point here is i do not want to 'move the needle' on your opinions, i could not possibly care less what your opinions are.

this isn't an 'agree to disagree' cop-out, you're acting like a child and i'm asking you to knock it the gently caress off. if you can't, then just do everyone a favor and stay the hell out of the new thread.

As an impartial observer, you're acting like a child. Hope this clears things up for you, have a wonderful day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Unzip and Attack posted:

Hahahaha got seperated from my group by accidentally falling off a ledge and ran into a shield rat who was completely unkillable by Footman Kruber with a greatsword. As in, I couldn't damage him no matter what. I swung at him probably 30 times and never got past the shield. Tried a rifle blast at point blank- nope. Had to just let him kill me.

10/10 game

Power swing and sidestep, you'll kill him, I've done it on him before. You can get to their sides and get around the shield.

• Locked thread