Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
How's the performance/optimization? I have a lovely rig that can run most things at low levels. I had little problem running Shadow of Mordor. Not looking to run it at max or anything but just in general if it's well-optimized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
For some reason when I start a level everything is fine but after awhile while playing the level my performance gets worse and worse.

I even tried just standing in one place in a level and around 5-10 minutes later performance gets worse for seemingly no reason. Not a huge issue since it's beta but man, it's sad I can't enjoy it right now.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Sounds like a memory leak. How much RAM do you have?

Anyone tried running this on an i5 2500k (4 cores, 3.3 Ghz) and can report how well it performs?

6gb however it only seems to happen on the horn of magnus level. The other 2 levels are fine.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
The elf's floofy scarf or whatever confuses my simple brain and I keep thinking he's a rat. I'm not the only one because occasionally after a large battle I've seen my teammates take a swipe at them.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I want Aztec dinosaurs.

Also loving pubbies man. Yes, please rush into the giant cloud of poison to rez someone and then get incapped. And make extra sure to bitch at me in chat about not helping you. Also yes, pick up that grimoire while everyone is at near death, clutch move that is.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
So here's something odd. I fixed my framerate issues by capping my framerate at 60 and turning v-sync ON :psyduck: Someone on the steam threads posted about it and sure enough it worked wonders for me. Beta indeed! :v: Usually V-sync is a fps killer but this gave me a huge boost.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Pubbies in this game are a special breed of stupid and this is coming from someone who willingly plays with pubs in Payday 2. The A.I. wins simply on the fact that doing nothing is less of a run-ender than pubs doing ANYTHING.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

dogstile posted:

Someone help me out here.

I have an I5-3670k 3.4GHz
I have 16gb of ram
I have a Geforce GTX 660

This isn't amazing, I know, but their min spec is:

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9500 @ 2.83GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 /w 1GB VRAM

Why the gently caress can I not run this without it lagging like crazy on medium (i've not tried low yet)? I even turned down a bunch of the usual suspects when it comes to the settings. The optimisation seems really poor which is a shame, because I like this game a whole bunch and the games I did play with my friends despite the stuttering was fantastic.

Try turning vsync on and capping frames to 60. Yes turning vsync on to increase fps is rear end-backwards but that's beta for you. Games needs a round of optimization patches.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

dogstile posted:

This made it worse and better at the same time. As in its a bit smoother but when it stutters holy poo poo does it stutter, its a bit weird.

Yeah I have the same experience too. I leave it on because it's the only thing that stops stutters overall but when the poo poo hits the fan I get single digit fps. Apparently borderless fullscreen helps as well but I'm too lazy to change my desktop resolution to equal my game resolution every time I want to play. I just block in a corner when my fps drops and hope pubbie players can pick up the slack (they don't).

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Pubbies are awful at playing but so far have been surprisingly nice.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Easy fix would be to introduce full friendly fire but only between orc and dwarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Can trinkets that do the same thing stack? Trinkets like the hedgewizard for example.

• Locked thread