Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the speedrunning thing has been very noticeable with the last few times i played. i can be pokey, but dudes just zip past items in their quest to get smacked down by a stormvermin the quickest. then i get annoyed and tilt and die first because i'm trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

its not just for show, if you consider that if the game host leaves and you get auto-booted before you roll the dice, the game deprives you of the reward altogether

at least that's how it worked a few months back

it never did that.

i remember getting the "roll good" achievement when the mission i was on ended: it allocates that poo poo asap to prevent what you described.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you can actually get the weapon drops

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they added something else to do

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that's some power creep

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Is fatshark doing a Crimefest?!?

ratpocolypse in concordance with GW doing some skull based promotion

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
likely not happening. CA said so much on reddit.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
chaos are the big bad of warhammer and all but they are the lamest faction in the setting so im not that excited about seeing them

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i interpreted the kb procs via flailing on stormvermin armor as them just going "um, well, aughh yes im dead" and lying down until you go away

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the wiki is the product of people and is thus wrong and bad

str pot demonstrably makes you shoot bullets harder

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Another important factoid the wiki fails to mention is that it makes all your attacks ignore armor.
which can be somewhat useful.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Roger feels an awful lot easier to kill than a l4d tank, but it's been a long time since I played l4d.

L4D tank also would incap you in a single strike, could chuck rocks that'd also incap, sometime would punch a car at your entire team and wipe you all out, and despite being huge as gently caress didn't actually have any special rules about movement (I think the AI one could climb ledges or something and sometimes did little poses a human controlled wouldn't do) which meant he was fast as you and could turn on a dime. Roger spends more time yelling at you and telegraphing his attacks, locks onto singular targets at a time, and you have dedicated dodge/block buttons (and he's nice enough to smack you a fair distance away on a successful block).

On the flip side, L4D tank had to deal with meaner guns sometimes, and at one point the threat of angry survivors armed with baseball bats killing it in four swings (!!!), and could actually die about as fast as roger on a bad day if it appeared in a stupid position. It also lacked a leap so was exceptionally vulnerable if caught in open areas or corridors, and survivors could pretty much just backpedel or run circles around the poor fella. There were also moments where a survivor could channel the ghosts of every panicked cat that lived and do insane point blank dodges, jukes, and leaps, even against AI tanks.

On the whole, I actually think roger is a bigger threat generally, due to the horde, but also due to generally being more longer lasting outside of strength pot shenanigans or suddenly lethal bombs. L4D2 tanks were so anemic in actually killing things, custom maps would be content at throwing two at a time at you just to keep things hard enough on the highest difficulty. I think two rogers at a time would be pretty lethal on cata; only time you fight two at a time is on last stand mode.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
lot of blood, presumably

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
There's currently a beta with a non disclosure thing going on so info is sporadic, but so far impressions are very solid. It appears to be an improvement on the first game but I don't really have any more specifics aside from various previews elsewhere can tell you. The VT2 website is a decent thing to look at for information.

Mechanically, it looks fairly similar, tho what I've heard is that they've more or less refined what was already working. There's some new abilities that characters can use off cooldown, like shade kerillian being able to go invis and nocollide and walk behind rats and lop their heads off. I think they've also shifted traits off of weapons and into a character building sort of system. Didn't look that complex at a glance, but still looked interesting and hopefully will make things easier to get into since access to certain good perks is no longer dependent on the whim of the rng.

Aside from that, uh, there's more standard enemies, the most obvious being the Chaos nurgle boys but there's also new rats including the mythical rats with shields. More boss types foes other than the rat ogre. Promises of mod support, maybe a less hosed back end codewise but who knows. The biggest turnoff for most people afaik in VT1 was the loot system (either that it existed at all, or that it wasn't grindy enough ala payday 2) on but I haven't heard much of anything about how thats changed, other than assuming they revamped it since the devs felt it was a weakness of the first game.

They've said no PvP mode, though. Which is bad, but alas.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Fans posted:

Is there a reason they shout "These stairs go up!" every time they see some? That's how stairs work, we all get it.

sometimes they go down

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://clips.twitch.tv/KindPerfectPigeonBatChest

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the Prologue we probably see the four main bosses of the game as they are meeting with each other.

We have Grey Seer Rasknitt, A Skaven Warlord, Ribspreader the Chaos Champion, and a Chaos Sorcerer lord.

But yeah if you are interested in story stuff make sure to talk to Olyessa between missions.

I read someone claiming the Chaos Sorcerer is actually just the fat arse Baron dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Yeah, generally when someone has a fun story from total warhammer or some fun idea for story/character/concept in the setting, you get at least a few folk who run screaming into the streets about LORE VIOLATIONS

like yeah there's bad ideas that hurt the theming of the setting but people will go apocalypticly tedious about how EVERY foo WOULD NEVER EVER DO/LIKE/THINK bar HOW DARE YOU

• Locked thread