Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sometimes you can't carry hard enough. I have had multiple games where i've been the last one alive, perfectly parried gutterrunners and shot packmasters before they get to me, avoided a rat ogre, only for the pubstars to all run into a glob suicide charge as soon as I pick them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Night10194 posted:

It's kinda funny that the elf's bow is one of the worse ranged weapons in the game and she's much better played as a psychopathic blender.

Its good at what it does, dishing out headshots at a silly pace. My friend played the elf last night when we did a couple of normal missions and entire stormvermin patrols would be solo'd by him. It was crazy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lovely Senorita posted:

Still playing on Normal, I see two of my allies hoisted up by catching poles, oh no!

And then I was captured by the lone Packmaster, apparently the bastards carry more than one catching pole with them. :gonk:

They know they have lots of humans to capture in a city

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Calihan posted:

The problem there is the "some" part.

I run with a few other people and we have played about 90% of our games together and are pretty close to the same level yet the gear discrepancy is all over the drat place. We have one guy running around with multiple oranges and full trinkets, some of us with a few blues and a trinket if we are lucky while some are struggling to even have that.

It really makes running as a group hard when one guy wants to hit the harder modes because he made out like a frigging bandit on the random rolls while others are still poking around with white quality weapons on the classes they like.

Stop playing on normal and start playing on hard. You're pretty much guaranteed to get greens at the very least.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Buncha elves bitchin' in this thread.

Ulvirich posted:

Attempted a normal Wheat and Chaff with a all goon group that I'm used to grouping with.

One bag into the wagon and here comes a rat ogre and a clanrat swarm. Rogre tunnel visions the witch hunter full time and does not leave his side. By the time the rogre falls over, there are five stormvermin, a gattling rat, and a unending swarm of clanrats and slaverats gunning for my rear end because I'm the only one alive at that point. :rip:

Fair and balanced.

I main witchhunter and if a rat ogre tunnel visions me i've got a pretty good chance of not taking any damage through lots of dodge. The problem with W&C is that there is absolutely no cooldown period. It needs at least 10 seconds here and there to patch up, but you never get that. I expect the devs will tone it down. I still haven't failed that mission, but its by far the most stressful one.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

That Italian Guy posted:

All the current Vermintide Twitch streams with a double digits spectator count are about people running bullshit BP exploit runs :(

On mondays/tuesdays I stream whatever i'm playing through steam if you want to watch next week. Bit hard to interact but if you just wanna hang out and watch me shoot rats its there. Username is the same as this one. You might be subjected to a few "teaching my friends to survive on hard" smugglers runs though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

That Italian Guy posted:

Thats's cool! On what kind of timezone are you in?

GMT, usually on from 7:00 until I fancy switching something up or heading out to stretch my legs.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the grey seer shittalks you if you die

BRING ME HIS BEARD

I was really, really sad that there isn't actually a bossfight with him. I wanted to smash his face in with a hammer. Even if he was just a normal rat in a fight and it was just you smashing your way through a crowd of rats to get to him and then bonking him on the face (the energy shield he has means you can't shoot him) it'd be more satisfying than "hah, he falls and dies, you win"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I did that and got five brightwizards who just would not stop overheating.

Yes, we get it, fire, boom boom, gently caress you.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Log it with their support, they're pretty quick about getting back to you.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Loot grind = bad, less loot grind = good. i am really missing the lack of logic here. I think the loot system is unneeded and dumb, so getting to skip some of it sounds really appealing to me, since then i can go back to just playing the game to play the game and not chasing a weapon i want, or being annoying that only one character has a good set of weapons but my friend wants to play that one and im stuck with all whites again

But, earlier we've already established that you only need loot to play the hardest difficulty and the rest can be done if you're not retarded.

So you don't need the loot, its there for those who want it and those who don't can ignore it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The basic is actually really good because if you have a swarm of rats coming from a single direction you can just go full dragonball on it and most of it will be dead by the time it gets there.

Then again I've got a staff that splits into multiple projectiles with a fairly high chance to do so, so I may be biased!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Donnerberg posted:

I think it was entirely down to luck. Storm vermin came in safe numbers after a dozen tries. The Well map was the worst by far.

The well is surprisingly hard considering its literally "sit in one spot, mow down the skaven coming from 2 directions, tops". Its probably the lack of healing supplies.

You're gonna be pissed when W&C gets made easier after a couple more patches.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

redweird posted:

When you hit a rat in the face with a mace it looks like it really, really hurts

That's why i prefer the hammer weapons. They look so surprised!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

They were on half health and hadn't picked up a single grain bag, it definitely doesn't matter, they didn't win that one!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fishstick posted:

If I remember that game correctly (too much W&C last night), there's 2 grain sacks near the cart - just not in it, and we did actually win that one :v:.

Jesus christ really? I'm impressed, usually if a W&C goes that badly at the start half my drat group just gives up and starts making stupid mistakes :argh:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

But Not Tonight posted:

fake e: the trick is to shoot the stormvermin

Please tell pubbies this :negative:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

But Not Tonight posted:

why would you trust a pubbie to do a job so mission critical?

pubbies (if they are in the group) get relegated to sack running while the real people handle rat bashing

My handgun doesn't have the faster reload yet, that's why!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Its perfect really, its like that weird friend you bring along to meetups and you kind of have to babysit and make sure they don't make a tit of themselves then you let them because gently caress em its hilarious

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
We know who'd win. Most elf players don't realise they have melee weapons and can't aim for poo poo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just tried to play with pubbies as my friends have all decided to drop this at the same time.

Jesus christ, no. Its so much worse now all the powder run pubbies are in normal games.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Two of my friends and I were just playing on normal last night with a bot (2 of us were new and probably pretty bad) and we failed Horn 3 times in a row. I know my one friend was having some connection issues, but that's still seems pretty bad.

I will say though that I've had several runs that were pretty much doomed to failure seemingly by RNG. Twice now (on normal) I've been in situations where 4-5 specials including a rat ogre spawn at around the same time and make short work of us. It's like everything is ok and proceeding as normal, and suddenly a rat ogre jumps out, one person is attacked by a gunner, one person is being dragged away by a packmaster, a poison guy is throwing poison bombs, and a horde of clan rats + commander are swarming over us. I think one of my least favorite combos happened last night when a packmaster dragged me around a corner (not very far, but out of the LOS of the team) while a swarm + rat ogre and commander charged the others. The packmaster stopped and strung me up right in front of a gunner who shredded me to nothing in seconds. My team never really even had a chance to rescue me. I know we're probably quite bad, but I'm not really sure what we could have done right then besides die or maybe start randomly throwing bombs around hoping for the best.

Honestly, it seems like you'll need a couple of white handguns at the very least. That'll take out those specials in an instant, which makes them a non issue (my group would have one person on the ogre tanking and everyone else would clear the area before helping).

Aside from that, you probably need to be ready to let loose with a bomb if it goes wrong. Getting surprised packmastered happens and lobbing a nade at the packmaster will give you breathing room.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Basically, if the elf gets packmaster'd, throw the bombs.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Well, I was the soldier for most of the night and I still have the crappy starting equipment with the blunderbuss so that didn't really help. We probably just have to work on being a little more coordinated and focusing down the specials when they appear (and when it's possible to do so).

Yeah, early on its a bit rough, i'd say the handgun is probably the most useful item in the game. The dwarf has his crossbow though, so he should be able to take out specials if you tank the r'orge

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mordja posted:

Why will nobody think of the poor pubbie? :cry:

My group had a pubbie that used all the healing items, still went down all the time and pulled a stormvermin patrol in the middle of combat by running off alone.

You can bet we kicked that tosser right before the end. gently caress that guy, the run was 300% harder because he was around.

Also a good reason for my friends to go up to hard, because they still want to play normal all the time despite having good gear now, which they assumed they'd need

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mirarant posted:

My first 7 on the dice and I get my first orange.. which is a trinket that shares my health with anyone else wearing the same thing :negative:

I want to see a team of people wear that just to see how it fucks people up. What if someone gets thrown into the water, etc.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

xthetenth posted:

I honestly don't understand repeated failures of basic mechanics comprehension after I assume they got explained to them more than once. Stay with the group, tell people if you're going to go somewhere they aren't, and for the love of god everyone over the one way barrier at once. That's about as simple as try to make sure you open the door before trying to walk through it.

I really wish they'd stop spawning packmasters right as you get to that loving barrier. I've lost count of the amount of times we've gone "its clear right? Clear? Clear, jump" only for me to be caught mid loving leap.

no this does not happen to me often, why do you ask

I should probably also turn my sound up

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I didn't play on the super hardest difficulty (my friends got bored) but i remember vermintide 1 giving me plenty of pistol's for saltz

I loved having 20 of those things to just throw away as i fired into a horde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mendrian posted:

I like that the elf no longer looks like a rat.

hosed up if true. Now i have less of an excuse to "accidentally" shoot her

• Locked thread