Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Do the Collector's Edition hats do anything or are they just cosmetic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin posted:

Do the Collector's Edition hats do anything or are they just cosmetic?

I answered my own question. All items in the CE are purely cosmetic.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I bombed an entire troop of stormvermin and the elf told me that I had "Proven my worth today". :3:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Basically you have "real health" normally til you get knocked down. Someone picks you up and you get grey heath that slowly bleeds out until you are healed, at which point it turns to real heath.

So the best is to wait til you drop then immediately heal so that you get the bonus grey health on top of the regular healing

This requires someone to actually pick you up, which isn't always a given when you're playing with pubs.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I really want some kind of IG focused game, just regular troops squaring off against insane cosmic horrors.

I want a GorkaMorka game, just orks racing buggies in the desert so they can bash each other over scrap, so basically a greener version of Mad Max.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Unshaved Moose posted:

So how is is the solo experience in this game?

I remember the solo experience was somewhat terrible in L4D so I fell of it once my friends stopped playing and never returned.

Anyone been playing with randoms and found it tolerable enough? It's the only thing keeping me from not buying it and if it's alright I think I will bite!

Playing with randoms is okay when you consider that the AI director is heartless and will gently caress you over so bad sometimes that even a good group is powerless to stop it, but it would be better if you still got crap tier loot from a wipe.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Badly Jester posted:

Well, I would've thought they'd want to create different armies to sell more models, but I guess not.

This way they only have to make one set of models and can still sell all of their paints and stuff. Now they can spend all of their time rolling around in piles of money instead of wasting it making unique models.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Gimnbo posted:

When this game drops like 4 Stormvermin, a Globadier, and a Rat-ogre at the same time on you while you're on a tiny staircase you can't even complain about the pubbies for your death. This was on normal.

Even 1 packmaster and 2 gutter runners at once is enough to make you wipe.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Gimnbo posted:

If the missions weren't at least a half hour investment I'd be more okay with random acts of fuckery. As it is, having 20 minutes of progress go to waste because you rolled a 1 on the bullshit die is incredibly frustrating to me.

Even winning missions can be a waste if you literally roll a 1 on the bullshit loot dice at the end.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

They should add an End Times difficulty where this happens.

The elf would be dead roughly a minute after the map loads.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

Curse pubbies. Stealing medicine and ammo when they are almost full, or running off alone and then needing to be rescued.

I keep trying to heal my teammates, but healing myself accidentally. :downs:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Problem is I didn't realize what a fuckpain it'd be to get even whites of different sorts so forex now I'm stuck with a green hagbane shortbow on elf because I melted all my starter whites the moment I got other stuff.

Like, poo poo, I just wanna try some drakefires on the dorf, or the shield and mace on soldier. gently caress.

I accidentally melted my Witch Hunter's crossbow and still haven't found another. Also the only character I have even one blue item for is the Bright Wizard. :suicide:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The best part about this game is playing with pubs on normal and wiping to a single packmaster. :suicide:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I got a trinket after my first game and one after I hit level 15 and my second trinket slot unlocked. :smugdog:

Unfortunately they are for 20% less damage from ratling gunners and 40% larger bomb explosions. :suicide:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Last night I was playing the map where you have to bomb the doom wheels with pubs and I got killed by a rat ogre that spawned at the bottom of the hill just before the last tome at the end. I switched to spectating the dwarf just in time to see the ogre slam him into the hill at just the right angle to make him fly backwards up the entire hill at slightly faster than walking pace. It was about ten seconds of him doing the goofy falling animation as he slowly floated up the hill before landing in a tree at the top. I didn't realize that dwarves could fly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ChaosDragon posted:

So to take out orgres range then close in? I getting my rear end kicked doing the Black Powder misison.

Any mission where a Rat Ogre can knock you off a cliff or into water is automatically horseshit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

xthetenth posted:

On the other hand ha ha gently caress you I'm going to grab you from ten feet away two floors above, through a wall with a six foot pole is a bit messed up.

FTFY

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You smack a rat with a giant hammer and its skull detonates and your brain starts flooding with dopamine and then you think, WOAH

I don't know... It's like whole generations of those things have died at my hands. Mothers, fathers, grandfathers, little baby rats. Sometimes I wonder if our lives are really more valuable than theirs. You know what I mean?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Night10194 posted:

The rats themselves are very happy to murder their own and also generally launch these huge invasions because there are too many rats and they intend to pare down the population through getting a bunch of their own shanked so they don't all resort to cannibalism. More than they usually do.

Oh, Skaven.

I’ve seen it once before in a rat. And I see it now in men. Once one gets a taste for its own kind it can spread through the pack like a wildfire. Mindlessly chomping and biting at their own kind. Nothing but the taste of flesh on their minds. You know the thing about a rat? It’s got no life in its eyes. Black eyes like a doll’s eyes. Don’t seem to be living at all when it comes at you. Until it bites you. And then the eyes roll over white. You don’t hear nothing but the screaming and the hollering…

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 23, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Trudis posted:

And what does pooping, or not pooping, have to do with gunpowder?

:science: It's not poop that's important, it's piss. The nitrogen in urine can be used to create potassium nitrate, which is the major component of gunpowder.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Lemming posted:

I forgot to mention that you gotta lick it to make sure it's done right

:lol: if you aren't tasting your piss by default already. You've been here since 2008 and you don't know this by now? :drat:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There's one of his insults in the loading screens of Total War: Warhammer and it's pretty good.

Edit: Found it.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bogart posted:

It's always seemed that the nonMurder Chaos Princes had a good time of it. Join Slaanes, become a weird crab hedonist!

Slaanesh: because the sexiest animal is the crab.

• Locked thread