Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They should give the Dorf a Trollhammer torpedo. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
On the off-chance that the DLC adds one ranged weapon and one melee weapon for each character, what would Bardin get for the former? When I think Dorfs I pretty much just think axes and hammers in different configurations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lunethex posted:

Kruber has a 1h mace, Blunderbuss, and a sweet bonnet..
Kruber needs a bigger feather in his cap. Are Rocs a thing in Warhammer?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guessing only one person needs to own the maps again? If so that's a pretty good deal, assuming the new levels are as long and tough(er) than the base game's. Are the new weapons supposed to be folded into this DLC or are they coming later/separately?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What's the reach on it like? Any thrusting attacks? God, I want a halberd for Kruber.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

TheTatteredKing posted:

My regrowth trait says 10% but it's not even triggering on 10% of my kills, and I need two hits per rat. I know it only counts once per swing but the math is still looking dodgy knowing that.

Just making sure, you did actually unlock the trait, right?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Psion posted:

e: making Saltzpyre literally 10x as powerful as any other character is a change I'd also accept because he's the best

I guess that's one way to get him closer to Kruber levels of awesome.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nanomashoes posted:

A vampire poorly pretending to be a human, though...

"How do you do, fellow mortals?"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hell, might as well repost it here then.

Mordja posted:

Mordja here with your weekly Space Hulk update.
https://twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/781887622251679745

And speaking of shotguns, that spread-shot Storm Bolter is just the flak cannon from UT. :fap:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
AMA going on right now, one choice quote:

quote:

Hi, we have released a number of patches as well as a couple of DLCs. Some free and 2 paid. All of this is included in the console version now. The paid DLCs release was the Last stand levels and the Drachenfels dungeons. The free ones includes the shrine, new weapons and one last stand level. We are releasing a free DLC i October on PC that will come to consoles later this year. We also have another larger DLC in production that we can release later this year. The basic game had 13 levels. The console game that include DLC levels up until now has 18 levels. Then of course some DLCs has taken much longer to finalize. As an independent developer we underestimated the testing needed to update a game with so many players as Vermintide.

Of course I'll believe it when I see it but I am desperate for more content.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Verisimilidude posted:

Trying to play on PS4 is a disaster. I rarely find matches, and there doesn't seem to be a single player option like L4D had.

If it's at all like PC, starting a multiplayer game without anyone should fill the missing slots with bots and, if the game's open, other players can join midmatch.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I guess I'm lucky because Vermintide always seemed pretty stable to me. Disconnects were a problem early on but I think I've only crashed 3 or 4 times.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Plus the Drachenfels levels are all really cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Night10194 posted:

My greatest hope is Halberd for Kruber.

And also a grenade launcher.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eh I enjoy it because she's designed to be annoying and awful and the writing revels in how much of an arrogent elf poo poo she is. It's not like we're supposed to think Kerrilian is cool like new Dante or something.
Yeah, it's not like the rest of the party takes it lying down either. They constantly poo poo on her for her bad attitude.

It's been said before, but Fat Shark really needs to add a high-elf character who just thinks of Kerillian as a provincial yokel.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Avenging Dentist posted:

Well, they live in Canada, but I'm not sure they're supposed to be actual Canadians.
Masochistic pirates? Sounds Canadian to me!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Digirat posted:

My expectation for the shield rat is that every one of those things will be true, they will be the source of four new crashes, and they will somehow teleport rats and players around unpredictably.

I can't wait.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

moush posted:

This game isn't dead yet? That's good, it's cool. Is there any reason to convince my friends to play this again?

Depending on when you stopped, they've pretty much fixed the loot system and there's rumors that the mythological dorf DLC is coming out soon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nevvy Z posted:

I haven't played in a while and only really ever did the first 3 missions. I might jump back in and try and group with the new people jumping in from the bundle.

The OP doesn't mention DLC. What DLC /free patch changes have their been?

The loot system has been expanded so that there's more ways to actually get things now, three new missions with another three coming in two weeks, some new weapons, and a wave-based survival mode with one free map and one paid.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Willie Tomg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-TJsyxtr8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=966pJfk2JzI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3wDp6V0cog

As a new player, I'd say a solid 2/3rds of these had me slapping my forehead in amazement that more of these weren't billboarded somewhere very prominent ingame.

That FOV's giving me a headache.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Rats! Grimcreaped again!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Vermintide: Roger & Me

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think I know just what that "shadowy transaction" was.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Also the Tomb Kings got completely Squated so gently caress THAT.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Vermintide's melee combat is amazing for killing hordes of enemies but I don't think it would work very well for PVP in the first place.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

duckfarts posted:

P sure it will be
VERMINTIDE 2
- 6 maps, BUY SEASON PASS NOW FOR 2 MORE EVENTUALLY

i hope it hass lootboxes :unsmigghh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ChickenHeart posted:

I'm stuck trying to figure out the worst possible characters for a Vermintide sequel:

-Gnoblar

-A High Elf, but none of the cool ones, just the guy they get to pilot the bird-chariot

-Destitute Brettonnian peasant

-A Sigmarine

-The dead guy stuck in a Black Coach

-Disgruntled Halfling Wife with a rolling pin

-Two Scrunts in a coat

Mannfred von Carstein.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Kerillian's got a DElf repeater crossbow so looks like they're getting liberal with racial weapons.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Can't wait for the loot box announcement

There's already one in the first Vermintide, it's called the stash.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Chaos are big and imposing and make for good minibosses, but yeah, if you end up fighting more marauders than clanrats, then you have a problem.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeathSandwich posted:

The spear seemed fine, moveset seemed kind of similar to a slightly slower WH Rapier and I'll bet it probably gets used in a similar fashion. Repeater crossbow is kind of a headscratcher from a lore perspective, but it would be kind of funny if the big character reveal for this game was that Kerellian was actually a dark elf in disguise (they do that kind of on the regular in lore IIRC, though mostly just dressing up as High Elves rather than Wood Elves) that happened to be in and around Athel Loren for whatever reason when she got whatever that curse that she is alluded to having in the first game.
:lol: I'd love it if Kerillian turned out to be a Naggarondite with a lovely dye job.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Night10194 posted:

That happens like all the time.

That's how they started the dwarf war.

To be fair to the torture and murder happy Canadians, High Elf smuggitude started the dwarf war.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope that one of Kruber's subclasses uses Lizardmen weapons because I want Lizardmen weapons ingame.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
To be completely honest, IDGAF about the peripherals so long as the rat (and now viking) bashing is still fun.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Playing as a Slayer sounds kind of boring because as far as I know, your only weapons are dual axes and maybe a great axe.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh, I didn't know there was more gameplay outside of the steam trailer. I should give that Q&A a look...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I just remembered about that group of Slayer pirates who use flintlocks and such and now I feel dumb.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I dont know posted:

Also worth noting in the stream someone asked if weapons were sharable between the careers for a given character. The response was generally yes, but not every career uses every weapons. Example given, a shield is not something a slayer would ever use. The implied corollary being that ranger and iron breaker Bardin could both be able to share the same shield/one hander combo.

It occurred to me part of the reason they went the career route for existing characters rather than just adding new characters is the nightmare of writing and recording dialog for 15 people in different permutations of 4 as compared to 5.

Ah, OK, that's a good compromise. I hope Ironbreaker Bardin can throw blasting charges...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Digirat posted:

show me the sgt careers already

Foot Knight, State Trooper, and Outrider.

That's right, Kruber gets a horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Black Guards are a Dark Elf thing. Are you accusing Kruber of being an Elf?!

• Locked thread