Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Turbl posted:

Does anyone want a Vermintide 2 beta key? I got one in a humble bundle and I don't play this game. Note that it's just for the beta and doesn't give you the game.

I don't have PMs so whoever posts an e-mail or reddit name or some other way of sending it gets it.

I'll take it, if you can send it to me through steam: steamcommunity.com/id/Lord_Mordja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Article up on PCGamer, most notable piece of new information beinh

quote:

Vermintide II will feature 13 missions divided into mini-arcs that culminate in a battle with a ‘Lord’. These massive bastards will battle you in bespoke arenas and they’re even more powerful than the Chaos Spawn and Rat Ogres, who can invade your game at the AI director’s discretion. Lords include a Chaos sorcerer called Halescourge, a Skaven Chieftain called Skarrik Spinemanglr, and a Chaos champion called Bödvarr Ribspreader. In each arc you follow a Lord’s trail of destruction on the path to a final showdown.
http://www.pcgamer.com/with-new-enemies-new-loot-and-mod-support-warhammer-vermintide-2-is-your-next-big-co-op-game/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bogart posted:

Please put your shirt back on Bardin
This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bogart posted:

I still don't get the difference between Age of Sigmar and WH30k. Do they mix? Or is the End Times supposed to just be the end of FantasyHammer?

No relation. Age of Sigmar is what came after the End Times blew up the world and is too disconnected and inhumane to be interesting, 30K is all about the Horus Heresy and the creation of Chaos Marines. I think it's all Forgeworld though, not Games Workshop. "Sigmarines" are just what people disparagingly call AoS's new goodguy faction because they're a transparent attempt to replicate Space Marine's popularity in a fantasy universe.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Night10194 posted:

It worked, by all accounts. 40k players seem to love the Age of Pauldrons, wherever it manifests.
I mean, from what I remember hearing, it very much didn't work at first, and AOS wasn't selling until the top brass was beheaded and replaced and the game got a very popular new ruleset.

E: Similar thing happened with 40K; the new edition came out and overhauled everything, making the game actually fun to play, and now GW's rolling in profits.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 1, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
ill say this much, Sloppity Bilepiper owns, unironically

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bogart posted:

But, like, it's the same Sigmar that Victor's so into that makes giant golden robots in the future? :negative: hhhhholy sigmar bless this ravaged timeline
That's another dumb thing about AOS. Sigmar is a human ascended to godhood, but in Fantasy there are a bunch of different gods so he's not that special. In fact, the Empire as a whole is actually polytheistic, which I think sets it apart nicely from 40k's whole GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND shtick.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Kerillian: Waystalker, Shade, Handmaiden

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Nope, but wasn't the closed beta supposed to start in January because if so we're already off track. :v:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I could have sworn that I'd gotten a VT2 key from some goon a few months back, but nothing in my mail or my Steam account. :saddowns:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zephro posted:

The sad thing is 40k used to have this too before it went maximum grimdark all the time.
There's a little bit of it coming back, I think. The Regimental Standard is a legitimately funny propaganda outlet, the Genestealer Cults are :krad: in a way that harkens back to the old days, and the new Nurgle line really emphasizes his jolly contamination.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arcsquad12 posted:

Crabs and mollusks and stuff are more of a tzeentch thing. Slaanesh just has the octopuses patented and the nipple kazoo anteater heads.

No, Tzeentch is for the birds!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, that's sooner than I expected.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Statutory Ape posted:

Are there gonna be any more varied mob types to fight in the sequel? Thats one gripe i have from the original is the lack of variation there

There's something like double the enemy types and what sounds like actual bosses this time around, so yeah.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yay it appears I just got invited into the closed test.

Edit actually it appears anyone that pre ordered can play the closed test.

I got an email saying there will be two betas; a closed one starting on the 22nd that they'll send keys out for, and the pre-order beta on the 28th. Barring disaster, loot & levels will carry over from the latter.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I do not think Vermintide 2 exists.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I can neither confirm nor deny that I got into the tech test, nor can I definitively say that I am eagerly waiting for it to install so I can kill 100000000 rats, maybe.

Note: I haven't preordered.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't think it's breaking NDA to say that I really like the colours in this game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Banano posted:

What engine is it on again? It looks very unrealish to me, but i don’t remember seeing a logo anywhere and that is usually plastered all over UE4 games

It's their in-house engine.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

This is the worst gimmick.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Madcosby posted:

My biggest gripe is that you no longer get a text notification when someone kills a special vermin. If the creature isnt tagged blue it can be hard to know if it's dead. Im hoping thats just a beta thing though.

They've replaced the text with little portraits of the character and the special killed that come up on the top left of your screen. Keep an eye out for them next time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think I've found a winning solution to fixing Kerillian.

It's:
Delete the elf, replace with Skink.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I am amenable to this compromise.

jerry seinfel posted:

How do I go about reporting bugs? Had a match where no one had any sound the.entire game
I don't know if it's true, but someone ingame told me the sound bug is related to the Bright Mage. :shrug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i have to admit i love the horde feeling now. in VT1 it was ok but it felt like the zombie streams from l4d games. in this it feels like loving lord of the rings. like you see tons of chaos assholes poaring down a wooded hill like its the battle of amon hen.

Huh, I thought you only played games on consoles?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah OK, Hagbane's pretty OP. Just had a level 9 elf join a pubgame, aggro a Stormvermin patrol and then single-handedly kill the entire thing with about 3 arrows.

Digirat posted:

it's going to take a hell of a lot of modding or a serious redesign (which I don't think they're going to do) to make so much of this poo poo actually coherent
I have no idea what you mean dude. It seems like the first game but with more stuff to kill and systems to level.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Can you at least say whether your issues are around the progression rather than the gameplay? Because the latter just seems improved in every way.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grondoth posted:

It's so fuckin' weird to see people obsessing over how having a flamethrower is the thing that makes an ironbreaker an ironbreaker when it's a totally new thing they put in during the event that destroyed warhammer fantasy
Were they? I thought they were just an 8th Edition add.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If you can get wins with power level 5, it's not too hard. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait what are illusions?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hi

This game is 22% off on GMG still. You should buy it because vermintidepod is the best.

And this is your best deal to get the game.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/warhammer-vermintide-2-pc/

Make sure you go to the VIP section to buy the game there. That’s where you’ll see it listed for -22%.

See you all in Master Splinter’s Bodega of Horrors.

Sweet, just pulled the trigger, though I'll not be playing until all the maps are out.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

eonwe posted:

I only tried Kruber

Im sure they are all fun, but any recommendations for someone who hardly has played Vermintide period?

You started on top, Kruber über alles.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Still remain convinced that I'll just wait for full release with bosses, and special missions, and everything.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeathSandwich posted:

Drakegun and drakefire pistols are locked to ironbreaker and the slayer axes are locked to slayer. There aren't any unique ironbreaker melee weapons though. Pretty much all of the classic WHFB dwarf melee weapons are accounted for now and the only ranged infantry weapon he doesn't have access to are throwing axes (which I would love to see). They could give him a new melee weapon in the form of some sort of "Runeforged _____" and give it a different attack set or another flavor of flame spewing gun.
Don't forget the Trollhammer torpedo, though with grenades still being a thing, they couldn't really get away with adding it or a grenade launcher for Kruber without making them useless. Maybe finangle with the canon a little and give him a man-portable steam gun, make it like a short duration flamethrower or something.

I know they originally wanted to add more characters as DLC for the first game, and I hope they actually do it this time around, as much work as that would be.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

huh i had no idea the khemri were a warhammer fantasy thing beyond a bloodbowl team

Fatshark, please add an ancient Egyptian mummy who does nothing but make bone jokes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nanomashoes posted:

And of course, Saltzpyre fell in love with Sienna and that's why she's still around and they're going to get married after this game's over.

And then she gets him pregnant

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
How's Kruber's Repeater this time around? It was very mediocre in VT1 until the big rebalance after which it was by far my favourite ranged weapon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Remind me never to play with Lunethex because he just does everything, as everyone.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

Oh for fucks sake they still have that lovely book system? That might just this a hard pass for me unless everything else is a drastic improvement over the original.(specifically end of match rewards actually being something I can use for my current class MOST of the time and if stats and item modifiers are cooler)

Lol everybody loved the book system of course it's back. Anyway, end of match rewards are now a crate that give you rewards tailored to whatever character you've selected when you open it, so no more double daggers you will never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Fatshark's already come out and said that there will be no purchasing of loot.

• Locked thread