Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Second from the right is a chaos spawn, and the thing on the balcony above is a sorcerer of Nurgle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Night10194 posted:

I think the Sorcerer is one of the new "Lords". The bosses you'll have to fight at the end of series' of missions, like the Warlord in Stromdorf.

Nah, he's an uncommon. When they showed a game play stream a month or so back, he showed up on the demo mission. He shot wave of blight that travel along the ground and then explode into lingering clouds. Also tried to teleport away and behind mooks when the PCs close in on him. I wonder if he may have other abilities?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Bogart posted:

So he's a gas rat?

For what I remember, similar but not quite the same. The projectile is MUCH faster and seems to have some homing capacity, and the cloud if only about 25% the gas rat size. Seems like he is more focused on sniping out single targets as oppose to denying a large area.

Mzbundifund posted:

Sounds like there's a lot of new kinds of special enemies, what with every kind of special rat returning, new rats, and the football team has their own set of specials. I wonder if every level will have the potential for every kind of special enemy to appear in it at any time, or if a given mission will tell you you might encounter a specific set of specials to encourage you to bring appropriate counters.

They said there are 3x as many different specials as in the first. A large enough pool that you can go several missions without necessarily seeing a given type. Some areas may weighted to favor either skaven or chaos, but either can show up anywhere.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Yardbomb posted:

I'm gonna be playing the hell out of murderhobo Bardin.

Huntsman Kruber is a literal murderhobo. He lives in the woods and does nothing but drink and kill things.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Coolguye posted:

i feel like it's unlikely that they'll do a lot of that simply because it's actually incredibly difficult to make anything have gravitas in age of sigmar, way harder than fantasy or 40k, because everything comes from these elemental planes of chaos, order, or whatever and these planes are impossible to threaten in a practical sense. even sigmarines, when they 'die', don't really die, they just return to the plane of order after a short while. they pick up a new set of armor and they're good to go again. functionally, death means nothing for like 90%+ of all the units hanging around AoS, and all the neutral ground battles where land can change hands or whatever don't matter for the same reason; there's these limitless planes where inexhaustible resources for each side flow out of, so literally no victories or defeats actually matter.

There are two things that fantasy has, that has that 40K lacks and AoS really lacks. First, as previously mentioned, is a relatable sense of scale that makes the conflicts in the world have actual meaningful stakes. The second is enough tongue in cheek humor and silliness that keeps the grim dark elements from getting unbearably monotonous. Without those elements, AoS especially just feels utterly weightless and tediously samey.

Night10194 posted:

It's cool and good when Markus Kruber, dude with a mustache and some honest steel, kills the hell out of an 8 foot robot that used to be a champion of the Dark Gods.

It is boring and not good when two 8 foot robots, one of whom used to be a champion of a different God than the other, bonk one another on the head with big hammers for a couple hours then do it again next tuesday.

I feel like both Fatshark and CA have a much better idea what makes GW properties compelling then GW itself. I particularly like some of the random events in TW Warhammer such as the when dwarves get a grudge against the undead for raising dead dwarves as zombies to perform a play, it being an extra serious grudge because the play is bad.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats because he is great.

I'm glad they went with Nurgle. He is by far the most entertaining of the Chaos gods, and his followers all have that certain je ne sais quoi.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
The NDA specified that anyone breaking it would result in 1) loss of access and 2) an entry in the book.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ChickenHeart posted:

Zeno clash is the only game in existence that features first-person suplexes with their grappling mechanic.

Night10194 posted:

I need to go reinstall and try to play Zeno Clash now.

Same, I have never heard of Zeno Clash before, but now have a burning desire for it.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

PantsOptional posted:

Very curious to see if progress made in the preorder beta will carry over to the release.

I think they did so for the first game.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skandranon posted:

I heard it's going to be sick. They got rid of all non-elf characters.

On both sides, I was skeptical when they set it during The Sundering, but it's turned out great.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

This guy knows what's up. :love:Kruber:love:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I just noticed that in Kruber's room, he has made little animals out of potatoes. This makes me happy.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Willie Tomg posted:

The power curve of this game is INSANE. Straight up: i don't like how levels are gatekeepered to power level, and I'd rather have a smart power 50 guy than a dumbass power 400 or whatever, but GOD going back to Normal to help someone level and breaking it over your knee feels good.

It was that way in the first one. Good equipment is nice for sure, but no quality of gear will help the guy who keep running off on his own, refuses to help the group, and can't find the block button to save his life.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
They said the first one went sold 2 million across all platforms, without any formal advertising just word of mouth.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Grey Wizard might be dead. The new mission in Vermintide had Rasknitt minions discover the Inn so they found a way around the illusion.

Yeah, but the team still has a grey wizard as the mission briefing for seeds of corruption outright states that Olesya is one.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Any tips for playing BW? I'm not sure how I should be managing heat. Her melee weapons seem bad other than the basic sword, am I missing something about the dagger and mace?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Add damage taken to the end mission screen. There was no reason to drop it, and it is a really important criteria since excessive damage is a good indication that a given player needs to play more conservatively.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Night10194 posted:

I don't get why the sniper elf got self-healing and effectively infinite ammo.

It's still technically closed beta, I'm really hoping for a balance pass prior to the preorder beta/release. There are something that are transparently way too strong.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kanos posted:

She literally yells at people and calls them stupid for healing her.

In fairness, she is not wrong in this instance.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Orikaeshigitae posted:

She's a hick who hates the city and wants to go home, but can't.

Yeah, she really, really bitter. I think this is also the reason she treats Sienna differently than the rest of the party. She was given a good lesson on treating mages with proper degree of respect when she got herself banished from her beloved murder forest. One of her conversations in V1 even runs along the line of

Elf: My people believe that magic is a blessing and that those who have the gift are to be honored and respected.

BW: My people believe magic is a curse and that who use it are to be feared.

Elf: I think, perhaps, both are right.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Third World Reggin posted:

When you get a character to level 10, they move out of the center into a room.

Dwarf goes to above the forge, empire knight goes to into the armory, and fun witch hunter man goes to the dungeons.

That's a neat touch.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Grondoth posted:

Are the fire fx still bad

Improved since the last beta, still not great.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jimbot posted:

Speaking of dice, are the loot dice you find in chests random? I don't mean placed in random chests but is it random if they show up at all on the map?

I believe so, though I think they also have a high chance of being dropped by a loot rat.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mr. Pickles posted:

3 maps seems ok to start with. Gonna need to gather insane amounts of lewt off the bat, so I'm guessing there's a new horn of magnus equivalent we'll be running back to back. I'm sold.

The game now gives a pretty good bonus to the loot roll at the end for playing random maps. No more running one single level ad nauseum.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If I just bought in on Steam, which version should I download to start playing? Closed Test or Regular version?

Closed test is now closed, likely permanently. Try the crisp, clean taste of regular.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I know the game is new, but what is the community like around it? Bearable, or full of sassy internet stereotypes? I’d be buying the game to play mainly with a few friends who have been spread around the country, but I’m sure I’ll play outside of that too... and I am an old cranky man these days and playing with strangers is something I never really enjoyed (especially after playing Overwatch).

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Like any other online video game it has it's mix of competent players and bad players. It's a toss up depending on what game you join, the game relies on teamwork though so pubbies can be frustratingly bad sometimes (the elf)

It's kind of nebulous, but I've found the community to be friendlier compared to some other online games. In random games, people seem to be generally more willing to offer advice when someone fucks up as oppose to abuse. People will often use healing items on other party members that need them rather than just hording them or topping off themselves. Of course, there are always bad players and assholes, and they will almost without fail be playing the elf.

fadam posted:

SO what's the best Kruber sub-class now?

Not knight, his beard game is weak.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BombiTheZombie posted:

I had an elf quaff a healing potion at 80% hp (as they are want to do) to which bardin said " typical, the elf is only looking after her own skin". Elf hate is now canon.

Elf hate has always been canon. Some of my favorite lines in the first one.

.:pack master grabs the elf:. Bardin, "Strangler has got our elf. Are we sure we want her back?"

.:pack master grabs the elf:. Salty, "Stop strangling the elf! I want to do that!"

Best new lines

.:Kruber drinking:. "you're still no ale" and I've only heard it once so I think it's really rare, "I ale you were a wish."

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I feel like flamethrower is in a decent place with the change, it still straight murders hordes. However, it has a lot of drawbacks. It take several seconds uninterrupted to charge it, it's vulnerable to being interrupted if your allies don't watch your back, it does poo poo damage against anything beefier than fodder, and you have to give up all ability to effect more than 7 feet in front of you. I really like taking it on pyromancer since I still have her active for special sniping if my team is not in position to do so. I am wary of how it will be once I go up to FF enabled difficulties.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Tamayachi posted:

It's weird to me that people don't just mash the mark button while sweeping a field so you can see where all the specials/potions/bombs are.

I do this anytime I hear a special spawn sound. It will frequently highlight them even when they are behind scenery, and doesn't cost anything to do.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Lunethex posted:

The moral of the story is, it doesn't matter what difficulty it is or what level you are because this is Vermintide and you will die in the most inane ways. if you aren't in LoS of a teammate or within 30m of them back the gently caress up.

The A.I. director will absolutely spawn a gutter, packmaster, or leech to punish someone for being way ahead or behind the group.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MonsterEnvy posted:

It appears these are all the stages of Act III. The final mission Warcamp is beating the Chaos Champion after you upset him, by freeing his slaves, blowing up his supplies, and stopping his big plan.

I think these are all Act 1. Olesya will discuss the previous mission and introduce the next one starting after you finishing the prologue. I assume the other two acts will also have final bosses, most likely ending with the Skaven Warlord.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Broken Cog posted:

Sienna's room is just a hole in the wall, filled with debris.

Smoldering debris.

Kruber's is increasingly organized, but, more importantly, he has used potatoes and little wooden pegs to make a shelf full of potato animals :3:.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ravenfood posted:

They target one hero and don't really re-target until they have to reload. Their point isn't to actually kill you but to lock one player down and force teamwork.

Also to lock out a section of the battlefield, which i turn divides up the hero's while trying to face other specials/hordes.

I think shields can actually be used to block rattling fire so long as you have stamina, unlike other weapons.

Mr E posted:

Which staff should I be using with the second Sienna class? I like the beam and bolt staff but it seems like I'll overheat quickly with the bolt staff.

Pyromancer's heat management doesn't really come online till she get some talents. Most notably her level 10 talent that give double heat loss over time so long as one team mate has a grim. Supposedly, her most broken build is pyro, bolt staff, crit boosters, and a lose heat on crit oj.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 6, 2018

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kimsemus posted:

If the Empire lore is accurate, he's probably the son of the Duke of Hass, which is inscribed on his cloak as a Knight. Hass is probably a province of eastern Reikland. This is kind of backed up by the fact that he's not wearing any knightly order heraldry but his pauldron badge is the symbol of the Empire of Man, and the color pattern is that of the Reikland troops. Which means he was probably some kind of officer among them.

When he was a soldier, he was lieutenant of the 8th Ostland Swordsmen. As a knight, he was invited to join the Order of the Reikshammer. His family were just farmers though.

Digirat posted:

I hope there’s another wheat and chaff situation where the intro cutscene pans back to reveal that everyone has already been punched off a cliff by roger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwDmDwspFg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Tomahawk posted:

dumb question but i know nothing about warhammer but this game is fun and a lot of you seem to be really knowledgeable about the warhammer lore. are there books or comics or something? i thought this was just a tabletop game

It's a setting that is predominately a miniature game, but with plenty of licensing. It's been around for 35 years and is popular with gamestore types globally, so there is a lot of supplemental material like books and comics. There is also a traditional tabletop RPG in the setting, with a lot of splat books that go into significant detail.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 8, 2018

• Locked thread