Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Frog Act posted:

So I've only played for like 4 hours, almost entirely as the Imperial Soldier using a sword+shield and some kind of lovely green blunderbuss. I'm doing really god on normal/hard maps, usually top in melee kills, but I can't seem to do anything to Stormvermin unless I get super lucky and score a really good headshot with my blunderbuss. Is that pretty much all I can do without an armor penetrating weapon?

The blunderbuss becomes a much better tool to deal with stormvermin/specials once you find a blue or orange one. I think with an orange one you can bodyshot most specials even on nightmare and still get a one hit kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

The must-have trinket is the one that heals your team whenever you heal. It's a necessity on the higher difficulties imo.

The other two slots are situational depending on mission but potion share is always a good choice, luck or item dupe if you have a coordinated team and can designate someone as the "open chest" guy, the anti-grim trinket is always great, bonesaw/anti glob are decent for your last slot.

Shalya's dove or whatever, the one that heals you 80% when you bandage another person is my single favorite trinket. Turns every set of bandages into a two-fer

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

the group i played with always had way more trouble with the portals and cliffs map than dungeons

The generators on nightmare+ can lose so much progress if you even let one drat rat cool it off, and pubbies love to just camp the gate instead of help keep an eye on them.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

All this rat ogre talk and noone has linked the best Vermintide / Rat ogre video yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwDmDwspFg

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

HAIL BEARDS.

Dutch literal translation for halberds is hell beards :yeah:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

PantsOptional posted:

Very curious to see if progress made in the preorder beta will carry over to the release.

It will

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Vargs posted:

I feel like Vermintide 1 on nightmare is easier than Vermintide 2 on normal. Someday I will successfully complete a mission to see how the loot/progression systems work. Maybe.

I feel the same. I think its just because they added a power rating to weapons, and people are used to playing VT1 with their oranges/reds instead of scrubby starter weapons.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Gealar posted:

So something I am not sure about. Is there supposed to be another closed beta that starts on the 20th or is it just another wave of people into the current one?

The 28th beta is for pre-orders only, and progress wil carry over. It'll also be a more recent build as this one is (iirc) at least a month or two old. I really like what they did in VT2 and can't wait until then.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Banano posted:

I forgot to mention that the elf still attracts the worst kind of players, that much has remained unchanged from the first game

I play elf so when I matchmake I never get grouped with a terrible elf. A ranged-focused elf choice is just gonna attract the worst kind of people, but I really love the Sword & Dagger more than any ranged option she got in VT1.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Saraiguma posted:

Then what's the point of a white 5 power vs a white 10 power trinket?

A higher total powerlevel straight up increases your damage output

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

My only real beef so far is the lack of "Damage taken" stat in the end of mission stats. How am I supposed to shame my friends?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Caidin posted:

What exactly does +infantry damage not apply to? Specials in general?

I'm guessing things like Bile troll, rogers, etc. Anything not man-sized?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Digirat posted:

now that modding is in I am going to try to do this for all rats and chaos, but with the elf voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f476qYCQPvg&t=456s

This is the superior voice pack

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Orikaeshigitae posted:

it's been steadily increasing while i haven't changed my equipment, so i would think it counts the items in your inventory.

I think your actual level is also used as a mulitiplier of your hero level, so a level 1 hero with 400 power still does less than a level 20 with 400 power

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Is there a guide to getting started and not sucking, somewhere? I never really played L4D, but this looks interesting.

The single most important thing imo is being aware of your surroundings so you don't take unnecessary damage. Here's a good short guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/80l4db/how_to_avoid_damage_a_short_summary_for_defense/

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Phi230 posted:

So if I preorder the game today I get beta access? Will there be a wipe of progress on release day or what?

Yes, No.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Is the music in 2 as amazing as the first ones?

Yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfYBSWAOcZs

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Prawned posted:

Is it just me or is this game way harder than vermintide 1 (since last night's release). Maybe I'm overly reliant on the gear I had, but we were doing cataclysm in numero uno and last night we died in a recruit mission.

I feel like in VT1 it was more common to die of attrition, in 2 poo poo goes from 0-100 real fast if you're not paying attention

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The elf 2H-sword is real fun to use. Wide sweeping strikes and a thrust charge attack that can headshot. It's noticeably slower than the glaive, but with some attackspeed it cuts up hordes real good.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Night10194 posted:

Also, in 40k, they can always just blow up the planet and move on.

Reeeeeally can't do that in Fantasy, for obvious reasons, so there's something people actually have to fight over.
There was that time the skaven blew up the moon

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Calihan posted:

Especially since at least personally I find the Drakefire Pistols a much more practical weapon able to hammer a much wider range of enemies at a much safer distance. Nothing like quickdraw blasting a Gutter Runner in the face mid-flight with my fantasy plasma pistol.

The charged up blast on drakefires also still gets rid of swarms effectively, so it's not like you lose out on AE potential either.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Is anyone else having texture pop-in issues? Close-up enemies will show their low-Level of detail texture and then fade into their highres versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Link this stream that sounds awesome

I took screenshots because I thought it was a really neat idea. I'm never gonna use it myself, but if you're gonna add twitch integration as its own gamemode, this is a really cool way of doing it. Sidenote: all 4 players can have their own twitch connected and have their own vote rounds going on, so the games can get pretty crazy I bet

• Locked thread