Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

holy poo poo some people are awful at this. the number of people trying to do two-grim runs on their level one characters is loving staggering. or people dying in the first field in 'against the grain'.

yeah my pubbie experience last night was a Kruber that charged ahead and got downed over and over again, used all the healing items regardless of how much or little health he had and insisted on double grim run despite us barely managing to scrape by to begin with. I had a looooot of picked up allies by the end of it all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Coolguye posted:

was kruber's hunter discipline making him do like double mega ultra loving hella crits in the last beta? i never played his hunter setup but jesus mary christ this is vicious

yep! it's pretty ridiculous and also not mentioned anywhere

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

dmboogie posted:

i four-shot a rat ogre in combination with a witch hunter who took the 'pinged targets take more damage' talent, it took like 3 seconds.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What graphics setting do I want to adjust if I don't want the screen to darken while charging fireballs on the pyromancer?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I had a lot of fun with Kruber Huntsman in the closed beta, Huntsman special + strength potion was enough to make short work of any boss near instantly.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Digirat posted:

Cool, if anyone gets a blue before 10 or an orange before 15 please post it

The gates in the last beta incentivized you to hoard boxes and I'm hoping this means that's out

I got greens at 3 and blues at 8

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I never played the first game. Will they add in more characters as DLC? Dwarves, Humans and a Elf are boring, I want to be a Skaven.

theres a 0% chance of more characters but in purely idle speculation adding more careers might happen, it seems a lot easier

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I never played the first game. Will they add in more characters as DLC? Dwarves, Humans and a Elf are boring, I want to be a Skaven.

fyi elf is actually two rats under a cloak

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Just got an orange two-handed hammer on Kruber at exactly level 10.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again
Does the elf's '50 bonus damage to headshot' talent calculate out to be worthwhile?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Orikaeshigitae posted:

I followed along, even got to above the portrait on the second floor, but it seems to end there?

From that screen, look to the left of the same pillar you're standing next to. There's another board coming out of it perpendicular to the one you're on. the jump seems really hard to make and I haven't made it, but I assume it's the way to go since there's no other one I can see

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What graphics setting do I want to adjust if I don't want the screen to darken while charging fireballs on the pyromancer?

In beta it was set to medium, turn off all post processing, then turn textures up to desired level

but it didn't help enough

and fatshark is loving retarded with the lighting

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
All three runs I tried tonight crashed around the halfway point of each map, sweet. Beta~

edit: yep, two more, same poo poo. game is unplayable

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 1, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the one-handed hammer by itself for the dwarf is still the champ

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Digirat posted:

From that screen, look to the left of the same pillar you're standing next to. There's another board coming out of it perpendicular to the one you're on. the jump seems really hard to make and I haven't made it, but I assume it's the way to go since there's no other one I can see

I suspect that there'll be some renovations or something, because there's a fourth floor to the tower that's currently inaccessible.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

dmboogie posted:

i just ran some numbers, this poo poo is definitely loving super busted. the damage numbers reported by the dummies is way beyond crits.

i run hunter kruber with a halberd, right? let me just drop these numbers for you at hero power 105 (level 10, 5 equipment):

strong strike (basic slash, first one in combo): 800
strong strike crit: 2145
strong strike with the active's rampage going: loving 4800. with one slash clocking in at 9600. i presume that is the natural crit chance stacking with the rampage.

and the blunderbuss:
basic shot: 625 damage per pellet (remember, there's like 10-12 pellets or some poo poo per shot on the blunderbuss)
tripping on rampage: loving 2150.

that active is super loving busted and it ain't subtle about it. just guaranteed crits would be fine, but this is some serious special snowflake treatment that just equips him with the goddamn punch of kill everything.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah I think the new version of the strength potion/volley crossbow combo for roger has simply become "play as the lumberjack with a remington"

Fighting the troll with no special killers and I had absolutely no loving idea how you're supposed to avoid the spit because it instantly happened with no animation three times in a row, so until the lumberjack gets nerfed I think I'm going to make this the base I make sure the team always has covered on any mission I'm worried about, because just skipping the bosses sounds a hell of a lot nicer. in vermintide 1 that was making sure you equipped the hagbane or the volley crossbow if no one else did, in this game it seems to be playing as the lumberjack with the shotgun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't very much like the other two classes being unlocked at 7 and 12, I like some of the base classes and others I'd rather do the others.

A good change would be if you picked which of the two other classes you could unlock at level 5, then the final one at 10.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Digirat posted:

Yeah I think the new version of the strength potion/volley crossbow combo for roger has simply become "play as the lumberjack with a remington"

Fighting the troll with no special killers and I had absolutely no loving idea how you're supposed to avoid the spit because it instantly happened with no animation three times in a row, so until the lumberjack gets nerfed I think I'm going to make this the base I make sure the team always has covered on any mission I'm worried about, because just skipping the bosses sounds a hell of a lot nicer. in vermintide 1 that was making sure you equipped the hagbane or the volley crossbow if no one else did, in this game it seems to be playing as the lumberjack with the shotgun

jesus i didn't even try this poo poo with a strength pot

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Don't know what it is with bile troll but the dude eats my lunch pretty much every time I see him. I stick a toe in the throwup and then I'm stuck moving slowly through it trying to escape for the next five minutes while taking health and stamina damage.

Orv
May 4, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

Don't know what it is with bile troll but the dude eats my lunch pretty much every time I see him. I stick a toe in the throwup and then I'm stuck moving slowly through it trying to escape for the next five minutes while taking health and stamina damage.

The slow percentage is way too high especially given that it now has an PBAOE puke attack that I don't think it had in the betas, which is absolutely large enough to fill some of the smaller rooms where the mini-bosses can spawn, basically dooming the entire team then and there.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Orv posted:

The slow percentage is way too high especially given that it now has an PBAOE puke attack that I don't think it had in the betas, which is absolutely large enough to fill some of the smaller rooms where the mini-bosses can spawn, basically dooming the entire team then and there.

it had that in the last beta, but all of those maps are relatively wide-open. it's much harder to avoid the puke attack in a rat warren.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
All the books on the Ussingen map.

https://imgur.com/a/UKaOf

Orv
May 4, 2011
Am I crazy or do the Irondrake pistols alt fire not... do a thing? It seems like two projectiles spawn and then immediately cease to exist? Or they might even go backward?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fyi one map seems to be bugged. At the end it tells you to go in small caves and take out pustules. Problem is, the last cave only has six of the seven needed. We spent a lot of time searching, but we eventually gave up. So it may be bugged or outside the cave, which is lovely map design since the prior two caves had their pustules all inside.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Fyi one map seems to be bugged. At the end it tells you to go in small caves and take out pustules. Problem is, the last cave only has six of the seven needed. We spent a lot of time searching, but we eventually gave up. So it may be bugged or outside the cave, which is lovely map design since the prior two caves had their pustules all inside.

You're probably referencing the same one we spent a while looking for. It's on the far right end of the cave on the second floor.. in a tiny sub-cave that you have to stand on top of some barrels to see inside of. Map designer was a real jerk.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Is it just me or is this game way harder than vermintide 1 (since last night's release). Maybe I'm overly reliant on the gear I had, but we were doing cataclysm in numero uno and last night we died in a recruit mission.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Lunethex posted:

All the books on the Ussingen map.

https://imgur.com/a/UKaOf

I just had an amazing round on Ussingen thanks to some level 14 Saltzpyre, 3 tomes plus both grimoires.

Tried it again and the map decided not to give us any ammo drops everyone was empty and had to melee only

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Prawned posted:

Is it just me or is this game way harder than vermintide 1 (since last night's release). Maybe I'm overly reliant on the gear I had, but we were doing cataclysm in numero uno and last night we died in a recruit mission.

I feel like in VT1 it was more common to die of attrition, in 2 poo poo goes from 0-100 real fast if you're not paying attention

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Yeah, I've gone 1-Grimoire-whatever% to 0% just by a sorcerer grab into a horde of rats in less than 3 seconds, but very rarely had everyone's health drop slowly through the mission.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Orv posted:

Am I crazy or do the Irondrake pistols alt fire not... do a thing? It seems like two projectiles spawn and then immediately cease to exist? Or they might even go backward?

It was mega nerfed from vt1. It used to be like a mini flame thrower shotgun and light the ground on fire.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
Had 2 friends playing with me and a pubbie playing elf on against the grain last night. We got a little beat up by a bile troll at the first farmhouse so we took 30 secs to grab heals and pots from the buildings.

Cue the elf running off down the road on his own, yelling about wtf we were doing and immediately disconnecting.

What is wrong with humanity.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Willie Tomg posted:

I am convinced that berserkers are a gameplay test to see if one person has enough stamina to block a 5 hit combo

Ironbreaker can block the entire combo for no stamina. :smug:

Death by Chickens posted:

Cue the elf running off down the road on his own, yelling about wtf we were doing and immediately disconnecting.

Was on the last part of the blow up the empire building mission, and the elf went off running while we had 3 tomes and a grim, to let us get swallowed up whole by the zerg.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

around elves watch yourselves

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

The trolls seem way too strong at the moment. So far every game that's spawned a troll has ended the run, except the one time someone was running huntsman.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

The trolls seem way too strong at the moment. So far every game that's spawned a troll has ended the run, except the one time someone was running huntsman.

They vomit much faster and spew around themselves a lot. A dev has already commented it so expect that to change.

quote:

RatherdoneDeveloper3h
My thoughts are, yeah we need to look over it - we rehauled the troll behaviour to make sure it could do everything it’s supposed, which created a much less passive troll. We do need to tune slowdowns/damages/health-regen to smooth things out a bit and make for an interesting and engaging boss encounter rather than a wipe-simulator. These are my initial thoughts and I will now start clicking to see if they are correct - stay tuned and Thank you for your feedback!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Trolls seem stronger now, nicer than how easy they were last betas. I got wiped a few times to trolls today but I think it was because there wasn't much weapon choices to bring at lvl 1.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 1, 2018

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Tenzarin posted:

Trolls seem stronger now nicer than how easy they were last betas. I got wiped a few times to trolls today but I think it was because there wasn't much weapon choices to bring at lvl 1.

They're actually horrible fuckers who are ridiculously difficult to fight without having a huntsman to cheat them to death. Touching their floor vomit slows you by like 90% and burns the gently caress out of your stamina/hp so if any other mobs are around you're just dead.

This wouldn't be a problem except they spawn in alleyways and corridors with distressing regularity.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 1, 2018

Earl Chestnuts
Feb 19, 2013
What settings should I turn down if hordes are causing FPS drops? I mean, 30-40 FPS is still perfectly playable but the sudden choppiness throws me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Set all lighting options to Medium

Turn off

Skin Shading
Depth of Field
Screen Space Reflections
Color and Lens Distortion
Motion Blur

And set SSAO to Medium.

Turning off Physics Debris might help too.

• Locked thread