Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Played nightmare Horn last night and got an Ogre spawn at the top of the elevator ride to the tower... what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think the melee feels very good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Apparently the one true and righteous king, all hail Malekith, united and rules all elves. Long live Malekith.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

True, but the game also only cost $30 on steam and you can get the game for like $20 else where.

Black Powder Runs on nightmare are a cake walk but we tried to go up to cata and just couldn't do it. How are people farming it on cata?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think if people weren't so hosed when they lose the end of map events people would be less inclined to cheese it. You just spent 30 minutes dragging your bloodied dick through the mud to get their and if you fail, grats on some useless xp that doesn't matter. You should get a number of dice at the end of the game based on how far you got so if you got to the event but wiped you get 5 dice instead of 6 or something.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a good summary about whats changed in this game since release day somewhere?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Right on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want to be a DE with a repeater crossbow.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Digirat posted:

There's a huge number of things that could go wrong. They could waste resources on crap like pvp,

A versus mode could actually be really fun though?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

neither were very good, you just remember l4d1 fondly because it was the first of its kind and the novelty bred good experiences

I mean we are talking opinions here but I think your opinoin is wrong. Both L4d and L4d2 versus modes were incredibly fun. Different people like different things. Vermintide at its core is a co-op pve game, but if they could get a versus mode in it without sacrificing their main purpose then why not? Hell, they can even contract that part out to some other company and its your choice if you want to play it or not.

L4d versus was not a solo friendly game and if you played it that way I imagine it was probably the most terrible experience of your life. It bums me out that we have only got some lovely 4v1 games since l4d.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 31, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Digirat posted:

I guess I'll add my reasons to that when I'm not phoneposting

I mean you can, but really why? We are just talking about a really fun game on a dead gay irrelevant forum and one poster just thinks a versus mode in vermintide would be fun because killing hummies and dwarfs as a rat is cool.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are we saying you can't have a pvp game that contains an instant kill hitscan weapon?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

I still can't believe how much I've enjoyed vermintide. It's one of the best value deals I've bought in a long time

Same.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

steam forum

lol nice trick.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I mean, its ranked #45 right now, and is almost a decade old? Is it really that bad or do you just not like it? It has more players than many newer games? Something isn't adding up here. I wonder what it is.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

i'd say it's more a reading problem than a math problem because you clearly can't read what's being posted

or, more probably, you're choosing not to. whatever, man, let it remain on a pedestal in your own mind, not my delusion.

Guess so!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The dream will never be my friend.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It it takes 100 units to complete Y and you have 150 units then god drat lets no do X because digirat.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

were all friends here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

a witch elf, you couldn't proceed cause she would constantly be getting an elf boner over all the dead things.

a bret peasant would be sweet.

• Locked thread