Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's October and it's a perfect time to play some horror games! A few horror games are some of my favorites and classics of the medium. Currently a lot of these games can be picked up for cheap or emulated.
Classics

Fatal Frame

Fatal Frame has seen four English releases, one being an excellent remake of Fatal Frame 2 for the Wii. The other three were released on Playstation 2 and the original Xbox. The first game is easily one of the scariest horror games ever released but it does suffer from a terrible English dub and is pretty hard to find a physical copy of. The two sequels are great too but many people find that the third entry, The Tormented, was subpar. I've played the remake of 2 for the Wii and it's very good. It's also likely the easiest one of the original to get a hold of without having to emulate it.

:siren:Sometime this month WiiU owners will get a chance to play the newest Fatal Frame, Maiden of the Black Water as an Eshop exclusive! If anyone gets this please give it a review! :siren:

Fatal Frame games play with the classic Resident Evil tank style controls with combat taking place entirely in a first person perspective. It borrows a lot from Resident Evil aside from its controls; fixed camera, puzzles, revisiting areas, and a similar save system (though you can be attacked in these areas), and a similar upgrade system. Fatal Frame, especially the first one, can prove to be pretty challenging. Each ghost requires a face shot to damage and there are many kinds of frame perfect shots you can perform. Some ghosts have special gimmicks like the one in the gif. She is blinded and cannot physically locate you unless you move. She represents one of the game's best challenges. Some ghosts are low to the ground and some ghosts don't even have their heads attached to their bodies! There's something of an overarching story between all the games but each game is self contained enough for that not to matter. Highly Recommended if you haven't played any of them.

Silent Hill

Everyone has played at least one of these games. Silent Hill has had a lot of American releases aside along with the four mainline games. It seems like a lot of these are kind of mixed in how much people like them. Homecoming (PS2) is probably the weakest of the franchise. I personally think Downpour is a little underrated (PS3, 360) and worth a shot if you can find it for cheap. Shattered Memories (PS2, Wii, PSP) is a remake of the first game and is excellent, play this if you can! There are two more I haven't played; Arcades which was slated to get on PSN this year and Book of Memories (VITA) which I've heard is good. There's also two HD remakes of the first three games that people generally hate.

Silent Hill is classic tanky controls and plays a lot like early Resident Evil games. However Silent Hill excels in creating horror outside the monsters. Something that anyone who's played the game is aware of. Silent Hill 1 (PS1) has aged somewhat alright, but its remake is well done enough to try that instead. The PS2 mainline titles (2,3,4) have aged very well and if you have a ps2 or a backwards compatible PS3 then I recommend all of them. SH2 is the standout classic and one of my favorite horror games. Silent Hill 2 also has a Metal Gear Solid-esque amount of stuff you may not have picked up in your initial playthrough Like how you can beat the final pyramid heads without firing a shot, or that even most of the game can be completed without violence. SH3 is great and actually the first Silent Hill I played through. It's good for if you want to hear the voice of the iDroid and TPP main theme singer scream about birthing satan (she's also in SH2). Silent Hill 4 seems to get some flak from fans but I really, really like it. It does a lot of things different from the core series but I like the ghosts and the first person sequences. SH4 also represents Team Silents last effort on the series and it seems like a lot of details from it inspired P.T. Hopefully if you passed up on 4 in the past you'll give it a shot now.

:cheerdoge:Here's the va's for James and Eddie doing lines from the game reversed or even as completely different characters
Guy Cihi also participated in a Let's Play of SH2. He's cool to listen to for his insight into the process but he is kind've a slow talker.
Silent Hills got canceled.

Silent Hill inspired a ton of knockoffs that might get covered later.

Resident Evil

Everyone has played a Resident Evil game at some point, usually it's one of the mainlines. Many were introduced by the excellent Resident Evil 4 which itself was a huge departure from the tanky controls of the previous 3 games. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 are all pretty well known and widely played. Resident Evil 1 saw a fairly faithful remake on the Gamecube that I really liked (essentially did what Twin Snakes did for MGS1). 5-6 are extremely action oriented and a bit ridiculous. Good fun played co-op. Resident Evil received a ton of non mainline games that vary pretty wildly in quality. On the low end is something like Operation Raccoon City and the on rails shooter Umbrella Chronicles (I've played both and they're terrible). On the other end there are a few games like the recently released Revelations 2 (PS3, PS4, 360, XBONE, STEAM: All Episodes are Released) which is excellent and a game I'd recommend though I don't think it was so hotly reviewed. It does a good job of being a co-op RE4-like.

Resident Evil 1-3 invented and perfected the tanky style of game play that lends a lot to what makes those games scary. They focus a lot more on the gory body horror style over any sort of psychological horror. The rest of the games are over the shoulder action shooters that are generally a lot less 'scary' but tend to be fun. Do not play 5 without a person playing with you. Best story in the biz

:siren: Capcom has confirmed that RE2 is getting a full HD remake. I couldn't find any info on it past the company confirming it. Additionally a Multi-Player focus Resident Evil, 'Umbrella Corps is slated for 2016. It'll probably be that mercs mode but the whole game.

Other Games

Penumbra
A series of games by Frictional Games. They play a whole lot like Amnesia and are pretty scary. Worth a look but Amnesia TDD is the pinnacle of these games.

Condemned
A first person horror game with visceral combat. I only really recall the Condemned 2 and I remember enjoying it. Best Bear sequence in any game.

FEAR
Fear 1 and 2 are each fairly scary but really shine with their gun play. The paranormal aspects of the game are pretty heavy rip-offs of Ju-On and might've been cooler when I was fourteen. Fear 3 is kinda silly.

Dead Space
Dead Space 1 is the closest you're going to get to System Shock 3. I believe that Dead Space 2 is the best of the series and worth a playthrough if you haven't played any of the series. Dead Space 3 goes the action route but features excellent co-op, weapon customization, and a really cool DLC chapter. I know I like DS3 more than most too. There's also an On-Rails shooter called Extraction (Wii, PS3) that's alright.

Alan Wake
Action Horror game produced by Max Payne creators Remedy. Interesting gimick to its combat but sort've bland third person combat. Goes on sale along with its DLC for cheap usually.

Siren
Siren isn't a classic but it's likely one of the scariest games I've ever played. Borrows from RE and SH while adding flavor of its own. Japanese villages are cursed by a blood rain that turns citizens into monsters very similar to the enemies from the more recent Evil Within game. There's a big focus on stealth and straying from combat altogether. You can currently play Siren: Blood Curse on PSNow.

-------
List threads are pretty garbage so I'd like to do something like the games you've beaten thread and challenge imps to pick a new or old horror game to play before October 31st! Or try convince other impzoners to play horror games you like. I'll make another post with newer horror games and the few I've selected to get through for October later. Happy October and play with the lights off!

Other Important Imp Zone Fall Threads

SOMA Thread
Fall Av thread

frank.club fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tarranon posted:

Seriously. Dead Space 1 is about as spooky as I can get, and that game gives you lots of ways to defend yourself. I've never been able to play through a fatal frame or silent hill, but thankfully I had a good big brother to play them for me when I was a kid.

I still like them a lot for some horrible reason. Which is why for Spooktober I will try to playyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHKBJG-w5Q

The Director's Cut!

The aesthetic draws heavily from silent hill, with scenarios that play on your perception of reality, hellish dimensions, and an atmosphere that focuses more on dread than pure horror. Gameplay wise it's a two dimensional survival horror game with more of an emphasis on survival. You start in your room and attempt to explore your surroundings every day. In addition to actually advancing the plot and avoiding monsters, you have to keep an eye on your food supplies, equipment, and sanity. It's a tough balancing act, on top of an already tough survival horror experience, and when I first started playing I got stressed out and quit. These kinds of games where you can easily back yourself into an inevitable game over have always been really frustrating for me. But that's why it's the perfect candidate for spooky game month, the perfect time to exorcise your personal demons and be the best gamer you can be.

Lone Survivor is good but I'd recommend getting through it in as near as one sitting as possible. If you forget what you're doing you're boned.

In Training posted:

I've never played a fatal frame game, maybe I'll do that this month before the new one

The Wii remake of 2 is excellent but kinda tough.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

My suggestion is play STALKER iron man style where you only shoot guns you picked up off the ground and you don't pick up ammo other than what's in the guns.

There's a new mod out called Call of Chernobyl that puts together every map from every STALKER game and let's you pick a faction to start as. Includes an iron man mode too

Lumpy the Cook posted:

OP you forgot to mention something important: do NOT purchase the Silent Hill HD Collection for PS3/360 because it isn't good.

I gave it a little line in the Silent Hill section
I also tried to keep that list to stuff I've actually played. The word of mouth was so bad on the SHHD collection that I never got it.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 4, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Modern Horror Games for the Season

There's been a lot of releases in the past few years of horror games. If you're looking for something to play this October try one of these!

Alien: Isolation(PS4,XBONE,STEAM)

This game is fantastic. You play as Amanda Ripley investigating a comms failure with the civilian station Svastapol. First Person survival horror that puts you against humans, androids, and the Xenomorph. This game is top to bottom excellent and pretty scary in many scenes. I've heard some complaints about its length, I have 30 hours into it total and about 15 were dedicated to beating the story mode initially. It never felt padded to me but some people didn't like that. If you haven't played it I'd recommend making this one of your games to beat.
:siren: Isolation has a ton of extra content DLC. Some are cool but extremely short (Nostromo) and some are actually kind of neat (the survive and gathering ones). If you liked the base game check out the latter if they're on sale!

Outlast(PS4, XBONE, STEAM/MACOS)

Outlast is a first person survival horror that is much like Amnesia in that you cannot attach the monsters and your 'light source' is limited to supplies you have to find. Where it differs is that this game adds a much more flowing movement and hiding system and this games version of the lantern, a camera with a nightvision mode, is used to great effect. It also does a good job of making recognizable and varied monsters for you to run from, though you'll still be hiding out from random nobodies often enough. Plot that goes stupid at the end and is pretty surprisingly graphic in a few spots.
:siren: Outlast got a story DLC, Whistleblower, that is just as good or better than the main game! If you beat Outlast think about picking that up!

The Evil Within(PS3,PS4,X360,XBONE, STEAM)

The Evil Within is a third person survival horror directed buy the dude who did Resident Evil 4(?). The game plays a lot like the first two hours of Resident Evil 4 but the whole game so I can see that. Excellent world design but there were some parts that were very frustrating to try and get through. That being said I felt this game is a little underrated and totally worth a look if you liked Resident Evil 4. I dunno how much this goes for any more but if it's around twenty dollars and you're interested you could do worse!
:siren:The Evil Within has DLC but I haven't played it!

Horror Games are too Scary for Me!
That's cool! It doesn't mean you can't enjoy a few scary games without having to jump into the deep end. Maybe a few of the following games will let you try something more intense.

Lone Survivor(STEAM)

Tarranon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHKBJG-w5Q

The Director's Cut!

The aesthetic draws heavily from silent hill, with scenarios that play on your perception of reality, hellish dimensions, and an atmosphere that focuses more on dread than pure horror. Gameplay wise it's a two dimensional survival horror game with more of an emphasis on survival. You start in your room and attempt to explore your surroundings every day. In addition to actually advancing the plot and avoiding monsters, you have to keep an eye on your food supplies, equipment, and sanity. It's a tough balancing act, on top of an already tough survival horror experience, and when I first started playing I got stressed out and quit. These kinds of games where you can easily back yourself into an inevitable game over have always been really frustrating for me. But that's why it's the perfect candidate for spooky game month, the perfect time to exorcise your personal demons and be the best gamer you can be.

Lone Survivor is a 2-D Silent Hill. My only gripe is that if you put the game down for any more than a week between play sessions you will forget what your objective was and the game will essentially become impossible to beat. Still recommended!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Series(STEAM)

STALKER is a series of three first person open world shooters that take place in the Chernobyl exclusion zone. They aren't strictly horror games but can for sure scratch that Spooktober itch. If you don't want to buy any of them right now you can play STALKER, LOST ALPHA which is :siren: completely free to to play :siren:! It's a remake of the first game in the third game's engine. If you own the third game (Call of Prypiat) then you can try out the new mod Call of Chernobyl which puts every map from all the games together in one game and let's you freeroam. There's a pretty big mod scene around all three games and you can usually pick them up for nothing in a bundle or for cheap on sale!

Metro: Series(STEAM, PS4, XBONE)

In the same vein as STALKER, it's basically a spiritual successor. However the gameplay is way way more refined and linear. Does atmosphere and tension almost perfectly. Metro: Last Light is one of the best first person shooters since Half Life 2, I'd say it's even better.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

Isn't very good or scary. But you might appreciate it if you aren't looking for more intense horror!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's okay to pause in scary games to recoup. Just don't leave the pause screen on in Fatal Frame too long!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was gonna rent it out of redbox but the one in Walmart was out.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Psychnaughts, properly modded Minecraft. A few walking simulator games like Anna, which is alright and maybe Ester if you're into that

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Soma is ftw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

theres a niche series of SNES games called 帰ります (Hepburn romanization: Goubak-Tsu) which is fairly light on the horror and is considered as a nice introduction to people less brave. Never released outside of japan but luckily a fan group recently translated the best entry Grand Battle Stand, so as your october play recommendation, i suggest Goubak-Tsu: GBS

Jesus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Made it to Lambda station in SOMA. This is a very good game if you liked Amnesia Dark Descent or horror games in general!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of people give MfP tons of flak but it's really not that bad. Easier than the first Amnesia for sure. People said the story and AI are bad too but I think even Amnesia had those issues. The difference was that DD had experienced people behind it.

I also like almost any horror game so for sure don't just take my opinion

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That game is both older than me and brutal as f*ck http://youtu.be/axqRgDkWXA0

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

that guy is mad that the avgn also has footage of wax works deaths on his channel

I'm mad I didn't post that one

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

an HD version of Pathologic is coming out this month with a real translation and graphical tweaks.

The devs also had a successful Kickstarter for a full remake of the game that's coming out later

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good call, the hd release isn't going to be priced that high either.

It's 3 weeks until Halloween! still time for good horror games

SOMA(PS4, PC) is the newest title from Frictional Games. you explore an undersea base filled with monsters and robots.

If you played and enjoyed Amnesia: The Dark Descent you should really really get SOMA. It approaches its story way clearer and way better than TDD does and it has differentiated and cool monster designs. Plus the non-violent npcs are neat and a few of the puzzles are engaging without being overly hard. the visuals are really cool too and it's obvious that Frictional spent a lot of time and effort to make this game the best it could be. I think it's great! This game is also way more streamlined than TDD, it doesn't have an inventory system and you don't have to keep your light source fueled (though I have noticed the light get a little dim if it's on too long, you can just flick it off and back on to fix that). There is something of a health system that is kind've of a detraction from the game for me but I could see how it's probably there as a concession to gamers that don't play a lot of horror titles like this. It's something you can kinda game to help you beat the game easier so I'll tag it getting hit by a monster causes your screen to go black, you wake up in the same spot with a fuzzier screen and a slightly reduced walk and run speed. You can 'fix' yourself by either completing some scripted events or by finding a health bulb. This is pretty easy to use to your advantage like if you need to use a chip on a door to proceed to an area but there's a monster in the hallway. You can just sprint to the door and if the monster hits you you're pretty much home free the second you regain control. If you played TDD or something else like Outlast you might find that you experience your first death several hours into the game or even not at all. Not to say the game is too easy because it isn't. you're given a lot more spaces to 'breathe' in. Something I think SOMA handles better than TDD does. In SOMA the majority of monster encounters are pretty unique to the area where in TDD you had the Butchers that were either scripted or could sometimes spawn, which kinda kills the tension if you know which is which. In SOMA the flow is clearer and these areas are obvious. Monster encounters are very clear cut and you don't have to worry about one spawning just because you read a book or something. Speaking of, SOMA hands out tons of optional lore stuff for you to read or listen to that's really great. You might guess story details correctly before they happen but the game still manages to be pretty engaging.

SOMA on the PS4 looks and plays great. highly recommend looking into this one if you're already interested in it

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 10, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I assumed it was the WAU but I could be wrong.

It has to be everyone else in the station is either a scan that hasn't been activated or uploaded into a robot. The WAU was probably looking for another puppet and found your scan and shoved it into a corpse without knowing that you'd gain sentience. It must've used some WAU goop too because you can heal from the WAU bulbs

Oh actually there's a little conversation that confirms that the WAU brings you back because it still maintains a directive to bring back humanity

Ending is crazy
Seriously one of the best horror games I've ever played

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 12, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

the new wii u fatal frame comes out next friday, which I might pick up.

I'm intensely jealous. I'm going to try the hardest difficulty of Isolation and Silent Hill 2.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i fuckin LOVE spooky games

i bought Parasite Eve sometime ago and never got around to playing it so now seems like a good time to give it a go, it's a spooky-ish game, right?

It's spooky and a well made RPG. Second one also holds up pretty well

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

*says a prayer for net cafe scandal*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

i havent played re ever

zero is the rebecca one right?

Yes. The gameplay isn't bad but it seems kinda like it had a rushed development. The RE1 remake for GameCube is excellent, the red skull zombies do a lot to make the game even more tense than it was on psx. It's really like a polished classic experience. Didn't know it was on PC

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

It has a few interesting spins on the classic RE formula but its just kind of a really boring game like not a lot happens in it

Its biggest problem I think is that its story isn't very clear. Mainly it's the fact that you don't even encounter the main antagonist, or even know who he is, until very late in the game. The level design was also clearly thrown together without much thought. If I remember right this is the game with the elevator that moves in impossible directions

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm doing Nightmare Isolation rn. I'm broadcasting it but I'm still in the opening area

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's fall in your animal crossing towns now guys

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Velthice posted:

vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines is $4.99 on steam right now. it's not really a horror game, but does have a few scary parts sprinkled in like forcing you to interact with homeless people. it's still an awesome game that everyone should play. it can be kinda buggy so get the unofficial patch

Also Steam is doing a 'stealth game sale' this week that has some good titles in it. I'm trying Betrayer, looks good for 2 dollars

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

I'm looking forward to the Fatal Frame.

Fatal Frame is the only game I've had to psyche myself up to play

In Training posted:

my favorite david bowie album is The Best of David Bowie. its all the classics on one compat disc. you cant go wrong.

My favorite is Ziggy Stardust

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good fall relaxing technique

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SH4 is very underrated imo. Have fun!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

has anybody else played siren: blood curse? because its good

It's great but takes some getting used to. Btw it's also terrifying! It's on PSNow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey it's Two Weeks until Halloween! I'm kinda sick but I hope everyone is enjoying spooky games!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

i need to finish dead space 2. ive gotten as far as the playschool full of exploding toddler zombies

That parts crazy but still earlier in. I recommend the saw blade weapon fit that section. They just throw themselves on. Keep an eye out for the babies
Remember that you can incapacitate a baby and use its body as an explosive.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Famous TV Dad posted:

Fatal frame comes out tomorrow :)

hey you should come back with a review!

:siren:It is 5 DAYS until Halloween!:siren:
i hope you got your costumes together!

I kind've struggled to come up with one more game to recommend that I hadn't already covered. But the current Capcom Humble Bundle has the first episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2 on the 1 dollar donation. It's an excellent resident evil, I'd say it's the best one since 4 by a mile!

Resident Evil RE2 is an episodic survival horror where the player can play as either Claire Redfield/Moria Burton or Barry Burton/Casandra . The game carries the 2 character idea from 4,5,6 but allows you to freely switch between the two characters at will (as long as you're playing single player). Two characters are also unique in their rolls, too. Claire and Barry are the main damage dealers and Moria/Casandra do their own special thing. Both can mark hidden objects (Cassandra can detect enemies through walls) and both are usually used to solve puzzles. Moria's flashlight can also be used to stun enemies and can open special boxes. It's surprisingly dynamic and tons of fun with a partner. Heads up they don't have a shared inventory so if you pick up ammo or something as Cassandra it'll be in her inventory and you'll have to move it over. It's pretty easy but the inventory menu doesn't pause the game (there's a button that allows you to quick use green herbs).
This game is just really really good! There's a few callbacks to RE1 and RE2, and canonically it takes place after RE5. But, it doesn't ever go into that overly action packed direction that RE5 and 6 get into. It plays a whole lot like a co-opable RE4. Its story outside of the mainline events is actually pretty good, too. It's not very serious but it has a great villain and continuity. Something that you do as Claire can effect the campaign for Barry, so optional things to make things easy for Claire will make things harder for Barry. That doesn't work in vice-versa as Barry shows up on the island after Claire does.
Like I said, this game is sort of like if they applied the controls RE6 into an RE4 design. There's tons of readable lore, collectables (blue plates and medals), and solid enemy designs. There are also some cool touches in how characters react and interact with each other. This also might be the first resident evil game since 4 to scare you, too.
The port runs pretty well too but the game defaults to like 800X600 and weird settings so you'll want to change that immediately. Also the PC version has some weird REnet if you want to play online that I haven't yet figured out. I don't think it's DRM because the game launches straight from steam, I think you might even be able to play it while it downloads other chapters.

The chapters may have turned you off away when this game first came out. Currently all the chapters are out along with a Raid Mode. Each individual chapter normally cost like 5 bucks and I think it's cheaper all together.

But the $1 level comes with a -50% coupon for the whole game! (brings it to 19.99)

The first chapter might take you around 2 hours to get through. So I'd highly recommend playing it on the dollar tier from the current bundle, which has other great games, and see if you want the whole game. If I can figure out the ReNet or whatever I'd be happy to co-op on steam!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's stopping you

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just in time for Halloween.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is DD gonna have some cool Halloween donut? There's one near me

If you work at that one hook me up when I come in

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

DD always has a cool Halloween donut, its unthinkable that they wouldn't.

Will investigate

Wormskull posted:

Hell if you go to one in Pinellas along the upper bay area chances are you'll eat a donut I helped make.

that's a lot more south than me. I'm sure your donuts are delicious

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*knuc voice* I'll take two

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dunken donuts secrets thread

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heads up to anyone playing Revelation 2 using a ps4 controller. Be sure to toggle touch pad off in the dsfix options as put the game into split screen mode if it sense the touch pad being used. Weirdly it takes input from the one controller and applies it to both screens. Annoying though as you have to exit the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

1. Silent Hill 2
2. Siren: Blood Curse
3. Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
4. Alien: Isolation
5. Resident Evil 2

what about you