Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ordered the season 2 DVDs! Now I just have to finish season 1 and avoid the siren call of Beetleborgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Giant Monster fight :allears:
Edit: DAMNIT NAGI STOP TRYING TO SHOOT ULTRAMAN.
Edit: ooh Nine looks a bit roughed up there (i`m sticking with the 9th doctor jokes till he says his name) -oh poo poo he couldn`t completly destroy the monster.
Edit: Jeeze that`s some good aim
Edit: ahhh good old Memory fuckery to uphold the masqureade :allears:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 4, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

M.Matsuda posted:

Edit: DAMNIT NAGI STOP TRYING TO SHOOT ULTRAMAN.

You're going to have a fun time watching Nexus. A very, very fun time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
TRYING to?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

TRYING to?

I should have said stop trying to shoot him Again.
Edit: Either way more stomach issues later i return to the episode.
Edit: And Komon learns that No, Mole-Man was Not joking.
Edit: Either way. Time for a monster fight :munch:
Edit: And there's Nine again. In the forest as usual
Edit: Oh thank god Komon and Nagi are going to hopefully Actually Talk to him.
Edit: GUN FIGHT GUN FIGHT , though i`m pretty sure Nagi`d win.
Edit: oh jeeze THree monsters
Edit: man whatever his transformation thingy is. it sure as heck makes a great gun. -ironic that i`ve been making Doctor Who jokes here. :munch:
Edit:And Komon`s in trouble again :allears:
Edit: at least he has a gun this time :allears:
Edit: Man it`s nice to see people shooting the Monsters. The Brigadier would be proud. :munch:
Edit: Another deadly virus huh. shame this is both an alt universe, the wrong franchise And 2004 or i could point you guys to some doctors.
Edit: i wish my screen capping abilties were better but Nine here is also quite handsome. :swoon: (Komon needs a different pair of bangs)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 4, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i tried watching nexus, but nagi being hysterical all the time and making bizarre, completely unfounded accusations while claiming it was logical because she was the one who said it was a bit much. i dunno about later on, but the early episodes feature her being awful a whole lot.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i tried watching nexus, but nagi being hysterical all the time and making bizarre, completely unfounded accusations while claiming it was logical because she was the one who said it was a bit much. i dunno about later on, but the early episodes feature her being awful a whole lot.

well at least i have Shiori and Riko for cuties well okay Just Shiori as far as i know

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Well uh

I don't know if you noticed

But Nagi being awful is kind of on purpose. Like, she's not supposed to be right. Nexus is not a black and white show. People make mistakes all over the place.

She shoots Ultraman. Repeatedly. She would have shot his human alter ego if she could have.

Though I will say, there is a VERY good reason she's the way she is.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Well uh

I don't know if you noticed

But Nagi being awful is kind of on purpose. Like, she's not supposed to be right. Nexus is not a black and white show. People make mistakes all over the place.

She shoots Ultraman. Repeatedly. She would have shot his human alter ego if she could have.

Though I will say, there is a VERY good reason she's the way she is.

She also in my watching LITERALLY just tried to shoot Nine, and was stopped by HIM remembering how many bullets she had :allears: i am going to be so sad when he dies
Edit: :master: :perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gII-ghI2_8k

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 4, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like yeah, Nagi is being unreasonable and kind of awful early on.

That's the point. She's being unreasonable and kind of awful. Stick with it and you'll see why.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And after Basking in that moment i return to the episode itself. and Komon it could be worse. you could live in the JJBA universe and have to deal with Stand users.
Edit: Oh Komon you poor bastard
Edit: Oh Jeeze :stare: Monster time.
Edit: OH JEEZE :stonk:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 4, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

M.Matsuda posted:

And after Basking in that moment i return to the episode itself. and Komon it could be worse. you could live in the JJBA universe and have to deal with Stand users.

STAND NAME: EIYUU
STAND MASTER: HIMEYA JUN

Also this week's Kyuranger, holy moly. Our team proves to be incredibly idiotic, why would you believe the villain telling you you need to really hurt your brainwashed friend?! You're in a Sentai, everything's fixed by really hurting the enemy! Still, I felt super sad for Balance the whole way through, especially when he took his own attack as an act of friendship.

I also care far more about this plot than whatever happened in the past so I'm not happy next ep will focus on that again. I couldn't care less about Tsurugi or his history, while I don't think I could care more about Balance and Naga. They're the best part of this show.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

STAND NAME: EIYUU
STAND MASTER: HIMEYA JUN

Also this week's Kyuranger, holy moly. Our team proves to be incredibly idiotic, why would you believe the villain telling you you need to really hurt your brainwashed friend?! You're in a Sentai, everything's fixed by really hurting the enemy! Still, I felt super sad for Balance the whole way through, especially when he took his own attack as an act of friendship.

I also care far more about this plot than whatever happened in the past so I'm not happy next ep will focus on that again. I couldn't care less about Tsurugi or his history, while I don't think I could care more about Balance and Naga. They're the best part of this show.

:allears: Thank you.
Literally half of the reason i want to watch Kyuuranger is for Balance and Naga. the other half is the Opening song being Really good
Edit: CLIFFHANGER'D, ONTO EPISODE 4.
Edit: :stonk: :magical:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 4, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Someone call Toei because I had the best idea for a marketing tie-in opportunity.

Kamen Rider Build....A Bear.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And so far in my watching of Nexus my least favorite dude is Kirasawa. For being creepy while he does his job.
Edit: 47 JESUS CHRIST :magical:
Edit: Oh greaaat Kirasawa might be Psyhic too
Edit: Look at it this way Komon. last defense means Nagi won't be shooting you.
Edit: and then in this flashback we see a dude turning into a monster. a dude who i Literally thought was Nine. (I am bad at sillouettes)
Edit: :cripes: Komon, Komon no. this isn't Kamen Rider. DO NOT MAKE NAGI SHOOT YOU AGAIN. SHE MIGHT HAVE BULLETS THIS TIME.
Edit: Clearly i used my Leather Mcangst joke too early because jesus christ Nagi :allears:
Edit: Did Ultraman Attack people in the Prequel Movie or something because uh HE LITERALLY SAVED THE HOSTAGES, AND HELPED YOU FIGHT THE MONSTER. DESPITE NAGI SHOOTING HIM IN THE ARM.
Edit: WAIT RIKO ACTUALLY HAS A FAMILY. -oh boy this won't end well for these people will it :suspense: Also ..you haven't seen him in awhile but you think he's doing fine.
...man i miss my ex boyfriend.:smith: (he isn't dead. he just hasn't messaged me in months so :smith: we dated for ten years. since Middle school, Long distance through Highschool. and i watched a lot of things with him so it hurts you know)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 4, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Continuing my viewing of Ex-Aid, I'm up to episode 22. I'm about eight minutes in and I only have one thing to say:

TAIGA YOU DUMBASS DON'T TELL KUROTO THAT YOU'RE GETTING A NEW GASHAT TO BEAT HIM WITH. :argh:

EDIT: Ahaha wait a minute are you seriously going to tell me that the entire plot of this show got started because young Kuroto got pissy over fanmail and lovely drawings from young Emu? That's so ridiculous it loops back around to being amazing. :allears:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 4, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

AT LEAST ULTRAMAN IS HERE :qq:
Edit: what the gently caress is happening:
Edit: And then Komon was in an alternate dimmesion i guess. :shrug: :munch:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 4, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Dexie posted:

EDIT: Ahaha wait a minute are you seriously going to tell me that the entire plot of this show got started because young Kuroto got pissy over fanmail and lovely drawings from young Emu? That's so ridiculous it loops back around to being amazing. :allears:

This is Exactly what happened, and it is Entirely glorious :allears:
Edit: Meanwhile in Nexus: You and me both buddy.
Edit: And then Ultraman Summoned a Tornando :allears:
Edit: Indeed it was Komon. indeed it was.

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 4, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait til you learn what that place is!

Also, yeah uh, I don't say stuff like this often but

Nexus is a feels train

There are no tickets to get on board. You just get on the tracks and brace for impact.

Also of course Riko has a family. She loves drawing families of animals for a reason you know. She's great. And if you haven't noticed, I'll point it out- No one recognizes what Ultraman is, despite the movie that is set some time before the series. Komon picks the name Ultraman out of his head like it was a memory but he doesn't know why

This is a plot point for later.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dexie posted:

It's an easier out than trying to invent a game-type for Parado's origins. :D

Honestly for a long time I thought he was from Perfect Puzzle and "M" was Knockout Fighter. But then you had a character from a dance game transform with the help of a dating sim and nothing makes sense anymore.

EDIT: I also love how the combined form has to be called "Perfect Knockout" because Puzzle Fighter is a Capcom trademark.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 4, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Wait til you learn what that place is!

Also, yeah uh, I don't say stuff like this often but

Nexus is a feels train

There are no tickets to get on board. You just get on the tracks and brace for impact.

Also of course Riko has a family. She loves drawing families of animals for a reason you know. She's great. And if you haven't noticed, I'll point it out- No one recognizes what Ultraman is, despite the movie that is set some time before the series. Komon picks the name Ultraman out of his head like it was a memory but he doesn't know why

This is a plot point for later.

Oh No. :magical:
i assume everyone forgot the events of the movie due to memory fuckery
And well i watched Liveman,JJBA, and tried Gaim for my first Ever Kamen rider. and i was expecting pain. i can..Probably Handle Nexus. ..hopefully.
i just wasn't expecting to be reminded of my Only romantic relationship. :smith:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 4, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Emu you IDIOT why didn't you confiscate his Buggle Driver when you took him to CR?!

EDIT: Well, the episode ends and everyone is hosed. gg no re, Rider team.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 4, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Dexie posted:

Emu you IDIOT why didn't you confiscate his Buggle Driver when you took him to CR?!

if this is about Dan, the meme is Dan SHOVED it up his rear end
And in Nexus: Boy that certainly happened :munch:
Edit: Dude i don't care what you call it. i'm calling it the Fight Dimension
Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5fGz2mW0A if the video ever gets taken down. or Youtube in the future stops being a thing: Video is the Song: Men in black.
Edit:And that was the end of the episode. using phones is new though.
Edit: oh jesus christ :smith: i am Not ready for the feels in later episodes at all, especially if i'm hit this hard with spoilers by what little i just found out, Out of context from looking up the show. :smithicide: Still i will press on. into the land of feels. (also there needs to be a sadder version of :smith: Without suicide).

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 4, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Build fuckin ruled, y'all. Haven't been this enraptured by a Toku series since W.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Craptacular! posted:

Honestly for a long time I thought he was from Perfect Puzzle and "M" was Knockout Fighter. But then you had a character from a dance game transform with the help of a dating sim and nothing makes sense anymore.

Check the art for Toki Meki Crisis. Also the voice.

It isn't random. Toki Meki Crisis is a DoReMiFa Beat spinoff. Poppy is still a character in it, likely the most important (for advertisement) girl you can date.

Also Emu beats her by making her realize she isn't a monster and that she wants to play games with other people, in other words, Emu beats her by making her happy. That makes no sense with DoReMiFa Beat, a rhythm game. The Game Clear was for Toki Meki Crisis.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Alright one break later. and i return to episode 5. Here we go.
And Welp:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/OZCLive/status/904458724978262016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Check the art for Toki Meki Crisis. Also the voice.

It isn't random. Toki Meki Crisis is a DoReMiFa Beat spinoff. Poppy is still a character in it, likely the most important (for advertisement) girl you can date.

Also Emu beats her by making her realize she isn't a monster and that she wants to play games with other people, in other words, Emu beats her by making her happy. That makes no sense with DoReMiFa Beat, a rhythm game. The Game Clear was for Toki Meki Crisis.
It just occurred to me that if Genm made a spinoff like that, then it must have been because Poppy was a popular character. Which is a little creepy for her, I'm sure, but also kind of :3:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Juding from those sound effects during Nine's-i'm sorry Himeya's Offscreen flashbacks. whatever happened cannot have ended well. :smith:
Edit: And Komon says what i`ve been thinking

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 4, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's a few war crimes to witness?

It's not like that could leave lasting PTSD

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

What's a few war crimes to witness?

It's not like that could leave lasting PTSD

:negative:

also Nagi I`m Pretty sure this is not Mutually exclusive from him being on your side. come on girl. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE SO PRETTY. :negative:
Edit: Also someone clearly needs to go interview Ultraman Lois Lane style.
Edit: dude do not tempt her. SHE LITERALLY WOULD HAVE SHOT HIMEYA IF SHE`D HAD BULLETS

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 4, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The deepest gummy lore.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And in Nexus it`s Monster time again :stare:
Edit: :cripes: and they just got ordered to attack Ultraman
Edit: Oh Good Nagi's in the same aircraft as Komon :allears:
Edit: :magical: :stonk: THEY SHOT HIM MID JUMP IN AIR. gently caress HE HAD LIGHT COME OUT OF HIM.
Edit: STOP ATTACKING ULTRAMAN. HE IS TRYING TO HELP YOU MORONS :qq:
Edit: WELL YEAH HE DISAPEARED. YOU SHOT HIM LIKE 10 TIMES :qq: HE HAS TO GO RECOVER.
Edit: Komon. i'm pretty sure she's going to shoot Ultraman again. :cripes:
Edit: Aw jeeze Poor Himeya, this is not his day.
Edit: okay Komon. just keep Nagi from shooting him. Without standing in front of her. Or getting shot by her. this is going to be :mediocre: on his part isn't it. good luck Komon. Just good luck :cripes:
Edit: Okay points for Hitting her in the arm. :allears:
Edit: JESUS CHRIST CLIFFHANGERS :magical:
Edit: Onto Episode Six. Relic. :suspense:
Edit: oh thank jesus he summoned a shield
Edit: :ughh: why would you Touch it Komon
Edit: and suddenly PTSD flashbacks
Edit: Komon. those were full on visual flashbacks. i think Emotions is Understating it. :munch:
Edit: :smith: also legit good job on detectiving Komon :unsmith:
Edit: I miss Emu. i'm pretty sure at least he would understand why taking pictures of people getting shot In a War zone,pictures that Included a child. would make you quit that job. :sigh:
Edit: Aw hell the feels are here :smith:
Edit: :gonk:
Edit: DAMNIT MAN CONNECT THE DOTS.
Edit: AND FROM HEARTWRENCHING BACKSTORY I`M BITCHSLAPPED INTO MONSTER TIME
Edit: Poor Himeya :(, and that's all i've got from this episode.

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 4, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jun is great

Jun is one of my favorite Toku heroes because

Jesus Christ. Just, all the poo poo he's been through. All the poo poo he GOES through.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Jun is great

Jun is one of my favorite Toku heroes because

Jesus Christ. Just, all the poo poo he's been through. All the poo poo he GOES through.

JUN IS THE BEST AND I JUST :cry: HE DESERVED A LESS HEART WRENCHING SERIES TO BE IN. (He can keep his backstory but he deserves a better Present day)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
You know, I hoping the Avex ban from earlier in the year doesn't keep me from being able to get Build's OP album. CDJapan at a glance has Ex-Aid's restricted and it going to be hard to find another place that would sell it that wouldn't also be covered by it.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

mateo360 posted:

You know, I hoping the Avex ban from earlier in the year doesn't keep me from being able to get Build's OP album. CDJapan at a glance has Ex-Aid's restricted and it going to be hard to find another place that would sell it that wouldn't also be covered by it.

I bought the Ex-Aid vocal tracks CD off Amazon.co.jp fine, so that might be an option?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Does anyone have a link to the sound effects from recent Toku shows? Belt noises, etc.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Motto posted:

Based on the CM it looks like a 3D team fighter in the vein of stuff like Gundam VS or Dissidia.

I just hope it controls better than the Gundam VS games do

Agreed, I'm amazed at how great these keep being(anyone know if these only started back during Gaim or if they are older than that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked everything about build's first episode except for the stupid little bottle things. i hope the thing where he shakes them before doing anything doesn't last.

• Locked thread