Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

gourdcaptain posted:

He still wrote almost all of the astoundingly awful early Heisei Rider movies though.

Did he write the Agito movies? I mostly liked the Agito series, but I watched the first movie and Project G4 recently and while the latter had good moments, both were so outstandingly slow. I'd forgotten how different early Heisei Rider is from what we have today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

1. The quality of the show itself. Neo-Saban Power Rangers is homogenized, samey, bland, and just plain boring. There's nothing setting each season apart except for the costumes and it's just uninteresting.
2. The Nick-mandated mid-season hiatus. Every time this happens, the viewership drops like a rock and never fully recovers, which leads one to wonder why the gently caress Nick is still making them do it.

These two together have to be doing some serious damage. I hated the poo poo out of Super Megaforce, but I tried to watch it if just for the Gokaiger footage and I ultimately never finished it because while I can tolerate watching a poo poo show week to week, I am not going to try and keep track of it when it disappears for months at a time for no discernable reason. Was there ever a reason given for the hiatus? Doesn't it end up getting shown ahead of time anyway in France or Spain?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Calling Nico incompetent is kind of weird when she managed to beat a lot of powered-up Bugsters with the shittiest tech in the series. As a Ride-Player, which again, is literally the shittiest form in-series to the point that it seems to be made specifically to get its users killed (and Parad sure took advantage of this), she managed to be far more competent and skilled than, say, Brave Lv5. And she managed to keep her life when every other Ride-Player either abandoned, had to get saved, or just died, putting her above Kuroto (who has died over a hundred times) in terms of survival.
Hey gently caress you buddy, Dan Kuroto God has only died ninety-eight times and he died (mostly, kind of?) to save the world so back off with that slander.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even if we only count the 98 lives lost before the Reset, he still died as a human, so that's 99. And he got several lives back from Masamune's Reset, which pushes it over a hundred (though I can't give an exact number, I don't remember how many lives he lost before it).

That he's still living after dying so much and still the best is only more proof about his godly talents, of course. I, too, believe in Neo Dan "Dangerous Zombie" Kuroto God.
He's down to 2 now, so I was counting 1 + 97. But you are absolutely right, I completely forgot about the Reset, which pushes it well over one hundred. And here I thought I was defending God, while I was in fact underestimating him. I shall have to work harder to redeem myself in His Eyes.

However, I did previously look at his Wiki to see if I could find an exact number. I could not, but man is that thing a gift. Not only do they try to fit every single special/cameo into his story outline, but there is a segment titled "Murdering Burgermon" which I think has to raise the canon of Ex-Aid yet higher in the pantheon of greatness.

Blaze Dragon posted:

That can be a heavily customized Cronus. I won't complain about it, the Cronus suit would look really cute with decals and the bag. Not sure how you'd get the hat on though...

Now I don't want anything but Cronus wearing the backpack and hat.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Does the RevolGarry count as a bike? Between the three Boilders and the Garry (plus Accel/Trial) there was a lot of bike in Double, even if it was rarely major. Though I guess if we're counting non-bikes, nothing is going to beat Drive.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Caphi posted:

I'm so
EXCITE EXCITE
for Kuroto
EXCITE EXCITE
he's the greatest
ONE
he's got a genius mind
TWO
the talent of a god
THREE
he is the greatest boy

:perfect:

What a great opening too, I was so happy when the animation finally came back. It looks like we're getting that dark rider line-up for real in the finale too, which is all kinds of hype.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I tried watching the show with a friend and he loved the Genm special with the Namco gashats more than anything until SHIN Kuroto appeared.

It led to a discussion about a potential Dark Souls gashat.

A Gashat that you activate and then die almost immediately due to your own failure to adapt? I believe we saw that in Episode 12.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

I was so incredibly disappointed when I realized that wasn't happening.

That would have been a great way to get Snipe up to everyone else's level. But oh man what an absolute clusterfuck that design would have been. Demon King Battle Ship... If any show could do it, it would've been Ex-Aid. Maybe in the V-Cinemas!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is the best thing, oh my god. Bless, Supaidaman.

Also n-thing the enjoyment of the ExAid Play By Play, what a great series.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That is a good place to pick up on, and it is both sad and amusing (if you were previously watching it in real time previously) that you stopped where you did.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Eponymous posted:

And I am done with Ex-Aid, just in time. It's by no means perfect, but that was some high-quality Toku. It probably says something that this is one of the few Kamen Rider series I actually think should've lasted longer.

Same here. It's almost a shame that Ghost got to spin its wheels as long as it did while ExAid basically started and resolved a pandemic in one episode. That said I will always take fast paced and entertaining over the alternatives.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Motto posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping that Parad and Poppy's movie is at least a little about helping other Bugsters be chill with humanity.

I hope so too, that would be cute in a Zyuohger ending kind of way.

I forget the exact details, but what exactly would happen to the Complete Bugsters if their infected hosts are revived and cured? Poppy -> Dan's Mother and Graphite -> Saki are the only examples, IIRC. If those two are revived and cured of their Game Virus, do we lose the Bugsters too, or are they completely independant beings now?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't think they'd be cured of their virus, because like Dan and Kiriya they'd basically BE bugsters now.

Emu mentioned at the end that he wants to find a way to bring everyone back and cure them though, including Dan Kuroto and Kujo Kiriya, so I assume he meant a method that isn't bringing them back as Bugsters. I don't know if that'll happen in any of the movies, I'm just curious about if those Bugsters links to their original hosts will mean anything if the host is revived and fully cured.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

The forms are based on the Gashat and not the user, so that'd just have Taiga become Ex-Aid, rather than creating a pink Snipe or something. Which is a pretty hilarious look, honestly.

Yeah, this is why every upgrade Gashat page has like a hundred pictures of what each base Rider would look like using it via the toys. So if you really want to see Ex-Aid using Bang Bang Simulations, you can make that happen.

EDIT: I am truly grateful that Bang Bang Simulations is something I can google at work without getting horrendous results.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fourze was my first, but the beginning of it was so good that I watched W and OOO during it's run.

It kills me though because I didn't start with Toku until Gokaiger but I distinctly remember seeing threads on this forum for Decade and then W and giving them cursory looks but I didn't watch them. Such regrets, it would have been so cool to watch those in real time here on the forums.

Was anyone here around and posting in those threads back then? What was it like? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i liked everything about build's first episode except for the stupid little bottle things. i hope the thing where he shakes them before doing anything doesn't last.

I imagine it'll go the way of Level 1 in ExAid or the double calling of names in ToQger, phased out early on and only brought up when plot relevant like the former or cut for time/kind of annoying like the latter.

• Locked thread