Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

W, OOO, and Fourze will always have the loose thread that is Foundation X hanging over their heads because Toei dropped the metaplot entirely. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

W's ending is extremely good, but it still bothers me that Foundation X just kind of fell by the wayside.

Like, I would have be happen with even just a throwaway line about how Yggdrasil was part of the Foundation or that the Foundation was involved with the eclipse ritual. Just something to show that they're still doing stuff and not just doing nothing because Toei forgot them.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

He wasn't the last guy. He was a Foundation scientist that went rogue.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

He's right though. :colbert:

And he may have been a lunatic weirdo but at least he never killed an elephant in an attempt to make Edison look bad. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If you think that's bad, wait until the episode later on that ties into the Gaim movie.

I hope you like soccer!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I finally started watching Daimajin Kanon, after having it sitting on my hard drive for years.

This is a fun and neat show.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, according to sound files hacked out of the Ghost Driver, one of the souls is Ishinomori so there's that to look forward to.

Doesn't mean there's going to be an Ishinomori Eyecon in the series though. Driver toys always have weird/extra sounds like that in them.

I think it was Fourze's belt that had a sound effect for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY switch?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Good. The 3 act movies are all completely poo poo.

Megamax. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's the OOO movie, right?

So Ghost lifted a scene straight out of the OOO movie.

Fantastic. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I tapped out of Ninninger pretty early on, but...

http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds-other-blog/tsubasa-ozumagiyellow-to-appear-in-ninninger

poo poo. I guess I'll be watching in November.

Magiranger is my favorite sentai so I'm kind of hyped about this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Akiko was really annoying to me for the first couple episodes but she grew on me fast and had some really good moments throughout the series.

Her role in Movie Wars Core was pretty awful but honestly most of Movie Wars Core was pretty awful.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Skull was the sole redeeming factor of both of those movies.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Let's not forget the most infamous thing Inoue has ever written, the Kamen Rider Faiz novel.

AKA the in-canon novel where the lead female of the series gets violently raped.

Because, you know, that's what kids who are fans of Kamen Rider want to see.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's true. But I take points off for the forms just being palette swaps. Not even interesting ones, like Fourze's are (Cosmic nonwithstanding), just single-color swaps.

They're not palette swaps though? The helmet and chest gets changed for each one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

At one point Tsukasa shows up and everybody refers to him as "Decade Ichigo" as though it was always a thing.

I need this to happen. Someone get Toei on the line.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hey anyone still collecting Ranger Keys?

http://p-bandai.jp/gashadepa/item-1000100840/

:v:

EDIT: Pretty good timing with the recent Space Sheriff talk in here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Magiranger is my favorite sentai and MagiShine is the best sixth ranger. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/11/18/14870/

Hey Japan. Don't screw this up. Please vote for Marika and Bravo. :)

(How are the Gaim Gaidens anyway? Worth watching?)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, this week's Ghost was pretty drat good. :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

FortMax posted:

I call bullshit on Yellow Lion being the name. Toei used that in Liveman. (Also, they haven't used something other than [shared name] [color] or [color] [shared name] for the core group since Dairanger.

ToQger?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm getting a real Minecraft vibe from this robot and I'm not sure if that's intentional. I don't know how popular Minecraft is in Japan. Probably not very, being a PC game.

I would assume it has a strong fanbase in Japan, given that Dragon Quest has a Minecraft-esque spinoff now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

LightningKimba posted:

Out of wonder, what ARE the best suit designs sentai had?

Magiranger are my favorite because capes and because I'm completely biased in favor of Magiranger.

Gokaiger's suits are really nice looking.

Go-Busters' work extremely well for the theme and look great.

Like Burkion said, Zyuranger's are classic, and I like that the other dino sentai reference the Zyuranger costumes in their own costumes.

I REALLY like Ohranger's outfits, the gold and white looks nice.

Dekranger's costumes are really cool looking and actually look like uniforms to me which fits the police theme.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ghost was pretty good this week and we finally have some PLOT happening for the villains.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It feels weird as gently caress to watch this week's episode of Ghost and see one of the temple mooks wearing a North Carolina State Wolfpack jacket. :stare:

This week's episode is good though. Ghost is good and getting better and better with each episode.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I wouldn't call most of the Heroic Eyecons 'heroes', honestly.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wait, Grateful isn't his final form?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know they have the formula, but...eh. Grateful really comes across as final form-esque to me. I mean, it apparently lets him use the power of all fifteen Eyecons, which makes it really similar to Fourze and Gaim's final forms.

Then again, Wizard had All-Dragon as his mid-season thing, so there's that, I guess.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Concerning Badteeth: He's not coming back. Toei put up the pictures of him receiving the flowers that actors always get when they're done filming their final episode of a show.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Should I catch up on ghost?
Yes. It's only ten episodes, and there's some good moments in those ten.

It started off kind of ehh, but it really is a show that's gotten better with each episode.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Not just you, it definitely was! I was thinking that they were going to pull a Cid on Javel there when they took out Newton.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

WHAT

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I knew that much, but I didn't realize they were going to be actual furries. :catstare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

so are we callin it furryranger or yiffranger

Furry Sentai Minecraftger.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJQScUya8Q

:swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I have been enjoying Ghost. It had a slow start, but it's really picked up the past few episodes. It's a good show! It's not GREAT, but it's good!

That being said, this week's episode has me feeling salty as hell because come on guys, resetting the clock on Takeru's time limit? Really? That's pretty freaking dumb.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I can't wait to see if the glasses actually do anything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

11 is a drat good piece of toku in general.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

He's a thing. He's supposedly getting a movie called 'Super Hero Year: Kamen Rider #1.'

Oh yeah, since next year is the 40th for sentai and the 45th for Kamen Rider, they've declared next year to be Super Hero Year.

Should be a fun time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tae posted:

Gokaiger finale is a good fight

That's such a one sided fight and I love it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the Legend War and the fight from the Fourze movie where they used every Switch and Wizard was there and it was okay because his series hadn't started yet and he was still cool.

Most Rider movie fights these days tend to be pretty awesome because they all have that scene where the main Rider just unloads all of his powers one at a time.

Double unloading everything onto Eternal was great. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I liked him. :shrug: His movie wasn't as good as Accel's (though few things are), but I still enjoyed it.

• Locked thread