Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Justin_Brett posted:

There still might be Gobusters stuff in Dino Charge, the season finale seems like it went off the rails pretty bad.

In what way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

At least the Dragon Quest episode was good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ghost is really cool and awesome and Houdini Soul is pretty drat rad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm glad I checked out of Ninninger early.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure there's some east Asian minority group that has dreadlocks or a dreadlock like hairstyle. If not, who gives a gently caress? Dreadlocks aren't a style that belongs to a single culture/region.

No see it's cultural appropriation and that's bad because

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

gently caress Ninninger, watch Ghost instead.

Necrom's debut was pretty radical. They're doing some cool things with him. :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

YES SIR

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.avclub.com/article/elizabeth-banks-play-rita-repulsa-power-rangers-mo-231628

Huh.

I didn't realize this movie was still a thing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yes, actually. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hopefully that means it'll be at least decent and that Saban is going to put actual effort into it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Serperoth posted:

Ohsugi's only casting direction being "Looking for Steve Buscemi-type".

How do you do, fellow Riders?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Didn't that also involve the head cheerleader updating her Tumblr and the Cancer guy having literal cancer?

Kengo had the cancer, I think.

EDIT: Nope. You're right.

Absolutely beautiful. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://sentairangers.com/2013/03/exclusive-switch-on-kamen-rider-fourze-to-come-to-america-as-power-rider-apollo/

:v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waaait a minute.

Akared was in Ninnin?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ghost was kind of boring this week until Aran used the Nekrom Eyecon to posess Spectre and from there the whole episode suddenly got good.

If I have one hope right now, it's that Akari and Igor get to be SCIENCE rivals, and that Akari gets to legit try to one-up him and help fight against him with her own SCIENCE abilities.

Probably won't happen, but one can dream, yeah?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Has Ghost gotten really as bad to be compared to Wizard? Fourze and Drive were both pretty good, though, I agree.

Where did you stop at? Ghost really started to pick up once the Spectee arc started, and while it's not GREAT right now, it's certainly solid, and still has its awesome moments.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Elfgames posted:

name anything exceptional about fourze outside of gentaro

POWAH

DIZER

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Meteor has the best belt voice though, so he has that going for him.

Plus, you know, he punches people with the planets.

Meteor rules.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

METEOR, READY? *ridiculous disco music plays*

I wasn't really into Ryusei's poorly paced arc or the non-reason for keeping up his secret agent act, but man, his suit design, weapon system, belt voice, everything. His shenanigans after he finally revealed himself to the KRC crew were hilarious too.

Excuse me, but according to the Kamen Rider Wiki, his disco music is not ridiculous.

Get it right. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm a Pisces. :smuggo:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zyuohger was loving amazing and oh my goodness I need more of it in my life. :swoon:

Also correct me if I'm wrong but the bulk of background Zyumans were wearing that loving horse mask that's become so popular in recent years, right? Or am I just crazy?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

I will never again be surprised by "unusual" toku tastes. Not after I heard somebody defend Decade and say they didn't like W because it was too "self-important".

What does that even mean?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I love this stupid show so much you guys. :allears:

This week's episode was absolutely perfect.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

I'm 90% sure the narrator for the opening/title cards is the guy who voices Brook in One Piece. :yohoho:

I guess since half the cast of One Piece has been/is out of the picture for a while he's gotta find something else to do. :v:

He is.

And the leader of the bad guys is Kakashi from Naruto and Kars from Jojo. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm wondering if there's going to be a sort of theme between the monsters or generals. Kyoryuger was apparently super layered in the amount of themes that the generals had with each other (suits of cards, the Wizard of Oz, and currencies to name a few). Kamen Rider does it more since there's fewer monsters in the series overall, but it's neat to see that in Sentai.

Currencies? I haven't heard that one. Can you explain?

Zyuohger's villians seems to be two main things right now: Video games is the overarching theme, but at least three of the bad guys are also based on minerals.

Then you have their mooks who are amoebas?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Luckyuro: Euro
Candelira: Lira
Dogold: Gold
Aigaron: Galleon
Endolf: En/Yen

MOTHERFUCKER.

I should have caught that. :bang:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

HERE WE GO

COUNT ZERO

KAMEN RIDER AGITO~

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

gourdcaptain posted:

Shin just wants to be beloved by children, is that too much to ask? :P Shin is one of my favorite Rider movies for all the wrong reasons - the gloriously incomprehensible speech from the one crazy scientist about how grasshoppers are a true nation of telepathic warriors who will one day overthrow God never fails to make me laugh.

I think I need to see Shin. :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Foundation X being dropped still really upsets me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/05/power-rangers-movie-suits-revealed/

I...huh. Not sure what to think here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Likewise, Double's cameo in the OOO/Den-O crossover thing was the best 30 seconds of that movie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hi yes I heard we were complaining about Foundation X again.

Biggest dropped ball ever. They were setting it up so well and then just...nothing! :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

V-Men posted:

Was Foundation X even in Wizard?

Nope. They last appeared in Fourze.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

OOO through Fourze have taken place in the same vaguely defined universe, but there hasn't been any concrete continuity since then.

It's W through Wizard.

Then things get weird.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Overall it just feels that the mecha aspects to Go-Busters and Gokaiger were complete afterthoughts during development and writing to an extent not seen since Dairanger(and at least the ones from Dairanger look good), same with any of the multi mech combinations from Shikenger

You mean Go-Busters, where they went out of their way to make the mecha actually important to the series and not just something that shows up for two minutes at the end of every episode?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also spending a lot of stuff to have simultaneous Giant robot and on the ground fights and do a lot unique camera work and shots just for the robot, like the buzzsaw zord cutting a big hole in the Ace's cockpit and the sun light streaming in.

It was the first Sentai to use outside sets for the robot fights too, wasn't it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Those are literally the only distinct elements of the classic suit though you dolt

In the interest of actual discussion, how would you folks who don't like the suits redesign them for a modern reboot movie

I would just use these exactly as is:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm down for W Returns: Shroud.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Fourze is a great series that unfortunately has a few missteps along the way.

It's worth watching for Gentarou alone because he's such a fantastic main character. He's definitely one of my all-time favorite Riders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Oh good god Linkara decided to do History of Power Rangers on Gokaiger kill me

Wait Linkara actually got off his high horse and decided to watch a Sentai?

One second, I need to call Satan (who is the Devil) and ask what the temperature in hell is like...

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, I'm going to echo the sentiments about Wizard. Wizard is bad and boring, so skip it. I really liked Gaim, but it stumbles over its end. Drive is really good and for me, on par with Double.

Wizard is bad and awful and a waste of great potential, but it's at least worth watching the very first episode and maybe Beast's debut, just to get an idea of what the show set up before completely throwing it away.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 27, 2016

• Locked thread