Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tokusatsu is toy commercials featuring dudes in spandex hitting other dudes in rubber monster suits and smashing the gently caress out of plastic furniture and there's sparks and explosions and giant robots and its great. The two main things that this thread is gonna be concerned with are Kamen Rider, which is karate *men on motorcycles hitting rubber monsters, and Super Sentai. You remember Power Rangers? That's Super Sentai. Kamen Rider is the superior franchise, as it has motorcycles fairly regularly. I guess you could talk about Ultraman and whatnot too but enjoy being a loser nerd. Also there's Garo but there's only three seasons of Garo and two of some other bullshit.

There's a metric shitload of this poo poo! Some of it has been subbed, a portion of it competently even, a lot of it has not, a handful of shows have even been released in the west on dvd. I'm going to make a list of shows that are subbed/being subbed and who's doing them, as well as the ones that are on dvd (this is going to be edited in as I do it because it's a big list). The two current series are Kamen Rider Ghost, about a boy and his magic hoodies, and Nininger, which is about some ninja who are on fire? I don't know the first episodes were real bad so I stopped watching it.

Also, TVN is poo poo. They are bad at translating, they are bad at encoding, everything they do is awful in every single way, please do not defend TVN in this thread or offer them as a viable alternative or I will call the police. Thank you for your consideration.

SPACE RESERVED FOR PICTURES AND SICK BURNS ABOUT DECADE AND TVN

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
POST RESERVED FOR THE BIG OL LIST OF NERD poo poo ABOUT DUDES PUNCHING EACH OTHER

This is a list of shows that are being subtitled currently or have been completely subbed already, as well as shows that are on dvd in the west, as well as the groups behind them. If I miss anything, please let me know, especially with Sentai. Thanks in advance. Also, I will be adding links to download/buy poo poo, once the list is actually in place. Most of the links will be to torrents, reminder that most if not all of this is also going to be on KRDL.info if you prefer DDL to torrents, and that some sub groups use Mega as well. I'm not linking TVN here for the same reason I don't dump big piles of poop on my table

Kamen Rider
Kamen Rider - KIT Subs (this is stalled because Jeeg spent the last year working on Drive and now on Ghost)
Kamen Rider V3 - DVD
Kamen Rider X - ????
Kamen Rider Amazon - Hi No Tori COMPLETE
Kamen Rider Stronger - Midnight Crew Subs/KIT Subs COMPLETE
Kamen Rider (Skyrider) - KIT Subs (stalled, see above re Kamen Rider)
Kamen Rider Super-1 - KIT Subs (take a guess)
Kamen Rider Black - Century Kings COMPLETE, ask Burkion for his viewing guide
Kamen Rider Black RX - Stone Subs, in progress
Kamen Rider Kuuga - Midnight Crew Subs COMPLETE
Kamen Rider Agito - GomenRider
Kamen Rider Ryuki - TVN, SubVent in progress
Kamen Rider 555 - GabuAnon in progress
Kamen Rider Blade - TurnUp Scrubs
Kamen Rider Hibiki - TVN
Kamen Rider Kabuto - YoY
Kamen Rider Den-O - TVN, OrangeLion in progress
Kamen Rider Kiva - TVN, Railler Subs in progress
Kamen Rider Decade - TVN. MegaAnon/MillionFoldCuriosity did a couple episodes, I think, and OT did the Shinkenger crossover episodes as part of subbing Shinken
Kamen Rider W - OverTime/WTime, BDs from OZC-Live
Kamen Rider OOO - OverTime, BDs from OZC-Live
Kamen Rider Fourze - OverTime, BDs in progress from OZC-Live
Kamen Rider Wizard - OverTime
Kamen Rider Gaim - Aesir Subs
Kamen Rider Drive - OverTime, BDs from OZC-Live
Kamen Rider Ghost - OverTime
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid (current) - OverTime

Super Sentai
(list in progress)
Goranger - Rampage Subs, in progress
JAKQ - LovexCare, in progress
Battle Fever J
Denziman
Sun Vulcan - Gao Soul Forever
GoggleV
Dynaman - MFC
Bioman - GUIS COMPLETE
Changeman - GUIS, in progress
Flashman - GUIS, in progress
Maskman - GUIS
Liveman - GUIS
Turboranger - LovexCare, in progress
Fiveman
Jetman - GUIS
Zyuranger - Buy the DVDs from Shout Factory, scrub
Dairanger - Buy these from Shout Factory too, scrub
Kakuranger - Shout Factory
Ohranger - Shout Factory
Carranger - Shout Factory DVDs in April 2017
Megaranger - MillionFold Curiosity
Gingaman - MillionFold Curiosity
GoGoV - Imagination Station, in progress - this is complete now, there's no batch yet
Timeranger - OverTime, in progress
Gaoranger - Gao Soul Forever
Hurricanger - Imagination Station, eventually
Abaranger - Imagination Station
Dekaranger - OverTime, in progress
Magiranger - TinyHenshin Subs
Boukenger - TVN
Gekiranger - TVN, some other poo poo tier scrub by GekiKnight that isn't much better
Go-onger - Go-Anonger
Shinkenger - OverTime w/ ShinkenAnon
Goseiger - MillionFold Curiosity
Gokaiger - OverTime
Go-busters - OverTime
Kyoryuger - OverTime
ToQger - OverTime
Nininjer - OverTime
Zyuohger - OverTime
Kyuranger (Current) - OverTime

Ultraman

in progress

Other Assorted Bullshit
GARO - GomenRider scrubbed season one, OverTime has done the rest, and they're redoing season one now
Space Sheriff Gavan - MillionFold Curiosity, in progress

A LIST OF SITES FOR GROUPS THAT DONT SUCK AND ARE GOOD

OverTime - they do the new shows (generally, its no guarantee even though they've done every KR since W (gaim counts, shut up) and every Sentai since Gokaiger)
GUIS - Older Sentai
MillionFold Curiosity - Older-ish Sentai (like, stuff that's been turned into Power Rangers), Gavan

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 22, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Forums poster Burkion has an unhealthy obsession with Choudenshi Bioman

which will probably never be finished because the dude behind it is in japan doing stuff w/ toei

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
heres my punchman opinion: mr belt based belt

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'd also really like redone subs for Go-Onger but I realize that'll probably never happen as I'm one of the few who actually enjoys Go-Onger.

pretty sure this actually exists!

edit it does, it's go-anonger who did it. no idea about quality but there you go.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Namtab posted:

im gonna defend tv nihon.

i am calling the police right now as we speak

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

point of return posted:

Why isn't this using the "ghosts" tag?

because ghost only lasts a year and we don't know how good its going to be yet. kenshiro is forever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

Done.
I can change thread tags at will, just let me know when it's over/if it sucks.

kenshiro is forever

kenshiro is life

kenshrio is love

Poison Mushroom posted:

Don't they do the first episode as a matter of course before deciding?

no? they watch it first and decide if they like it but they don't sub an episode and then decide to sub it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cliff Racer posted:

They, or a "separate group" of practically the same people, have yet to miss a KR. I don't think they've missed a sentai since Goseiger either.

plus az has already said jeeg is working on ghost

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ignis posted:

this thread title is terrible

the other options were msotly talking poo poo about posters itt so

Ignis posted:

He's kind of dead and burned out by a year of doing SHT, but he's slowly been doing progress on both Ryuki and Shinken. I'm taking over him on Rider, so that'll lessen up his workload a li'l bit hopefully.

didnt' realize shinken was also the one doin ryuki

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Drive was good as hell. There's a sad scene wth a sentient toy car in the rain.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
w has a great ending get out of my house

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
go-onger sucks

ghost is dece

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i like his magic hoodies

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

Should've been Tesla :colbert: even if people in Japan probably don't know much about Tesla other than it's an electric car.

tesla was a fuckin lunatic weirdo and most people in america let alone japan don't know who he was, shut up with the nerd pedant bullshit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
shut uppppppp

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
THIS JAPANESE CHILDREN'S SUPERHERO SHOW ISN'T HISTORICALLY ACCURATE cry goons

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mikeycp posted:

and edison was a jackass of epic proportions. what's your point?

maybe we could stop with the dick-measuring and wailing about historical inaccuracies in a show where a man rides a dirt bike and then puts on a magic hoodie and his dirt bike suddenly has a dope fuckin unicorn head on it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

See if you say anything remotely critical about a show, no matter what the show is or how not serious your criticism is, you are instantly wrong and a baby because shut up

I think that's what the message here is

it was an irritating "just talking" when the form was announced, it's irritating now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

On the other hand, people getting mad about people getting mad about Tesla is hilarious. If they really wanted an electric Inventor guy though, they should've picked Benjamin Franklin and give him an electric Kite/chain-sickle to use.

see now this is a good "just talking"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the dancing was fantastic and paid off in that big dance-off thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serious Frolicking posted:

Tomari was just boring. There was nothing really wrong with him, but there wasn't really anything good about him either.

bullshit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

The substance might not all be there yet so it's not clear if we're getting Wizard or Fourze yet at this point. Also, for the next Eyecon I don't think Robin Hood is a real person so how can there be a ghost of a fictional character/myth/legend?

because it's a goddamn superhero show

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hey can one of you nerds seed the shinkenger sds from 36 up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if any of you nerds has ohranger, specifically ohranger 13 but the rest would be appreciated too, you should seed it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

I'm pretty sure Gomen Rider redid them. They could be a bit clunky though.

lets find out

hey az how much did you redo of the garo subs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

There's a couple lines I rewrote, but other than that it's exactly Heat's translation.

y

Ignis posted:

I think he meant the old gomenrider release

yeah i meant how much did you redo when you did the gomenrider subs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm getting back on watching W and I love Philip and Shotaro dancing along to Wakana on the radio

It owns and I love them and their poo poo talking akiko and I love this show and I need to stop forgetting I'm watching it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you don't like Akiko your a goddamn hurler

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shaezerus posted:

Personally I find her goddamn insufferable but then again everyone I know who's watched the full show says she gets better so maybe I'm just Not There Yet. I'm still at the point where Ryu is a frustrating-to-watch shitheel.

she owns from minute one, actually, i love her so much

hitler

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Omnicrom posted:

Only the very original series. He had nothing to do with Duel Monsters onward. ...Thus when you watch Toei's Yugioh and you notice that the show doesn't even pay lipservice to the game having rules, or there's a noticeable lack of threat or tension in the matchs, or they invent interesting ideas or cards that completely flop and are underutilized you can guess it's Inoue.

which one is it, because toei's started with duel monsters

also part of the reason it didn't pay lip service to rules is the game came out the year before the show started which means it was already in production plus YGO has poo poo garbage rules anyway so yolo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Poison Mushroom posted:

Is there really any reason I need to watch Decade 23 and 24 around Shinkenger 21? I didn't before, I don't plan to now, but I don't remember if I missed anything important.

Also, is the movie any good?

Because it was a two week crossover between the shows

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cernunnos posted:

It has just hit me that there is no Ghost this week so, instead of watching a series that might be getting better, how about you guys point me to a series that maybe isn't that good but that I'm interested in?

Where can I find some decent Kabuto subs?

this is the only project that seems to be recent. no idea how much of an improvement it is over TVN https://yongouoveryander.wordpress.com/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FortMax posted:

Bioman 40

Monster and Juo steal a car to go on a joyride. And Juo seems to watch The Beverly Hillbillies.

holy poo poo does this mean bioman is actually going to finish

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FortMax posted:

In the last week, I've gotten scripts for the rest of the episodes. Only thing I don't have yet is the movie.

dope, i was only holding of on it for lack of those last 12 episodes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
double posting to say that i'm going to add the sentai section to the second post, finally, when it's done i'll ask y'all if there's anything i'm missing. i'm gonna try and leave stalled out projects that didnt get too far like hurricanger off .

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
aight list is up, i know there's a few things missing, like i know someone was doing magiranger but i don't remember who, and i still need to do links for errything

also if you folks who like ultraman and what not could chime in on what's subbed, fan or otherwise, and where, that'd be rad, because i don't know anything about that

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

oh wow and its finished. dope, there's that taken care of

also if any of you nerds has the bioman mp4s to seed i love you, if not i'll wait till the batch

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also turnup scrubs finished blade! finally, a not-inaccurate translation of that show. truly, this is the golden age of toku getting finished. hail spandex satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's only page 14

and we've already had two christmas miracles

hail spandex satan

e: and when mfc comes back with gavan (and maybe some sentai?) itll be three

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 1, 2015

• Locked thread