Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Slightly related but I'm the guy who loves ryuki's ending because I love to be sad about gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought Daigo stretched the bounds of "how much can you build up and focus on the red before it becomes overbearing".

Then Takaharu came along and moved the goalposts, basically.

I think the difference between daigo and takaharu is that daigo clearly loved/adored his teammates and felt like he was their equal even as the show made him take center stage.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's good to know I wasn't crazy when I watched the preview and said "Hey wait a second, it's that guy!"

Looking up Kyuranger stuff, I found out that Raptor 283 is voiced by the same person who played Luka from Gokaiger, which apparently makes her the second person to play a main Sentai member in two different series, after Jyunichi Haruta. So that's pretty cool.

Still curious to see how the characters in Ex-Aid have somehow managed to avoid noticing the planet being taken over by giant drill robots. :v:

She does a lot of VA work now! I don't think I've ever heard her put out a bad performance yet.

EDIT: As far as Amazons go, I feel like there is a point mid-season 1 where you can feel that they realize they have another season to work with and suddenly have to double back on the rush towards a climax they seemed to be setting up.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

One thing you will think is either kind of cool or extremely frustrating is the amount of belt-swapping that goes in in Faiz. Unlike most other Riders, Faiz's belt (usually) doesn't appear out of nowhere when he wants to transform, he carries it around in a briefcase, and more people than just Takumi can and do use it.

Unless you're Female And Therefore Too Fragile.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I haven't read every review of the movie because I'm not a masochist, but the ones I've read from people who have more grounding with the source material seem to be more critical.

They go past the "haha wow this source material sure is dumb!" critique and hone in on "trini's sexuality is only included as riffing material" and other Actual Problems with the script.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

PurplieNurplie posted:

Any particular good place to start with Sentai and Kamen Rider stuff? Watching the Power Rangers marathon has me intrigued.

For sentai, Gokaiger is a pretty solid starting point, as it's a much better anniversary season and can serve as a nice jumping off point for whatever other shows might interest you.

As for riders, I'd recommend a few modern shows. W, Fourze and Drive all pull from western genre fiction in a way that can help ground a new viewer.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Their worst offense was giving tachibana an entirely new power set in blade right

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
If somebody "connects" with TVN subs that's fine but objectively they're not connecting with the spirit and intention of the original work, they're connecting with a warped interpretation of that show.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
New scrub group for faiz called Kneescrubs! They're on episode 5 so far.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
The actual Go-Rider part is clearly jammed in to an unrelated miniseries to make it movie relevant. But otherwise I had a good time with it, tvn subs and all.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Start with Orb or Mebius for ultraman.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I feel like nexusrequires some knowledge of the typical structure of an ultra show to really appreciate.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Who cares about any of them, here comes Ultraman Zead, the ultraman with a gun!

https://twitter.com/_Erasu/status/854658434058391552

https://twitter.com/_Erasu/status/854659000683646976

And he's Belial's son for maximum shadow the hedgehog brooding potential!

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
According to the family tree he may also be zero's son

https://twitter.com/volfoggs/status/854687864583475200

Also maybe a new zero form coming?

https://twitter.com/tokucookie/status/854624957581545473

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I don't think it has; ultra sub groups aren't as common generally for a number of reasons

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

TV Nihon is the opposite of comprehensible, we are not having this goddamn discussion again

Eh, even broken clocks are right twice a day. I'm not expecting them to make a trend out of their marginal success on goriders but in willing to acknowledge they did an okay job for once.

John McClane fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 20, 2017

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
It's a Japanese language channel so it must be for expats.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
The new exaid scans are loving crazy. Like, I don't even want to link them crazy.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is that Dan back and fighting again?.

If so

it seems like the spoilers imply emu brought him back to help fight parad

Which: sorry, go-riders, I guess

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I'm actually really excited for GoGoV. Great costume designs, great theme.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
the best part of the version of nexus we got is its big cameo in the zero movies

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
There's no toku merch up yet but p Bandai just launched a us site so we're all loving doomed

John McClane fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 28, 2017

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Agito is such a favorite of mine. There's something so earnestly dorky about everyone.

Also, someone please just give Ryo a hug? Buy him a candy bar? The boy has it so rough.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
They wrote off a couple other characters for the time being so it's probably them trimming down the cast for scheduling budget reasons.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Amazons S2: If you're a woman, you're gonna suffer.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Naga was good though.

Naga has never not been good.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

LightningKimba posted:

Heaven's Tornado is the best thing, and I won't have anyone sully the power of a teen wearing a Tupac shirt. :colbert:

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

MONEY is the best Gaia memory call tho

The old maid showdown completely ruled

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I found amazons season deux to be wildly underwhelming and mostly an unnecessary diversion

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I think the status quo at the end of season 2 is interesting but I didn't enjoy the journey there at all.

I can't buy into the idea that this was the only way to get to these character developments. Did we really need a whole season of a teen girl being used as a tool by men (and also having her past trauma used as motivation FOR me) only for her to be killed off before she gets any resolution of her own?

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I wouldn't write that many words for a eulogy of a loved one

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I like ryuki's ending a lot because I love sad gays

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

mikeycp posted:

They'll probably get Hurricanger before Imagination Station too. I want to see those ninjas.

Hurricanger got finished by a different group.

https://twitter.com/shushuttoscrubs/status/783449800092024834

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
The coffee dad from mebius also took his own life in 2011.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Build plot summaries hitting twitter.

https://twitter.com/_Erasu/status/889941012960948225

Staff too.

https://twitter.com/Peachyest_/status/889939449899102213

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Mao is in every voice cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John McClane