Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
There were questions about there being new scrubs/subs in the works for Blade, right? Looks like Turn Up Scrubs is back on the job and has made it to episode 23. I haven't had a chance to check the quality, though the notes for the first episode specifically state that the "Tachibana controls Undead" stuff was fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Ignis posted:

The translator isn't fond of side stuff in general, that's why we get to do that sort of stuff sometimes, and sometimes we just don't bother. :shrug:

Hey, that's fair. There seem to be other groups and people willing to take up the task more frequently these days, and sometimes you guys come along and do it after a while, anyway. Then I can watch it twice!

TV-N can keep the Net Movies, though. Do the Net Movies really need good translation? They are.... they really are something, sometimes.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
The first episode of Ghost has the parts of something good, but it felt way too rushed. I agree that it would have benefited from being a two-part deal. More time spent with the characters to know them a little better than the superficial quirks, a little more time dwelling on the dying thing, kill the first monster, bam. Done. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed that the sound mixing was way, way screwy.

I'd give it a few more episodes to see if it finds its legs. The premise is cool and the suit is cool and the fighty-hoodies are cool and uh, the ghost of Ticket sure is a thing.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm on the fence about GoRider because, as far as I know, it isn't subbed yet. That makes watching things far harder, you know? I like understanding what they say!

TV-Nihon did the subs for it, so while yeah, it's TV-N, the subs are perfectly comprehensible.

I was really pleased with how they used Kenzaki in this, and I say that as someone whose favorite season is Blade.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Have you watched the full series yet.

Reach the final episode before declaring it good or bad.

This this this. Kamen Rider has a lot of episodes to get through/pad out, generally speaking, and even the best seasons can be of inconsistent quality.

I thought Wizard was good in the first 12 or so episodes! And then it didn't go anywhere. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Craptacular! posted:

So, before I get my hopes up, is KR often like that? My plan at the moment is Amazons next, followed by W, then some combination of OOO/Ryuki/Blade/Gaim.

I can vouch for Blade having that "something always happening" quality. There are very few episodes that spin their wheels and go nowhere. There is always something advancing, and I found it a very compelling watch when I was binging through it. Turn-Up Scrubs did a good job on getting it watchable and coherent, too. And thank goodness for that, Blade is my favorite Rider season and I'm glad there's a half-decent version to point people at now.

Gaim spends more time loving off with stupid stuff than it should, and OOO has a period in the middle that's really not all that important in advancing the greater plot. (Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but OOOs plot actually wound up changed from initial plans because Ankh turned out more popular than expected?)

• Locked thread