Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Holy gently caress, I've been playing this the past week and reliving ye olden times. We got a goon guild on order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Rookersh posted:

Let me know when ya'll get a guild going. I'll update the OP with the info.

Have they fixed White Lion pets yet? Once they do, I'll probably jump over to Order.

They seem fine whenever I see them doing stuff. And no one's complained about their pets in advice yet. If we do get an Order side guild going, I vote we name it LLKF :dance:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Ramulack posted:

How does American prime time look lately? Last I tried this the game seemed pretty active during Euro hour and pretty quite during US Prime.

Around 6pm CST last night it was pretty booming. Order was at 58% of the server population and the renown was flowing like beer. All tiers are generally active or at least one of them are. T3 kind of comes and goes in waves. So when it dies down, I do SCs. Last night t2 was active all night last night until an hour or so ago (when I logged off).

Since you can have characters of both factions, that's what causes a portion of the balance swing. I've got some Destro characters I want to play (namely choppa, shaman, squig herder, and maybe some kind of tank), but Order has a few I'm wanting to get into as well. The game is fun and good and we need more people! Faction honestly does not matter to me; there are classes I want to play real bad on both. So I'm down to play with the majority.

It's worth noting that if you like doing SCs, Destruction stomps pretty hard a majority of the time. On my WH, I've had maybe three or four games where we just steam roll over them. Those games were before I hit t3. I'm halfway to a 244 weapon and I've won maybe six matches. Anecdotal evidence and all, but my experience is we lose SCs very, very hard as Order. I don't know what it's like for the daytime order (I normally get up pretty late for NA for no good reason) but I just got out of an SC where Order stood in the base to let Destro finish the High Pass Cemetery we were in once they hit 200 some odd points and we had 30.

3:24pm CST - 930/1000 players online 48% Order/52% Destro

Zeg fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 8, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

I'm on a small hiatus thanks to rl. IGN is Zegreiart.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

SERPUS posted:

What's the xp rate like?

Same as it was on live.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

So, is that guild I joined dying, Iminers? You left and a few other people bailed as well?

To any goons here, if you're actively playing, give me a name and what time you're usually on. I'll fire up a guild. Seems like Order is where everyone is, so that's where it'll be.

Also, the OP needs a pretty big update. That is painfully old and doesn't really do the game justice anymore. I'm sure with enough of us running around with some screenshots/video or whatever, we'd probably be able to wrangle some other goons along for the ride.

IGN: Zegreiart Belrouze
Generally Online: Varies, I have a weird schedule thanks to being sick, but can be on whenever needed in CST. Online lately in the early AM or late evenings.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

Gonna be on soon.

Are warrior priests still brokenly good?

RP are better imo for pure healing. Devs are taking steps to making 2h WP stuff not suck.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

Sorry about that, i meant to email you. Havoc disbanded and joined with Nocturnal. Message Neoyoda when hes on and ask him for an invite, he will get you in.
The Nocturnal guild is bigger with a whole lot more stuff goin on like premade sc's etc.

If we get enough goons playind i'd be down with a goon guild.

Yeah, I'm going to pass for now on joining Nocturnal. I've done enough SCs with them and read their tantrums followed with their premade afking that it's not much of a community I want to be a part of. I'll wait to see if there's enough for a goon presence. Thank you though.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

Huh, if the leadership throws hissy fits over sc's etc then gently caress it, ill go solo until the goon guild arrives or i find a better guild.

Edit: Neoyoda was spamming guild chat telling ppl to roll healers cause we don't have enough etc. Weird how a big guild like Nocturnal has little to none dedicated healers for sc's wb's.

Yeah, I genuinely think that if we can get enough together to make our own little spank squad, it'd be real easy to carve a goony path on this server. Really let destro know when the goons have arrived.

e: had someone else ask me about a goon guild in-game, forgot their name though, got DCed, and they asked about being destro. I'm down for either, opting to go with majority vote.

Zeg fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 19, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Anyone have an issue where a login attempt just grays out the connect button?

Did you get your issue resolved? Restarting the launcher until it works is the only solution I know of.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

jaffyjaffy posted:

I may need to check this out again at some point when I have time. One of my fondest MMO memories was standing behind a Blackguard friend spamming AoE on a Choppa.
I don't remember much of the Order classes beyond BW, but I'm glad to hear that the devs on that server tuned them down a bit.

Yeah, it's pretty great and for a small team they've certainly made strides. Organizing a goon guild seems pretty improbable at this point, but it's worth checking out just to see the sights on your favorite class.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Some friends wanted to give the game another shot, but they're hardcore destro so if'n's you see Doktabeatbox the Choppa running around, say hi!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

fishhooked posted:

how do we not have a guild yet?

Rookersh posted:

It honestly sounds like there are enough goons to form a guild, albeit not a very active one.

This is why. I tried pretty hard for a solid week to make stuff happen by tracking people down in-game and tried to rile up a presence here, but just not enough of a foundation of players to really build on so I moved on and went destro because I like choppas more than slayers.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

Also: belrouze whats your ign on destro side?

Loxly - DoK
Wystren - Magus
Gwythr - Mara
Ilissra- Sorc
Doktabeatbox - Choppa
Boglin - Shammy
Hobbles - SH

Doktabeatbox is my main, but I'm on random guys at random times on that list.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Desmond posted:

I have a babby shaman Bombora on Dest

Added you. I've got a Black Orc I'm thinking of leveling soon. Maybe we make some magic happen sometime.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Destro guild made - Eventide, ran by me and formed with some RL friends who play in the late evenings (10pm CST normally) with one able to be on around 4ish pm CST. We're currently level 5 (I've been hitting the no-life button hard). Any and all destro goons more than welcome. Taxes and Tithes are active and at 5% because I blew 160g in a day getting this poo poo set up. At most they'll hit maybe 10 or 12% to help recuperate the costs of getting the guild off the ground and then dropped to probably 3% or so. Nothing much in the grand scheme of things. Anything you need, we can help - powerleveling, talis, and I've got weekend events set up for this weekend on the guild calendar for any kind of powerleveling as well as a day of getting our crafts worked on for being self sufficient/AH PvP.

We're looking for some dedicated healers, and few DPS of sorts, ranged would be rad as we have none at the moment, but anything is good. Could use a Chosen for auras as well. But we'll take anything you dudes want to roll up. Please look for Doktabeatbox in-game.

Our current "main" comp is:
Black Orc
Blackguard
Disciple of Khaine
Choppa
Marauder

These are our regulars at the moment, and we got some alts in here too. So if you want to make WAR Great Again, Eventide, Destro. The game is being updated pretty hardcore. The OP seriously needs updating in an awful way, or another thread needs to be made (I'll do it if need be and keep it updated.)

Our Blackguard likes to record so if you want your cheeto-fingered ways on the internet, come have some fun.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Destro guild Eventide has been formed with some RL friends and I. PM Doktabeatbox in-game if you want an invite. Our little group has been on nightly causing a ruckus. We're looking at becoming a stable destruction guild, we just need a larger core. Devs are working on t4 as well as PvE, but our RvR presence is pretty limited right now as a guild. We've got a guy who likes to record, so if you don't mind some YouTube bullshit and being on it, that's what we've been doing the past few weeks.

If I'm not on Doktabeatbox I'm on one of the following characters:
Gwythr
Loxly
Boglin
Hobbles
Poeward

:getin:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Darkinai posted:

New thread title request:

Return of Reckoning - How much butter can you fit in your mouth!?

Listen. It's Land-o-Lakes and it's really good, OK?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Seeing a lot of ex-Order players. So it's looking like we're going to be forming the guild <Leet Like Karl Franz> to compliment our Destro guild. We have several players already playing who prefer order and this is what we're looking at for the time being.

It's time to :getin:

e: this is our fitan music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSUW-Z_Cnc0

Zeg fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 13, 2016

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Leet Like Karl Franz needs you!

We're going to make Order great again. If you want to give RoR a go, please do! The game is pretty amazing and in a very great spot right now. The devs are working their asses off to make WAR what it used to be.

@OP, if you aren't actively playing, it would be highly appreciated by several of us that you request this thread be taken down via mod so we can create one and maintain it ourselves because we're not interested in being the middle man when the OP is incredibly out of date and you can't be bothered to keep up with it.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0sj4M6og4JJueSoz
Hop into discord and come chill with us and get your WAR on.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Yep discord is the best way to find us. We're Destro after taking the time to see what everyone in the core group (so far) likes and we've settled on Destruction. So get yo rear end in Discord and we'll make magic happen.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Yep, best of luck!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

The hell went down last night?

When i left you guys last night you were all laughing and everyone was having a good time. The hell?

No idea, I went to go see Deadpool with my wife, and came home to this. P sure goons just want a large, established guild and wanted an out, so they found one and packed up. Aside from that I'm a buttergolem sperg that got annoyed someone wanted to pull a member of our guild away from us, so whatever was said, was said without me around (convenient as that is) constructed in a manner that gave them a reason to leave to a bigger guild. It's goons, what did you expect? Anyhow, Dark's right though, server's great, and worth a try. Don't let water under the bridge turn any would-be players away.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Grabpot Thundergust posted:

OK, so I've just found this. Loved me some WAR back in the day. What's the crack? Is there an active goon (or goon-filled) guild or has the whole house of cards come down?

Came down. Goons would rather have a large guild established than build one up together. Best to just pub one until you find one you like.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

38 WH and 40 Choppa. I don't mind getting a discord set up if we want to establish a goon guild.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Blast of Confetti posted:

yeah, there's on admin that's mostly the reason for everyone who leaves the server so I guess he's the guy programming it. He bitches in world chat when he loses, gets mad at the ensuring git good from people who don't know any better, then gives you a temp ban or teleports to you, freezes you, kills you, then temp bans you. plus the aforementioned turning on god mode when he decides he doesn't want to lose to a zerg.

dude is the reason the server is dying because otherwise the PvP bits are working pretty solidly. if you still want to play then go for it but liking the game and having to leave because the guy is a complete tool really takes the wind out of your sails

I've been looking for this since you posted and have yet to see this happen. And for the past two years or so of playing consistently (as Destro) I still haven't seen or heard of this happening. Got any screenshots?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Game is still fun if people are looking for a big ole pvp grind-for-gear fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

It is. Playing a DPS AM is something i thought would never work, but it actually does.

You play regularly? I've got a WH I want to work on and a Slayer that's fresh r40 with some awful rr.