Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Was looking to get into this for the Pvp, but the lag is unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

boho posted:

I hate myself enough to play laggy barely functional WAR, so it's really not that much of a leap.

Actually I hoped the class didn't suck anymore since I quit at launch. If they're still hot garbage, I'll reroll. What're the differences between Zealot and Shaman?

e: phone postin'

This is pretty much it. Ive leveled a Chosen to 27 and the lag is unreal. i get 10-15 sec lag spurts in huge battles. The Admins claimed they took care of the lag, but i dont really see any improvement. At all. That and my renown points keep resetting after every time i relog. a handful of other bugs that they should of really tried to fix before pushing out T3.

Also, i keep forgetting it's in alpha..

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Gobbos occasionally get to shoot someone right?

The database stuff they did removed all lag for me. I'm playing for europe though.

Chosen is cool now that auras dont have to be juggled. I'm guessing that's probably a bug.

From what my guild members say its not. Chosen are allowed 3 active auras.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Litterbox posted:

In relation to Chosen and other tanks, I kinda hope they balance guarding a little better. The other day me and another slayer ran into A zealot and two black orcs and no matter what we did we just couldn't kill any of them. Eventually they won the 4 minute war of attrition and killed us. The Damage absorption or something needs to be tweaked - as a pure DPS class it shouldn't be possible to neutralize your damage with 1 ability.

:downs:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

"We are still in this fight, and we won’t back down over new hardware giving us some room to breathe."

What in the hell is this even suppose to mean?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Everytime i spend my renown abilities points and relog, they reset.

Anyone else get this? Am i doing something wrong? is there a secret save button im not seeing?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Double Monocle posted:

They dont reset.... the vender just forgets what you have.

Once you spend your points and close the vendor you have to refund and spend them again to make changes.

Its also 100% free to respec renown points so it seems they are aware of this.

Just reset and spend them all again when you get a new one.

I see now, thanks for that.

Edit: Can we get a list of names that play actively here?

Im on as Iminers Shadow Warrior.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 11, 2016

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

So, is that guild I joined dying, Iminers? You left and a few other people bailed as well?

To any goons here, if you're actively playing, give me a name and what time you're usually on. I'll fire up a guild. Seems like Order is where everyone is, so that's where it'll be.

Also, the OP needs a pretty big update. That is painfully old and doesn't really do the game justice anymore. I'm sure with enough of us running around with some screenshots/video or whatever, we'd probably be able to wrangle some other goons along for the ride.

IGN: Zegreiart Belrouze
Generally Online: Varies, I have a weird schedule thanks to being sick, but can be on whenever needed in CST. Online lately in the early AM or late evenings.

Sorry about that, i meant to email you. Havoc disbanded and joined with Nocturnal. Message Neoyoda when hes on and ask him for an invite, he will get you in.
The Nocturnal guild is bigger with a whole lot more stuff goin on like premade sc's etc.

If we get enough goons playind i'd be down with a goon guild.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Yeah, I'm going to pass for now on joining Nocturnal. I've done enough SCs with them and read their tantrums followed with their premade afking that it's not much of a community I want to be a part of. I'll wait to see if there's enough for a goon presence. Thank you though.

Huh, if the leadership throws hissy fits over sc's etc then gently caress it, ill go solo until the goon guild arrives or i find a better guild.

Edit: Neoyoda was spamming guild chat telling ppl to roll healers cause we don't have enough etc. Weird how a big guild like Nocturnal has little to none dedicated healers for sc's wb's.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 19, 2016

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Rookersh posted:

It honestly sounds like there are enough goons to form a guild, albeit not a very active one.

I imagine though as they keep fleshing the game and push it out of beta, more and more goons will join in. If people stick with it, this server will probably have a fairly active goon guild by it's launch.

I hope so.

Was kicked from the server today for *roleplaying*

[7:Roleplay][Mcgillicuddy]: I put on my wizards hat and wizards robe..

[7:Roleplay][Mcgillicuddy]:I also put on my wizards pants..

Server Notice: You have been kicked from the server. Please check your email for further details.

To be fair there were a few of us making GBS threads up the /7 channel and the gm asked us nicely to stop.

They take roleplaying seriously on RoR.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

fishhooked posted:

been having a lot of fun rolling around as a RP named Caec. Wish I had some goons to roll with

Add imin and mcgillicuddi to your friends list. Im on most of the time im not at work. Im thinking of starting a goon guild but the problem is i need 6 unguilded ppl to start it and no one ever shows up when i ask for unguilded ppl to sign my charter or whatever. Lets get this trainwreck of a guild started. Anyone on est time speak up and maybe we can all get together make a guild. I donno.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Forgot to add im order. the thread has been tipping over towards order for a while now. play order. thanks.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Desmond posted:

How much does it cost to start a guild?

I just hit level 13 by a combination of questing and pvp. I forgot how good this mmo is for pvp'ing, and that whole casual "I log in when I feel like it and log out when I need to go" is pretty appealing, so much that I may have talked my other half into at least giving it another go, and he hates mmo's for the most part. We did have a good time in retail with warhammer until it got grindy, but we didn't level too far at all back then.

I miss public quests. I don't think I even remember scenarios.

Not sure how much they cost but i do know you need 6 other unguilded ppl to sign something so that you can start the guild.

Public quests are broken right now, but they say they are working on it. Scenarios are just pvp battleground where you get renown and exp. and scenario emblems..

If your IGN is freckles i was messaging you last night, but you didnt respond.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

This is why. I tried pretty hard for a solid week to make stuff happen by tracking people down in-game and tried to rile up a presence here, but just not enough of a foundation of players to really build on so I moved on and went destro because I like choppas more than slayers.

Same. Ive got about 7 goon players names on my friends list but no one is ever on. And if they do log on they log out within 5-10 minutes later.

Also: belrouze whats your ign on destro side?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Leet Like Karl Franz needs you!

We're going to make Order great again. If you want to give RoR a go, please do! The game is pretty amazing and in a very great spot right now. The devs are working their asses off to make WAR what it used to be.

@OP, if you aren't actively playing, it would be highly appreciated by several of us that you request this thread be taken down via mod so we can create one and maintain it ourselves because we're not interested in being the middle man when the OP is incredibly out of date and you can't be bothered to keep up with it.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0sj4M6og4JJueSoz
Hop into discord and come chill with us and get your WAR on.

Wait, were doing a order guild now? I thought we were destro.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

TokenTrevor posted:

The op just has kind of a vibe that the game isn't really working when in fact i've found very few issues thus far. Servercap has changed, I dont think any of us have had any real issues with lag, there are a large number of working PvE quests now and you can level that way though I dont know why you would.

And though we do kind of play whichever side is more appealing at the moment we aren't "Making new characters everyday" There are about 7 or 8 of us on that discord. as I type this there are 3 people talking in it.

Still trying to figure out where the goons are. Order or Destro? This whole thread has been a "WHICH SIDE DO WE CHOOSE?" and no one can give a clear answer.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

Leet Like Karl Franz needs you!

We're going to make Order great again. If you want to give RoR a go, please do! The game is pretty amazing and in a very great spot right now. The devs are working their asses off to make WAR what it used to be.

@OP, if you aren't actively playing, it would be highly appreciated by several of us that you request this thread be taken down via mod so we can create one and maintain it ourselves because we're not interested in being the middle man when the OP is incredibly out of date and you can't be bothered to keep up with it.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0sj4M6og4JJueSoz
Hop into discord and come chill with us and get your WAR on.

Edit: sorry dok.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 16, 2016

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Darkinai posted:

Due to excessive drama from a ragey buttergolem the destro guild has split. This game and the private server are working amazingly and are fun to play, as long as you have a good group to play with. I can generally be reached on destro, my ingame name is the same as my forum name, and would be happy to advise any goons looking to get back into WAR.

Please disregard all of the rageposting that will follow from this post and if you are interested in playing drop me a pm on SA or ingame. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

The hell went down last night?

When i left you guys last night you were all laughing and everyone was having a good time. The hell?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Belrouze posted:

No idea, I went to go see Deadpool with my wife, and came home to this. P sure goons just want a large, established guild and wanted an out, so they found one and packed up. Aside from that I'm a buttergolem sperg that got annoyed someone wanted to pull a member of our guild away from us, so whatever was said, was said without me around (convenient as that is) constructed in a manner that gave them a reason to leave to a bigger guild. It's goons, what did you expect? Anyhow, Dark's right though, server's great, and worth a try. Don't let water under the bridge turn any would-be players away.

Yea its a great server and its even better when playing with goons.

Bear.
Force.
One.
R.i.p.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

It's cause the lead person is french if I remember right, so they've got some grammar weirdness at times I guess.

Also in a pretty good chunk of time I've never had a bad run-in with any of them myself, just don't poo poo up advice/world channels or be rude to people and you're good as far as I've seen. :shrug:

Pretty much this. Just dont be an assclown on the advice or role playing channel. To be honest they have improved the game since i started playing there like 7 months ago.

Also after they launched t3 or t4 they did a wipe. so i lost my destro characters :(.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah I wish I had known about the wipe ;(

Not sure I feel like grinding that poo poo out again.

Taking a break from ESO so i started a order WH.
Let the grind begin. :(

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I absolutely loved the pvp in this game, and the RvR poo poo was real fun too, but gently caress these developers. The developers are way too involved with trying to micro manage player actions. One dude is sharing a PC with his brother who has PTSD, the devs are accusing him of ban evasion because of multiple accounts from the same IP.

The guy tried to appeal and this was part of the response

Turns out, one of the devs can vouch for the kids story, so they eventually unban the other account, but still ban dude's.

They constantly delete posts saying the ban appeal forum isn't a peanut gallery, but it's loving open and viewable to the public. But it's not a peanut gallery. It's a LOLpleb power trip, and these guys can stick this server waaaaaay up their asses. They act as though they were slighted by Blizzard or some other mmo developer, and are using this as a vehicle to exact revenge like a child acting out against their parents.

I loved this game, but I'm not going to consider getting in on this if this is how it's managed. It's a shame really, because I was pretty hyped to get back in, but not if I'm going to be banned for naming my character Fartballs, or some other perceived slight against the Holy and Just word of our sovereign that have graced us such splendor and generosity.

The dev's and GM's can be a bit heavy handed in this game. I've seen them hand out 6-12 hour chat probations for posting in the wrong chat channel.

Like someone constantly posting that he's looking for a group to run Scenarios in the main chat channel.

I was suspended for like 3 hours from chat in the middle of last year for typing " :i put on my Wizards hat and Wizards robe: " in the Roleplay channel.

Im not even sure why i was suspeneded.

But they have made some nice advancements in the game. T2-T3 really doesnt exists so when you hit 16 you have to group with the 40 level ppl
and run with them to gain levels unless you want to do the T2-T3 quests solo.

I just ignore the GM's and try not to do anything stupid that will get me banned.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I mean, if there is a goon presence for some in game bs'ing and dumb question asking, I'd be down to jump back in. I just don't want to have to prostrate myself in a forum every time I accidentally post something the devs deem inappropriate for whatever given channel.

Is the pvp arena functional? There was nothing better than knocking people into lava over and over again, or just making GBS threads massive aoe damage into hordes with my sorcerer.

If your talking about the mountain with the lava all around yes. And yea it's fun to punt the other team into the lava.

As for the chat channels just keep it nice and clean and the GM,s really won't gently caress with ya.

Also try to not post in the forums cause,again, for some reason the dev's are pretty anal about shitposters and anything that they think is a snarky comment about their programming skills.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 5, 2017

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Yates posted:

I still play this game a lot. Still my favorite MMO. Some things have changed a lot but the biggest thing is you always get a bag after getting a zone and when killing the Lord always stand right on top of him in the middle of the room. No matter if your tank, healer, melee dps or ranged dps. They changed how threat worked and it is total poo poo now. The easiest way to finish is now just pile on him, don't run even if you pull aggro, and if you die, you die, somebody will rez you.

Seems we have enough ppl to start a guild i think.

What side is everyone on.

I got a 16 WH on order and a 21 Sorc on destro.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

The devs at RoR are going to release the dungeon Gunbad at the end of the month.

Can anyone answer the following questions, as i didnt get to play retail and really know nothing about it.

What level is it?

Where is it located at?

Is it an actual instanced dungeon where you and your group can do or is it like an open dungeon like early UO dungeons?
(open dungeon meaning anyone can go in at anytime etc)

Thanks.

Nm, found the info for gunbad.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 10, 2017

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Seems like someone stole the code and threw up a new Warhammer Online server.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26766

:suspense:

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 26, 2018

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

iddqd posted:

I can't believe I'm just now finding out that there's a server for WAR. Can't wait to make a Black Orc and do some T1 pvp.

I actually still play alot on here for some reason.

Leave your username and what side your on (destro or empire) cause ive got characters on both sides, who can most likely help you out.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

[quote="Zeg" post="498131339"]
Game is still fun if people are looking for a big ole pvp grind-for-gear fest.

It is. Playing a DPS AM is something i thought would never work, but it actually does.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Zeg posted:

You play regularly? I've got a WH I want to work on and a Slayer that's fresh r40 with some awful rr.

Yea, My AM is Kazarus
Eoin is my BW.

Send me a message or add the names to your friend list.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Gort posted:

This game was decent back in the day, but I remember playing Order and high-level PVP was the Order players capturing a single castle, then a massive wave of Chaos players taking it back nigh-instantly.

Then Order would attack somewhere else, to be instantly splatted by Chaos again. Did they ever do anything to fix faction imbalance like that?

I never played the official server, but on Return To Reckoning the classes are in a good spot, somewhat.

There's a couple OP classes like the White Lion, which pretty much destroys anything one on one.

It's not perfect by any means, but they are trying to bring it in and make everything as even as possible.

E: A small problem is when the population dies down. Cause then your stuck with the quest's and that get's boring pretty quick.
And sometimes the Scenario's don't pop at all even though alot of people are q'd.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 18, 2019

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Gort posted:

It wasn't class balance that was off, it was just that the Chaos side had about four times the players and steamrolled Order every time.

Yea, the steamrolling still take's place.

Both sides get steamrolled at least once a day.

Pretty much everyone has both a destro and order character, so when one side starts getting steamrolled, most of them just switch to the winning side.(X-realming?)

It is what it is...

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

did this guy ever stop doing that?

I've seen two so far in the past 2 days get banned , I think it was some guys cursing a d throwing in a racial slur.

But yea, the popation jumped from about 400 to about 1300 p much overnite.
Trying to start an alt is now frustrating as you and about 23 other people are waiting in line to finish a starter quest :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Can anyone explain why some healers on destro side just bunny hop and heal alot? I keep seeing this and don't understand it.

Is it a quicker way to cast heals?