Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wow. I hate all change and just want everything to stay the same or else this show is trash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

tsob posted:

Yup, complaining about the introduction of one specific character whose only purpose is to appeal to a demographic and not to serve the story or cast itself in any way is exactly the same as hating all change. Also, complaining about how the show is afraid of changing it's cast by ditching a popular character when his purpose has been served is also the same as saying that all change is bad.

Also complaining about Wells coming back. Again, before it's happened.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's not that he gets beat up that's annoying. It's that they also show he's fast enough to catch a bullet as soon as he feels it touch his neck and pull it away from killing him.

He's that fast. But he then gets hit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'd hope that as he progresses we will get more stuff like this.

The explanation that I came up with and is now canon in my head is that Barry is such a dweeb in real life that to throw a punch he has to think about it so hard it drops him out of super speed to try and figure out the hand-eye coordination, which makes him an easy target. And he panics when Cold points the gun, so he gets gunshy about turning on the super speed for a second.

This is now the law of the show.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Zoom is Ronnie. His movie career will be dead by the time they film the final 3 episodes of the season.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You mean Wally "Harrison" Wells?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He leveled up. Had to test out his new abilities even if they weren't necessary.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think he was stealing the gun he shot Sharkdude with.

Did Jay actually go back to Earth 2? I can't remember how they left that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They fix that by not having the team beat him, just have him disappear into the speed force or whatever for a little bit. Bring him back in 5 years.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They just need to figure out how to do those effects cheaply. That's the only reason they could do the Flash, right?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

greatn posted:

If the thing didn't work why would he scream in anger and get the fuq outta there? Like any serum I assume it takes a minute to set in.

he might be a calculating villain and when he got shot with a dart he wasn't expecting, he didn't want to take any chances that it might actually do something to him

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

it's working in that one.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No new ep this week?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yessssss. Someone posted a synopsis site in the last couple pages and it looked like they were saying nothing was airing today. Or maybe I was drunk when I read it.

Get hype.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

E1 Henry Allen is Zoom and a breach opened to his prison cell as soon as he was convicted which he used to understand time and now slows everyone else down rather than speeding himself up.

He's evil and knew exactly where to hit Barry to not kill him, but to get him to leave him alone for a little longer.

I know, it's not true, it's E2 Henry Allen and they're telegraphing it hard

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Is there a debate on or something?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I could really get with having more of these crossovers. I think it elevates both casts quite a bit.

C'mon CW/DC, make these happen 3 times a year at least.

Maybe Legends of Tomorrow will scratch that itch. If Teams Flash and Arrow were both featured on it, I would be elated. Although that might be a few too many cast members.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It was a flashback to like a year before Ollie went to the Island. So 10-11 years ago.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

That was a bit of a wet fart. I loving hate US TV show "christmas" episodes anyway, but even without all that horrible shmaltz over the top this was a pretty poor episode.

The magic magnet bomb solution was laughable and yet again they come up with some weird convoluted reason why Flash can't just run out of the building (that makes no sense) then make him helicopter out (which makes less sense than him just running out).

Joe is a great cop but a terrible partner, Patty should just loving quit. Last episode she shot someone who every one thought was dead, her partner tells her to run away with no explanation (and it looks like they haven't explained it to her, the only other person on the "taskforce". Then the person who murdered his partner breaks out of jail, and he knows she is a bit loopy over it and just fucks off to go and speak to his ex wife leaving her alone to deal with the 3 escaped prisoners.
Plus she hasn't found out about Barry yet, which is just going to be a bunch more awful "why didn't you tell me, I thought we had something, we are done" angsty bullshit waiting to happen.

It was also super awkward the way they said "his name is Wally. Wally West." every time.

Right, C4 isn't going to detonate because of a spark. It needs pressure. Also, why could they not have just walked out if speed lightning was the trigger?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My Q-Face posted:

Also, what's the over-under on Wally finding out before Patty does?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Valeyard posted:

I just realised that when we see the Reverse Flash come back, we are also probably going to see him chase Barry to the night of Nora's murder and Barry will tell Other Barry not to save his Mum

and we still won't know why.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I could not care less about Grodd. I certainly don't want an entire seasons budget wasted on a bunch of CGI gorillas. He was a good one off thing, even bringing him back this season was meh.

And I'm sure we can stumble through the Kevin Smith episode, although I bet Jason Mewes makes a cameo as Bluntman.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's TONIIIIIGHT!

Re: Extended Trailer

Is it for just tonight or the entire back half of the season?

Can't wait for Reverse Flash and evil Caitlyn/Ronnie.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Seriously, what the gently caress is Speed Cancer. Is it like "oh you have a degenerative nerve disease and the SPEED FORCE was the only thing letting your body fight it"?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He wanted to beat up the Flash. Meaning Jay. He didn't even know about Barry when he sent the first few Earth-2 metas over.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

so it's definitely Earth 1 Jay then?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

and at the end of season one, he ran fast enough to go back in time.

I think he could make it in a few minutes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't care at all who Zoom is. I hope he's no one. I hope Zoom is just killed and we never find out. Knowing who he is adds nothing.

That said, it's totally Flash Dad.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

so are we just done with Zoom now?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So we're just going to have like 3 episodes of who cares stuff and then they'll science the portal open and get the man in the mask, then fight zoom for 4 more episodes?

Gonna need a couple big reveals. Stat.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

zoux posted:

Yeah that editor has a real weird sense of journalism.

Also has the (comics-y spoiler) Wally West as the Man in the Iron Mask theory already been discounted? Because it seems obvious to me that's who it is, but I've seen basically no one talk about it.

The man in the iron mask is white , so probably not...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mask guy being in another speedster containment unit instead of a lovely cage like Jesse should be a good indicator of what his threat to zoom was.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

TEAH SYAG posted:

It seems like the DEO, Star Labs and Arrow Lair all suffer from ingress security issues. Star Labs should have security like a nuclear power plant. You can't even get close to a coal-fired power plant these days without going through multiple layers of filtering. I don't know who they consult for how this works, if they do it, or if lovely Canadian writers are to blame.

I doubt STAR labs is up to date on their regulatory access, since literally anyone can access the entire facility. Not exactly up to NERC standards.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I thought the show was back on the 22nd. Am I seeing that it got pushed back to the 29th now? Or was it always the 29th?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'd imagine that they handwave it away by saying there are infinite parallel universes and the ones that we can access are just the ones with the *most* similarities because they vibrate closest to the same frequency as ours.

Boom, give me money, Johns.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Flash returns tonight :D

In other news:

quote:

“I just don’t think it was a good fit,” he told the New York Daily News. “I’m very strict with this universe, and I just don’t see a version where … that (tone is) not our world.”

While the DC Comics films are known for their dark and serious tone, The CW’s superhero series The Flash and Arrow feature more levity.

“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multi-verse (idea),” Snyder continued, “so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

And eventual crossovers should they make enough money (they probably won't)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

I feel there is more to this story than we let on. He could be a doppleganger.

We're all a little bit Jay when you think about it.

Well, given that we saw Zoom Jay carrying the corpse of WhinyJay, it's not hard to believe.

The point there was to catch the characters close to up to where we are now. They still don't know there were multiple Jays. Just that Zoom is Zoom Jay.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Trajectory's cornrows looked great, but lol at that being part of her speedster costume. "I'm gonna do a bunch of speed stuff, even faster than the Flash, but first I gotta stop at the salon for a couple hours"

if only she knew someone with super speed who could style her hair for her...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

I like Wally's total pointless appearance. It did seem like maybe they were thinking of setting him and Jesse together? Maybe he can go try to find her and Barry's dad. Maybe Linda is there too.

Her meta detector went off when she met him. Might just be from being next to Barry, might be an easter egg.

• Locked thread