Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
The power of devils, sir or madam, you should only be making pacts with lawful evil. 8V

But yes, just to reiterate, both of these LPs were fantastic, and I look forward to hearing more about this randomizer run idea. Metroid randomizers are pretty fun already, it'd be interesting to see just how odd one would get in MM.

On the 'entry-level glitches' thing, it varies by game, but I'd say for MM and OoT, you want to play around with the Infinite Sword Glitch. It's relatively easy in many versions (most versions?) of the games, is pretty fun to goof off with, and is integral to setting up some of the trickier glitches.

Shady Amish Terror fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Krysmphoenix posted:

Does doable mean "you can do this without glitching" or "you'll need to glitch to even hope of completing this?"

I would love to know this as well. I know the more popular Super Metroid and Metroid Prime randomizers I've seen try to give you access to a few key items early to give you the best possible odds of a winnable run, but even with those you generally need glitches to get your way through the vast majority of seeds.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
My vote is as follows:

code:

Vote A Single Empty Character for filename, in honor of Link's true nature, in recognition of Chad's destiny, as repentance for not using the Elegy of Emptiness.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Everything I've read about Firefox recently indicates its in a weird spiral of instability and inconsistent behavior right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not working randomly, where it might be fine on a fresh install on a different system.

• Locked thread