Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
SL's videos have improved a bit since he got hit with copyright strikes and got his account restricted, believe it or not. Since he now has to keep his videos to under 16 minutes in length, he actually employs a bit of editing when he's forced to. The biggest problem I have with his work is that he insists on doing everything live, doing everything the finicky glitchy way he wants to demonstrate no matter how many tries it takes him, and showing the audience all of his attempts because he thinks cutting out the failures is disingenuous (and he wants the audience to suffer as much as he does, I guess). Take any of those elements away and you remove the issue completely, but as it is, he gets frustrated every time something doesn't work, and it gets to be like sitting in the back seat of a car while the couple in the front seat yells at each other and nobody's paying attention to the road, so there's no distinction between divorce or an oncoming truck - something is going to hit you head-on and destroy your life. Okay, maybe a bit dramatic, but you're practically watching the guy have a breakdown, particularly in the Mario 64 videos. (And that game has broken many people - remember ElectricalBeast and SirRonLionheart? Both victims of trying to do a normal LP of Mario 64 and shifting to annoying gimmicks halfway through.) With the time limit in place, SL sometimes abandons a trick he wants to show and just describes it or cuts out failures until he gets it right because he can't otherwise fit the video he wants into the time he has, and while he's still frustrated, at least you're usually only hearing the post-success portion of the rant. This will last until sometime in December.

Mawio saves his time-stop power for about three years and uses it to jump off the side of Bowsah's arena with no lives left but TELEPOR back up so he can get the key. Pretty much nobody is aware that this happens because retsupurae has moved on to donated longplays and Kickstarter videos by this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Fanzay posted:

Why do you guys waste your time watching subpar poo poo by youtube randos? I don't get it.

Why do you waste your time evaluating what other people do for entertainment? Some questions will just never be answered.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

DoctorKill posted:

Next time I'll actually go ahead and kill Gohma,

I know this is a typo, but wow, that would be an impressive glitch!

• Locked thread