Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
On the subject of beta quest; it actually seems really easy to beat? I recently tried it and won on two separate files relatively quickly as all you need are three things; a warp to kokiri forest for the sword, a warp to ganon's tower to somehow get the master sword (it even lets child link equip it for some reason) and the warp to the final battle.

As for the LP itself, this is a beautiful thing and I would actually be interested in watching a bunch of different runs of beta quest and randomiser live; this stuff is super neat to watch for me. Great work Dr Kill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

tiistai posted:

Dying in the tower collapse automatically puts the Master Sword on B (regardless of whether you have it or not) because of the Ganon fight: if you happened to die during the first phase when your sword has been knocked away you would become swordless, so the developers decided to fix that problem by forcing the Master Sword onto you.

And yeah, BQ can be pretty short and easy if your aim is to do nothing but beat Ganon. If you want to do that as fast as possible, filenames 2585 or BBp let you pick up a Deku Stick and go straight to Ganon. Of course you'll have to use ISG to damage him and keep your stick.

If you want an actual challenge, try doing an all bosses run or a bingo.

Ah. Neat!

I have been going for all bosses on my second run after I beat it a second time. I really love these weird hacks of games I know inside and out normal gameplay-wise even without knowing how to do most speedrun techniques.

• Locked thread