Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Hello again, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Does anything else interesting happen on the 0th day? Is it like the mythical 4th day? Also, there's a wacky thing you can do with the dying Zora if you move his body in a very specific location you didn't show off.

Spoiler: The "Zelda timeline" is an artificial attempt by a desperate fandom to weave together basic fairy tails into something more meaningful just so they can argue about it on the internet.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
The pictobox stores pictures as an I4 (4-bit grayscale) texture in RAM. Event flags for the picture aren't stored in that same block.

The twin towers did not collapse just from the plane -- steel beams don't melt at that temperature. It was a controlled demolition.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

DoctorKill posted:

There's no spoiler in this post, banned.

Spoiler: episode 6 will be 30 minutes of live footage of me slapping suspicious dish in the face

i can't believe you've done this

spoiler: you're a horrible jerkface

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Even still, he's gone onto using levitate cheats and savestates because he really, really, really doesn't want to edit anything out. It's actually quite pathetic.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I enjoyed the start of his series when he was having fun. But somewhere around the middle of a series he gets progressively more and more angry at video games.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also, related question -- why do you sometimes use bombs when you have plenty of chus left? Do you want to save your chus for later, or do they actually give you different heights or distances in your hover?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Do it and also try to give us a live insight into your routing process as the game continually fucks you over.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ammo values are not stored as part of your inventory slot. It's stored in a separate value, and the code for each weapon simply hardcodes that pointer address. The code for the bottle drop update is the only place with the offset bug.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I would joke vote for DONGs, but

I like this.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Artix posted:

This image never fails to make me smile. All in on Moon Moon.

eight character limit

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Vote tally since Mr. Kill told you guys about the umm, guy fuckup. You have a few more days to get your votes in. The two most popular votes are:

MoonMoon - 15
f commas - 11

I didn't count anything related to umm. guy or similar. If you want that, you should revote for it.

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 19, 2015

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can someone link to a Know Your Meme page which explains the joke? Thank you.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Changing my vote to JohnCena, because I like memes.

Updated tallies.

MoonMoon - 19
f commas - 17
JohnCena - 24 billion

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 21, 2015

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
You can't name the horse in this game, dummy!

Latest tallies:

MoonMoon - 21
f commas - 25
JohnCena - 1

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It baffles me why it was ever a signed int in the first place.

https://google.github.io/styleguide/cppguide.html#Integer_Types

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Since the bingo board doesn't accept actual strings, I had to do a bit of math to turn MoonMoon into a number.

Here's the code I used: parseInt('MoonMoon'.split('').map((a) => { return a.charCodeAt(0).toString(16) }).join(''), 16)

Basically, turn MoonMoon into hex, and then convert that to decimal.

Also, I spent nearly half of the recording session staring at Wikipedia's "List of trashy reality sex shows" looking for that dumb VH1 show, but I couldn't find it!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Python code golf?

Python code:
>>> int(''.join("%x"%ord(S)for S in'MoonMoon'),16)
... which shows that JavaScript had a numerical precision issue. drat it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
And I did it on the Wii version, which loses a very helpful trick in favor of waggle. I was a loving idiot.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Octatonic posted:

See, this here is the real trick. Recording and editing is a lot more work than blabbin on about pizza tumblrs.

:yeah:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
There's actually a spreadsheet tool if you want to track the exits it takes you to. Dr. Kill, M.D. was thinking of doing it like this before we realized it would be even more boring and unwatchable than the MM Randomizer... so of course we're recording a session this weekend.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
The two Stone Tower levels are indeed different -- Z_INISIE_N and Z_INISIE_R. I imagine the graphics between them is the same, but the collision is different. I could actually spend a bit of time adapting zelview to view MM scenes.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the game has places it uses more than one texture at the same time and blend between them, and my code doesn't implement that feature yet, because, honestly, look at all this trash. A project for a rainy day, I guess. But I've basically moved onto newer projects, like:

(and when I say "newer", the last time I touched any of this code was around a year ago, so...)

Basically, a thing about Nintendo formats is that since no game here is cross-platform, implementing a model viewer actually gets down to implementing 90% of the GPU for that platform.

Xenoveritas posted:

Sadly it doesn't work in Firefox.

Because I guess Firefox killed WebGL support while they were working on killing everything else that made Firefox worth using like extensions and themes.

Oh well.

I develop exclusively in Firefox, dude. Works for me?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Is...is there something you're not telling us, Doctor Kill? :ohdear:

No, I'm fine. Everything is fine. Dish has been taking care of everything.

edit: oops, wrong account

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm a strange quark kinda man myself.

• Locked thread