Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mak0rz posted:

I'll always crack up at the bank teller saying "Ah yes... Obama."

Me too...

Just caught up on this. Very cool LP. You have a great narration style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
ZELDUH

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
comrade

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
LISTEN

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
if we're doing doge memes, how bout

such hey

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I started playing MM 3ds again recently, and am reminded why I stopped in the first place. The changes they made to that game (versus the oot port) feel straight up destructive to the feel of the game. This ep reminded me because Dr Kill used the deku spin to accelerate into water hopping, which doesn't work nearly as well in 3ds, and they hosed up Odolwa by putting this stupid "weak spot" eye thing on his head so the only way to damage him is to drop deku nuts on him. It feels like a different game that shares assets with Majora's Mask.

Have any speedrunners devoted any effort to it, or were they put off by all the changes?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I laugh like a fuckin' maniac every time I see that Lenny Kravitz video and none of my friends or family understand why.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ninjewtsu posted:

tbh you're funny enough that i'd enjoy just watching you play a game you can't show off a million speedrun tricks of :v:

agreed. you're funny and pleasant to listen to so i'd watch you just play whatever your favorite games are.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That was crazy. You're playing this game at a level where I borderline expect you to just start placing actors wherever you want and calling event triggers on demand. Transform Majora's Mask into your own personal garry's mod.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Megaspel posted:

It's not entirely unprecedented. Someone made Mario Maker inside of Super Mario World by placing some shells in specific places and a lot of frame-perfect TAS inputs.

there's a different smw run where he uses the ace bug to program a game of snake using smw sprites. there's also a yoshi's (island?) run where he uses ace to program an entire shell with commands that launch different animations and games. it's really impressive what people can do with a little bit of assembly programming skill and a whole lot of free time.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

senrath posted:

The first three generations of Pokemon games all have some manner of ACE in them, although I think the version the Gen 3 games have is so convoluted and slow it's faster to beat the game normally, so the speedruns don't use it.

yeah there's a whole separate subculture of people who just hunt for aces in every game because that's fun to them. they don't really care if it enables a faster speedrun or not. they just want to manipulate code pages as a bunch of goo guns after falling off the screen in earthworm jim or whatever. i wish i had the patience for that kind of thing but programming's already my dayjob and i just can't muscle the willpower to do more, sometimes harder programming at home as a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
tables with human feet is a nice touch.

• Locked thread