Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ArcMage posted:

I've noticed several times you'll just drop a bomb, throw it off wherever, and then go do something unrelated, what's going on there? A misfire, or some sort of weird luck manipulation, or what?

He's activating Infinite Sword Glitch off it by interrupting a sword slash with picking up a bomb.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

So, with the getting into Snowhead trick, it sounded like if you fell off, you couldn't try it ever again. I'm assuming if you make your way back through a fairy fountain to the mountain top, then you get another try, right? It'd just take a lot of time.

Most of the time speedrunners will just abort runs if they make a major mistake that loses them a lot of time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DoctorKill posted:

Yeah I only know of one person who's actually done a Low% run and I have watched it, but I tuned away when he did the stone tower hover. It takes about 30-40 minutes of straight hovering, which is pretty bad. You would still do this method even now that they've found the owl glitch, because in low% you never get the song of soaring.

Do they count bomb and bomb bag as two separate items in a low%, then? I can't imagine why you'd use the mask over bombs if they weren't.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That sounds fantastic, please do it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I loved this LP, thanks for doing it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

icesoldier posted:

Gonna try throwing another word substitution in there and voting "I say".

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Megaspel posted:

It's not entirely unprecedented. Someone made Mario Maker inside of Super Mario World by placing some shells in specific places and a lot of frame-perfect TAS inputs.

Check this one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Megaspel posted:

Reminds me a lot of the pokemon GBC game glitches. I couldn't find the specific bug I was thinking about that involves faffing with inventory item order and stuff since there are so many bugs for those games.

Yeah the R/B 151 pokemon speedrun uses arbitrary execution like that to spawn pokemon you can't catch in that version. Some runs use more of it, but it's evidently really easy to gently caress up and crash your game.

• Locked thread