Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
MM3D is a nice enough speedgame, or at least its any% is. Very different from MM of course. The small changes in mechanics aren't really a big deal in the long run (for example, you can do a sidehop if you want a bigger water hopping boost but I agree that it made no sense to remove that "feature") and there are plenty of new glitches to make up for the lack of bomb hovering and stuff. Unfortunately, they fixed enough stuff that all the categories are now slower (any% by ~15min, all masks by ~20min and 100% by ~1 hour), and there's at least one particular glitch very useful in any% that basically requires you to use a New 3DS (or an old one with a Circle Pad Pro if I'm not mistaken).

The bosses are of course harder when you can't just spam them dead, with Gyorg's second form being particularly annoying due to some RNG, but it is what is. For a casual playthrough I think I actually prefer MM3D in the end.

The fact that it's pretty drat expensive to stream 3DS games doesn't help the community though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

DoctorKill posted:

What glitch is that?

The Milk Bar clip with mask jumps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRk-QU6ZXgc

Although to be honest I haven't seen a run in a while, so I'm not 100% sure it's still in the route and the ZSR route page just hasn't been updated yet.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Captain Bravo posted:

So, I don't really know a lot about Majora's Mask speedrunning, but why did you guys red out "3 Temple Compasses"? You got one, and there were still two temples left, right? How come you can't get the other two? Or is it something about the randomizer that prevents you from getting three compasses?

From what I've seen people use it, red doesn't really have a fixed meaning in the bingo board. Seemed like in this case they were using it just to signify "a part of this goal has been done".

Another way to use red would be in, say, OoT Beta Quest (aka. entrance randomizer) bingo where some people use it to mark a goal that has become technically possible to finish with the current inventory and knowledge of entrances.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Xenoveritas posted:

Sadly it doesn't work in Firefox.

Because I guess Firefox killed WebGL support while they were working on killing everything else that made Firefox worth using like extensions and themes.

Oh well.

It even works on Firefox mobile.

Although obviously you can't do much without a keyboard.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Ledgem posted:

On the subject of beta quest; it actually seems really easy to beat? I recently tried it and won on two separate files relatively quickly as all you need are three things; a warp to kokiri forest for the sword, a warp to ganon's tower to somehow get the master sword (it even lets child link equip it for some reason) and the warp to the final battle.

Dying in the tower collapse automatically puts the Master Sword on B (regardless of whether you have it or not) because of the Ganon fight: if you happened to die during the first phase when your sword has been knocked away you would become swordless, so the developers decided to fix that problem by forcing the Master Sword onto you.

And yeah, BQ can be pretty short and easy if your aim is to do nothing but beat Ganon. If you want to do that as fast as possible, filenames 2585 or BBp let you pick up a Deku Stick and go straight to Ganon. Of course you'll have to use ISG to damage him and keep your stick.

If you want an actual challenge, try doing an all bosses run or a bingo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

DoctorKill posted:

You can't use ISG without a shield. But you don't need ISG to beat Ganon! All you need is a single, broken deku stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6wrOR92ck

Oops yeah

Now I feel silly

• Locked thread