Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I believe that the reason why the aliens all died at the 0th day glitch is because those aliens aren't supposed to live when it becomes dawn. So they're only meant to be "alive" at night, when this minigame is going on, and when you complete it by surviving until dawn, all remaining aliens just get killed offscreen as soon as dawn breaks. Since you changed it to Dawn through the 0th day, they all died and you won! Congratulations link! :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

[Please don't post spoilers, especially not Metal Gear Solid V spoilers. :confused: -Jordan]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DoctorKill posted:

Haha oh poo poo, sorry death .cab, I didn't mean for that to happen. Just know that this is absolutely not my fault and that I'm completely blameless.

I hold you responsible for these actions despite you not directly causing them. This is just like when it was found out that Big Boss was actually the leader of Outer Heaven. :mad:

ATTN: JordanKai that is a spoiler for the game Metal Gear, for the MSX.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So since this thread got me probated can I guest on an episode so I can stare slack-jawed at you breaking this game while saying MGSV spoilers the entire time?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Deal, buster.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Holy poo poo, yeah, I would watch the hell out of that. Anything that involves more Majora's Mask is a great idea.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Secret of Evermore LP kinda exploits the game, but in a minor way. Sort of. It's basically Kaz harnessing the power of demons to further his pact with the great lord through the power of accidentally underflow -> overflow integers in game code, but it's still breaking the game in half but still progressing normally. Not major game breaking, just some good ol-fashioned game breaking.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My vote is for "fucker" or "Hitler ", or possibly just "Lunk"

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

smax posted:

Question: what are the chances that a seed results in an unwinnable condition?

Unwinnable: Impossible. It will always be doable.

Frustrating Beyond Belief: The entire Kafei questline takes multiple key items in order to properly complete and may very well have those items locked behind dungeons or otherwise difficult to access areas. The Couple's Mask could be swapped with an important item needed to complete the game. :unsmigghh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

MoonMoon

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

I remember way back when this all started with OOT how nervous you were.

:allears:

I think you've got it.

Hubris! Hubris I say :tinfoil:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I feel like MM Randomizer Bingo races aren't a thing, they should be

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I can do Friday, any time all day, as long as we wrap before 10 PM CST. You already have me on skype

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DoctorKill posted:

You should log in then, because I sent you a message before I made that post and you haven't been online since!

So I did technically ask death .cab first, but if he doesn't show up or something you can be a backup! I'm in MST (GMT-7), and my Skype is on the first page somewhere.

Slype destroys my CPU so i havent been on in a bit. Should be all good to go though.

Also, why not both?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DoctorKill posted:

Yes there is but it's a much different one. A guy named mzxrules, who has done a lot of Ocarina of Time code dissection, made a romhack that randomized all the entrance values of the game and called it Beta Quest. So any time you go into a loading zone, instead of going where it's supposed to take you, you end up at a random other entrance. That makes it a much different experience.

And yes, I did think about doing an LP, but I think Beta Quest is much less oriented toward doing one, because there's a lot of dead time where you're just going in and out of entrance after entrance, just trying to find a useful area. It can also take a really long or really short time to complete: if I want to beat all the bosses, that can take 6-8 hours, but if I want to beat Ganon, that could potentially happen in 10 minutes. I couldn't really think of a good focus for it.

"Map a new Hyrule until Dish opens fanfiction.net out of boredom. Race to finish before the author obviously did in their own hand."

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just wanna s/o to Simon for refusing to end an LP video without saying "Thank you for your attention", that's some dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I look forward to MoonMoon's X7 randomizer playthrough, hit me up to guest of you require false stress over audio and/or a new avatar

• Locked thread