Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I assume it just saves picture information from the current frame that's loaded into memory at the time of taking the picture, as well as any extra information related to what's in the picture if the game needs to pretend to react to something in the image. Nothing you would be able to change in the way you describe, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Lowtax

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

MoonMoon, because gently caress f commas.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I'm too lazy to look but I thought Link wasn't a valid choice?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Well clearly since the screenshot was posted that means everything is a lie and nobody can be trusted anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

That would be the logical way to do it. When you activate or open a chest, have a flag that makes a dummy chest appear/open on the ceiling of the counterpart map. Very straightforward. It's pretty clearly a different map as enemy and item layouts and other effects (water, skylights, wind, lava, etc) change between the two. What doesn't make any goddamn sense at all is why the "dummy" chests are fully functional and contain the items found in their right-side-up counterparts. That is just really puzzling to me. I don't get it at all :psyduck:

I'm sure some data miner in the game's community knows the answer. I'd be interested to learn it!

I dunno, I think it would probably be pretty easily and handily explained by someone taking the contents of the map and flipping them all.

• Locked thread