Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can’t stop listening to The Protomen. I’ve known about this band and their Mega Man-inspired tunes for years now, but I never really gave them a chance until ''Light Up the Night'' popped up during a Rock Band 4 set. Turns out that song is perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I like the band name. Will check them out. Thanks IT.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm listening to Act 1 (FULL ALBUM) right now. Good. poo poo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i've got this burning in my veins like its filled with nothing but gasoline.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slash Man ripped my flesh! Rrr!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The adventures of Duane and Brando - Megaman 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Solemnly* I'm just so tired of all these Wily Wars.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
protomen are hella rad and if you get the chance to see them live don't pass it up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Finally I can empathize and listen to black people music now that they are about videogames

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Finally I can empathize and listen to black people music now that they are about videogames

https://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/album/chrono-jigga

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i like the state v. thomas light

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=938gSDsv1KQ
ps i listened to the protomen too but i dont anymore owned

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i dont listen to rock and roll music.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i dont listen to rock and roll music.

I want a new DJ Hero way way more than a new Rock Band.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704505&userid=210831&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post451096025

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The Protomen are the best videogame fanfiction ever written

and also

Pladdicus posted:

if you get the chance to see them live don't pass it up.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

TrojanNemo posted:

I alone have spent nearly $1000 just in preparation for RB4.

jesus christ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's not "omg we're porting a billion songs, have patience" and that's not "omg we have no funding so we had to cut features" - that's just someone loving up, not doing their job right, and uploading Jane - Jefferson Starship multiple times.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the frustrated product lover

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that guy loves rock band so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are double digit posters complaining in that thread that it took nearly a full evening to download 1000 Rock Band songs that they purchased 8 years ago.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

There are double digit posters complaining in that thread that it took nearly a full evening to download 1000 Rock Band songs that they purchased 8 years ago.

if you look at the previous page of that guys post history in that thread less than a week ago he was making posts like this defending rock band from people annoyed that 4 is missing a bunch of features 3 had, and then hes freaking out crying on release day because he cant download babymetal

"God, I love Rock Band, and I love most of the community around it, but this community definitely has, by far, the most whiny, entitled, and self-absorbed members I've ever come across."

"Point being, people are entitled as gently caress and will complain about the most minute thing. If you make a list of things of what is not in RB4, people will complain and demand all those things. Even if they're things that were never used."

"The reading comprehension in this thread is mind boggling.

If you guys just want to hate on Harmonix and not actually read what people write or use the two functioning brain cells you have left, there's the door. This is not the thread for you.

If you bothered to read what I write, it has nothing to do, at all, with what either of you took from it."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

there was a long running rock band megathread on neogaf that was so bad that eventually the mods closed it and banned rock band discussion, when this happened many of the posters registered here

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i didnt know there was a rock band 2

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wait a minute, op. Light Up The Night is in rock band? Where do I go to buy this game?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I like the other video game rock guys more. I dunno their name because I haven't listened to them in like 10 years. Alright. Bye.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I figured out the name of the band from my earlier post. It's The Minibosses. Alright. See ya.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Just an update to my post from before. The Nintendo band that I used to listen to back in high school was actually The Advantage, not The Minibosses, although The Minibosses is probably better, but that's not actually the one I was thinking of earlier, that was The Advantage. Okay. Later.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pladdicus posted:

protomen are hella rad and if you get the chance to see them live don't pass it up.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

there was a long running rock band megathread on neogaf that was so bad that eventually the mods closed it and banned rock band discussion, when this happened many of the posters registered here

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Awesom

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i didnt know there was a rock band 2

It's the only one I ever owned and I played so much drums that I wore through all the pads and had to eventually get a new set. Rock band kicks rear end but the set list in 4 seemed disappointing at first glance. Maybe if there's 2000 DLC songs I can get but that's extremely expensive and likely tedious to look through all that crap and find stuff I want to play. They got a goddamn Lightning Bolt song though which is probably epic on Expert drums.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

W00t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like Rock Band a lot but I'm unsure about buying the new one

• Locked thread