Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TwoQuestions posted:

So now we just watch everyone else watch in horror as Jagg kills the universe? Even with Gog they'd have probably lost, and now he's stronger than he was then.
WC beating Solomon was a huge rear end-pull, but the outcome was cool enough to overlook the hard fact that she should have been smolted right there if not for the plot armor.

Why Jagg pissed about in his weaker form and didn't kill Solomon (and his whole planet) by surprise is really puzzling to me. Even if Gog would have gotten away, he'd have Solomon's key and be able to take her and the rest. The fight would have been over before the combatants knew it was on, and he isn't characterized as the giant moron every other demiurge is.

Also:

Calling what happened with White Chain plot armor is stupid and reductive as hell.

As for the second part, as far as Jagganoth is concerned his victory is completely inevitable and unstoppable. He doesn't need subtly or subterfuge because trying to stop him is like an ant trying to stop an avalanche. Better to offer the chance to die quickly and cleanly and save everyone the trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Incubus using the universal white Midwesterner signal that you're leaving

VVVVVVV

"I got a, oof, just a heck of a drive."

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 13, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
[Diamond] has clearly crash quite hard

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Brought To You By posted:

Also props to Incubus. When staring down certain death or at least having his body crushed as his immortal head becomes Jagganoth's newest piercing (I won't begin to guess where) he had the gumption to just laugh.

I mean he's a student of Meti, he always knew his death was always going to be horrible and violent just like his life. Best to just face it with a smile at the absurdity of it all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

i mean zoss has been dead this whole time and he seems to be loving it

Is he? He seems pretty miserable to me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

can't believe this whole comic was building up to an It Hurts shout-out. looks like gob hit the big time!

And I'm glad that Jaddis also appreciated such a great comic and took her to go read through the archives together.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's probably the most correct read IMO

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

habeasdorkus posted:

actual edit: Huh, I just realized that Allison is a gold star lesbian. Thanks for the save, Zoss!

This is bi erasure, prepare to be cancelled

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Strength Beyond Strength is a rarely used ability of the Sword of Omens, granting Lion-O the ability to perform exceptional feats of physical prowess.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Partly metal, partly reeeeaaaalll

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It was one singular post, chill.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it not common knowledge that Lewis Carol was a freakish weirdo both by the standards of his time and ours?

E:

I meant CS Lewis but Lewis Carroll is just as bad if not worse.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 18, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You have to prove yourself as a master of one of the 1,000,0001 Arts Martial to be invited. Display your Ultimate Forbidden Art: Supreme Style attack

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He is a filthy garbage stink boi because he has a filthy garbage stink soul

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ThaumPenguin posted:

the what now

Don't ask me, I haven't a clue

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Forgive me father for I have WAH'd"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Guys I think Jadis might not actually be as omniscient as she claims

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
They look normal-sized to me :shrug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Anti-Aircraft cock

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

7c Nickel posted:

I guess I've run into too many stories that do this and then go, "This is deep right? Really makes you think?"

Literally the entire point of the comic is about punching destiny and causality in the cock and you seriously think that it's going to wind up that no actually that's not how it works and change the entire message to be that everything is futile? Did you even read the comic or did you just start in the last five pages?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

habeasdorkus posted:

Second to last panel here. I believe Zoss does all the title drops.

Where do we see Incubus also see Zoss?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kwyndig posted:

Those are dead gods though, it's unlikely that they possess the volition to actually do anything besides bear a word that can be taken from them.

I thought only Metatron knew the words of God, which Zoss tortured out of him

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Potato Salad posted:

warhammer 6,000k

You need three more zeros

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You know I've been thinking and it's just plain dumb to speculate about Jadis considering what we know for a fact Solomon David had the biggest chest of them all

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Royalty is stored in the tits

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why wouldn't I trust the chemicals in my brain? I mean besides my crippling mental illnesses

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niavmai posted:

i dont think so. would sorta undermine the stated concept of complete invulnerability. the most they were ever able to do was delay and contain him. that's kinda the point. he won't ever be defeated by strength.

Every demiurge has been shown to either be lying about or overestimating their powers and I don't see any reason why Jag would be any different.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Masters who are trapped and caged and miserable with cracks like fault lines just underneath the surface

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niavmai posted:

this is not true at all, every demiurge has been shown to be exactly as it says on the label. not a single one overstated.

this does not invalidate their claims to rulership in the least.

I'm not doubting their rule I'm doubting their omnipotence

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niavmai posted:

none claimed omnipotence? certainly not in the traditional sense.

Oh my god I was being flowery, I don't think Jagg is actually invulnerable, just really really really really resistant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niavmai posted:

but that's wrong, he literally is invulnerable. your words seem to conflict with themselves. invulnerability is not akin to omnipotency, and your initial point was "they were lying about their powers," which once again, not one of them has done so.

Invulnerable people don't get swords stabbed into their breast.

And yes, they have all lied or told half truths. Solomon and Mottom are not the god kings that they claim to be. Mammon is no king either, he is beyond broken before the comic even begins. Incubus is a rat both figuratively and nigh literally, Jadis is very obviously lying right now to Allison's face to try and get her to believe in Jadis's form of nihilistic existentialism.

Allison has consistently uprooted every Demiurges' sense of self and suplexed it into the ground. But Jagganoth is definitely for real invulnerable this time, for sure.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 13, 2022