Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Mentalizer posted:

Is there any particular reason (other than Zoss' God-like powers) that he shouldn't be able to? According to 6 Juggernaut's story he didn't become 'true royalty' (at which point he ascended to his position as king of all creation/new God) until he spoke to Metatron. If he was able to smite the prime angels before acquiring the full power of Yisun then it seems like an igneous angel should be able to cut his head off, God-king or not. But maybe there's some detail I missed or forgot, or I'm misinterpreting the story (which, being a goon, is quite possible).

It just seems unlikely in the context of what we know about Zoss' absurd level of supernatural badassery.

At the moment I'm inclined to believe Zoss let it happen. I fully expect it to be more complicated than that by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm sort of surprised how with only a few exceptions random internet nerds have nailed the style, either operant is actually a sorceror bending cosmic laws to his will or he's moderating the poo poo out of 10,000 "first"s and discussions on which demons are the most fuckable ever time he updates

A narrow perspective. Both are true.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

How long has Allison been sort of simmering/mildly on fire? :crossarms:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Kill Six Billion Demons is often made out to be way way more confusing than it actually is and I don't know why.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Of the comments-suggestions, I'm leaning towards "Lightweight"

It's gonna be Tuxedo Mask tho :allears:

God I hope so.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

It's probably a mix of respect, awe, and fear; what she did to bind Princess probably shouldn't have been possible, especially for a devil of that power. They probably realize better than the magi that poo poo's going to go down, now that they've seen her in action.

That's what I took from it. The way they're all chanting "Hail" as she departs leads me to believe that the demons/devils, more than anyone, grasp that poo poo Has Gotten Real.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I wonder if Auntie Maya is the mentor figure Cio's fanfic is looking for.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cryophage posted:

WHAT RINGS HAVEN THA, WHELPLING?

JAGGANOTHS RING AND FAVOR AND PROTECTION

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BECOME UNNNNSTOPPABLE

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

y'ever been so mad you just rip your own face off?

All the time.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

alisson lookin a bit zossy

im hype

That looks more like

The boyfriend, somehow having obtained the Key, and gone more than a little nutty, to me.

Which is worrying in itself.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Zaid has brown eyes, just sayin'

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd1-7/

:shrug:

They look blue in that one, and are indistinct cartoon pinpricks in the one before it. I'd prefer to be wrong in any event, but that seems to be where my uncertainty is stemming from.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Your way works too posted:

Are you maybe a little color blind? His eyes are not blue at all there. His eyes still could be blue if maybe this is a lighting thing but they do not a appear blue at all in the comic you posted.

Nope, know for a fact I'm not. In the lighting of that scene, you'd expect his eyes to be a fair bit darker if they were brown. They look indistinct, but on the blue side given the shade on the upper half of his face.

Edit: For clarity's sake, the preceding pages make it fairly obvious they're not supposed to be blue. This is just an explanation for why I thought so originally. I was referencing just this particular anomalous page.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

snucks posted:

Has it been revealed who owns Allison's earth?

No one. The Second Conquest was not finished, Allison's Earth is in one of the unconquered universes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Scrree posted:

I didn't notice at first, but I'm pretty sure that Mottom's steward is a gold-masked devil.

Allison is in way over her head

When has this not been true

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Jagganoth's secret is that he never missed leg day once, in an entire kalpa.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

:perfect:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm mostly amazed at the fact that Mottom seems to have contented herself with just one husband.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Mottom is the most fun Demiurge there is. Usually.

Now is one of those times.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Wittgen posted:

We already saw him kill big king dude. Maybe he just doesn't give a poo poo?

I suspect the only reason he was able to kill Zoss is that Zoss plainly didn't give a gently caress anymore. At no point does he try to defend himself, or even seem perturbed by death.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

Zoss was betrayed and beaten at that point. It seemed like more of an execution.

Are you really beaten if you treat decapitation as a mild inconvenience? :shrug:

If anything it seems like Juggernaut was the one thwarted. He thought he was killing the King of Kings like a huge badass, when the King in fact just couldn't care less for definitions like "alive" or "dead" anymore because they're irrelevant to him.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Zoss is hardly the only unusually active dead guy kicking around Throne; presumably Juggernaut Star et al. were aware that that might not be completely the end of him but he can be assumed to be out of the running for mastery over the multiverse at this point

Right, but there's a difference between being out of the running due to loss of power and being out of the running because you've apparently obtained some kind of Enlightenment and no longer give a poo poo about your previous position as Grand High Poobah of All Creation.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Then again, let's take a second to remember what 6 Juggs was doing when we first met him. What was it? Ah, yes, killing the King of the Universe.

Who neither cared about being killed nor stayed dead.

It wasn't a battle, it was an inconvenience.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

Oh so the villain was feminism all along.

Is this where we get people coming into the thread outraged that the comic that has featured White Chain's struggles with gender identity acceptance has feminist overtones. Because Mottom finally made it obvious enough that it could penetrate even the thickest of skulls?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hiveminded posted:

The more of Mottom that we see, the more I get the feeling Abaddon got at least some inspiration from the accounted life of Cixi.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/cixi-the-woman-behind-the-throne-22312071/?no-ist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Dowager_Cixi

I really should have caught onto this sooner given that I studied Cixi not long ago. Now that you mention it I feels obvious.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

See what I don't get is why she has to topple the thrones afterwards. Like, that's somebody's craftsmanship right there, you can just push it to the back of the room, there's no need to be a dick.

We don't know how many Gokus Maya is yet, though. Could she solo Six Juggs? Could she solo Mom Om?

Probably not why do you think she brought the guild of nerds? This is clearly a 25M Mythic Mother Om run.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I'm skeptical that this is really Zoss, and Allison choosing to embrace power like this is going to lead to dark places. This whole Mottom thing screams foreshadowing. She's even embracing power via killing the same dude.

I don't think power is inherently bad in this story. It's been pretty repeatedly critical of those who do not have the courage to act, and per Zoss' explanation and our own observation Allison's power directly correlates to her willingness to take action. She's not "embracing" power, she's gaining power by virtue of doing.

Mottom is someone who embraced power and was defined by it, true power comes from defining the world and yourself.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 25, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

All this Mottom backstory and the ridiculously intricate artwork that went into it is there for more than just making Mottom a cool and interesting character and foreshadowing seems like the most likely reason.

edit: re: your edit, that I can get and it may be the difference, but I think allison's going to a dark place before she goes to a good one and that its going to mirror mottom's journey

This whole thing really reminds me a whoooole lot of Aldia's ruminations in Scholar of the First Sin.

Not one of the Demiurges is a true ruler. The universe has cut them a shape, and they fill it, but they do not wield names as Zoss did and Allison aspires to.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 25, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Still suspect Maya is an enemy. She's positioned to mirror Jagganoth, and her pose suggests that she might be taking a big swing at our heroes.

Abbadon directly referred to her as an antagonist when posting a sketch of Maya soooo yeah.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

They refer to each other as "brother" all the time so there is a bit of a tilt there.

K6BD Angels are basically white libertarians smugly declaring that they don't like, SEE, race man :smugdog:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder where and why Allison had this change of heart. I would have thought she'd still be rattled from her narrow escape from death and still want to be rid of her power.

I think Mottom being pitiably garbage has inspired Allison to try to not be pitiable garbage :911:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

God, you can see Princess ETC. just... seething as she peels that carrot.

Ten bucks says she was supposed to help cook, but peeling carrots was the only thing she could reliably do (since Ebons generally don't have to cook for themselves, I would imagine), so she's just sitting there with her little knife, working through the vegetables with agonizing slowness, fantasizing about Vladoking out on the entire skyship.

She's going to turn into a pillar of salt at this rate.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Understandable motivation from Princess, though he basically did suicide as Vladok when he unbound himself. Probably was a surprise to still be sentient.

May or may not actually remember that part, is my guess.

Since, ya know, they went from drunken fury to devolving into formless chaos very quick.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder if Allison is going to reveal that Zoss has been speaking to her here or not. It'd probably shock White Chain (and everyone else), and might clue her in on her masters being wrong.

I don't know. I don't think Allison is going to just buy this and go, "oh, okay, I'm not going to be king anymore", at least.

Yeah I do hope she says something to the effect of "yeah well if Zaid is the successor then why does Zoss keep talking to me"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

Looking again at the prophesy image on the block of ice containing...whatshername (Jadis?), it appears that Jagganoth is allied with Allison, Cio, White Chain, and Maya against the rest of the seven.

Jagganoth and Maya are kind of off to the sides on their own. I took it to indicate that they are independent antagonists, which would fit with what we've seen thus far.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

hey girl you up posted:

This post with Operant has him now claiming Allison pulled the needle out the entire time. We know he’s telling the truth because he’s been saying this from the very beginning, right?

No, of course not. Up until this interview he’s talked about it as a change to “fix” the character.

I guess we call call this “Allison Pulled the Needle Out Excuse: The Special Edition”. He’s gone back to his own excuses and edited them to make them “better”. Much like the Star Wars: Special Edition changes all he’s doing is pointing out how terribly his thought processes works.

First, let’s compare two versions (there are multiple versions of the changes, this just has one):

In the original there’s only speedlines from the angel's head, no signal to the audience at all that Allison moved anything. If he meant for viewers to know Allison didn't develop telekinesis, first his storytelling ability is worse than Stephan Meyer’s. At least in Twilight we know who is doing what, even though we don’t care because it’s terrible.

:golfclap:

I almost fell for it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I laughed at Princess' sheer "lets be real here" expression as she/he lays down the cold hard facts :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Smug really isn't the right word. That's mischievous.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Her speech bubbles have changed color. Deliberate or mistake?

Perhaps it indicates having run out of fucks to give

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Allison is done with being what circumstance and people want or need her to be and it rules.

I cannot wait to see that crown fully form :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

Eeeeeh, this also is showing glimpses or perhaps not the most righteous of kings.

There are things that need doing and Allison means to do them. She does not have the time or inclination, nor should she, to coddle a devil who has been using her and insulting her every step of the way no matter how adorable they may be.