Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
New update!

Either Metatron is powered by sacrifices or that was some really fortuitous timing on his part. I feel like we might get some insight into angel naming if we don't cut away to 1 Allison Makes Bad Decisions, Continuously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

New update everyone!

In which we learn that Allison might have a self-esteem problem :(

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I would like to know more about this 'name' system, specifically how you lose names and become more powerful.

Also a bit fuzzy on exactly how the pacts work and suchlike (will Allison be carrying that mark around for the rest of the story? Do humans just sort of accumulate them?), but I'm content to let to story go on. It's weird world-building bits and bobs like this that really make K6BD a joy to read.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

shout out to the sad demon who is experiencing the chaotic black flame equivalent of having your new car stolen.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

Also wow, she's only been dating Zaid for three weeks? Not even a full month and she's on a dimension-spanning quest to rescue him, wow.
It's like the decent thing to do, plus this is the best excuse to "reluctantly" go on a multiverse-spanning adventure chopping dudes up and learning magic.

"oh why i'm here? yeah i'm uh, going to rescue a friend of mine...zack...or something. anyway show me that thing with the pierced stone and the bottles again"

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Ah, 83 White Chain What Is This Body This Is Just Wine Bottles With A Few Holes Drawn On Them In Marker

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I love that there's apparently a significant contingent of angels who are like "yeah gently caress the Law, we're just going to hang in the void and gossip"

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I also like how everyone's been giving her non-stop "who the gently caress is this lady and what did she do to the last one"

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I thought I saw a link to the Q&A tumblr but I instantly lost it. Can someone post it again?

atomicthumbs posted:

calling it now: while jagganoth may be the most physically powerful of the seven, mammoth is the most actually powerful because he's financing all of them
Presumably Mammoth also has a way to deal with people who attempt to default on their loans, when those people have varying levels up power, up to and including the other six demiurges.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'd imagine that there's a soft maximum of one Rebellious Stand Against The Queen per day, as what happens next probably puts off anyone within vision range.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Two hundred chests of bone, that's good stuff! Pre-cleaned of flesh and everything.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

*extremely Jagganoth voice* THE THING IS IF YOU CONSIDER THE KEY AS A MULTIPLICATIVE ENHANCEMENT RATHER THAN AN ADDITIVE ONE-

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

While Allison is being very prudent about not eating or drinking anything, I can't help but feel like she should indulge a little bit. Look at that tomato soup! Thousands of people died to bring you that!

I also think that the reality of what happens to the maids is probably just that Mottom's operation takes thousands, if not millions, of people to run and it's not like they can quit so they just disappear somewhere into her palace.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I didn't even realize it until I went back and checked but yeah, Mottom only serves Allison that little sliver. I'm sure that in the past she babified someone for kicks.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

hi i can't sleep and i got this extremely stupid stuck joke in my head

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

New comic!

Honestly a cup of tea would probably do him some good right now.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Oh poo poo. I thought the notes about the Maybe Sword was just wishful thinking but it's confirmed!

The Maybe Sword is a weapon from The Scar by China Mieville where, when activated, the sword slices along every single path it could take up to a certain probability. A classically trained swordsman would find the Maybe Sword almost useless, as they aim for precision with every strike. A novice would quickly suffer a mortal would, as their inexperience means the sword cuts in every direction. A properly wielded Maybe Sword requires a combination of mastery and instinct. In that book at least, but it can certainly explain the first scene while she was eating noodles.

e: VV :doh: Well, alright. It's still my guess. The Might Sword, but renamed to avoid copyright issues.

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 5, 2016

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the arc to end with Mottom begging for a mercy-killing.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"you've got something on your face james"

"i'm not falling for this poo poo again"

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

My favorite recurring joke is Solomon and his varying amounts of facial hair we see in every flashback.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Oh no there were two pages oh noooooo

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Xand_Man posted:

There are plants!

Glad to see behold that, while Jadis might throw you into the God Machine against your will, she at least keeps her promises!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Forget all that, it looks like Allison is finally Choosing Breakfast!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'm sorry if this makes me thick but...White Chain's alive?! Did she get split off in a different direction at the last fight then and found her own way back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

I love herrrrrrrrrrrrr

So much good art on this page. The extremely gay dance. The extremely unnerving shot of Gog-Agog's face lit from behind after Allison asks how many times it's been reset - dead, joyless eyes and smile. The spotlight overhead, blinding, so blinding it erases the marks on Gog's face to the point that she goes from looking inhuman and unfocused to startlingly sober and beautiful. Gazing into the light unflinching, even as Allison squints away from it.

Also yeah I feel like the answer is Gog. Now to just convince her to do it again.

The last shot when she says "three" and the lights come on is fantastic.