Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Superstring posted:

See where the organic food craze has led you, hippies?!

Does murdertreefruit count as vegetarian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Aurium posted:

Also the demiurges have 111,111 world apiece, so they can also overlook a world for a long time.

They have 111,111 universes. If they can magic their way through space, they've got infinite worlds.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, true, but apparently not all universes are equal in K6BD. Some might just be literally one world, while others might be more like ours, and others are just loving weird.

A universe full of shrimp?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Also I sincerely hope another big-rear end melee like the one in the last chapter happens in the tree room, where a dozen angry badasses duke it out while simultaneously trying to capture or kill Allison with White Chain defending her while Mottom is distracted by 6 Juggernaut Star.

With people gulping down murdertreefruit as if they were senzu beans.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Do indirect kills count? Mottoms court may descend into civil war, killing loads.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

What if the cougar trains?

With what, weighted fur?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Are they chasing Allison or fleeing wrathful angels?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

For her next trick, watch as she cuts some atoms.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Mottom's in the market for a new butt fruit tree. You do not want to become the new butt fruit tree.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Operant posted:

Hey nerds, it's me, KSBD guy (Tom/Abbadon).

Image just put up the promotion for the book coming out so I guess it's a good idea as any to pop in the thread if you guys have any questions, wild speculation, etc you want to throw my way.

How planned out is the story? Do you know how it'll end and how you'll get there? Or will this story end up being finished by tv execs like Game of Thrones?

A game of YISUN.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Tetracube posted:

Why did Mottom's husband grow into an immortal butt peach tree? Is that something the comic is ever going to explore

The husband was the real sorcerer, who wielded untold power. He got tired of his wife's nagging about flowers and a garden, so he taught her how to create them on her own. Mottom then discovered nothing stopped her from creating them in people.

(This is how I choose to believe it happened)

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

JT Jag posted:

I'm going to go ahead and guess that Maya cornering Allison and the other 107 burning stars catching up to her and interrupting whatever she's trying to do is going to be something that's gonna happen multiple times.

The kung fu tournament is going to be these guys duking it out to see who gets to fight Allison. Allison will then murder the winner while they're still recovering.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

This is like the elaborate Star Wars trivia about characters that spent half a second on screen.

But good.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

A surprising number of these guys survived the first fight to make it to the current one.

If you are confident enough to join the brawl for the biggest power in creation, you've probably got skills to back up that confidence.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He is an ex-king.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Or, maybe Mottom's just too busy feeling sorry for her newly mortal self to maintain the iron will needed to keep the place afloat.

My guess is that rampant magic abuse isn't healthy for a person's body, which she solved with buttfruits. She's gotta conserve her power now, or she'll disintegrate. Which also means she's considerably weaker and can be a target.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Maybe don't always show the the crate bashing someone. Just have the crate be somewhere in the background, to present the threat of bashing.

The crate should show signs of wear, repair, occasional combat and adventure, though. Maybe at one point it shows up with a fancy hat it stole off a demon?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Jesus, anybody between Allison and Juggs is 100% hosed.

He had a deal, he lost the race to Allison so he can't touch her. He'll be angry, so everyone is hosed.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

They are not terrified of juggs right now, and juggs hasn't seen whatever.

:getin:

They remember Juggs as being this weird angel obsessed with teacups.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Normally you have to take Juggernaut to half health before he enters his second phase but if you come into the room with a piece of the Teacup set it activates immediately

If you want to skip the Wheel-Dodge phase, you need to put up more dots.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

I have just come to a realization! This scroll by Broken Sword contains no secrets of his swordsmanship. What this reveals is his highest ideal. In the first state, man and sword become one and each other. Here, even a blade of grass can be used as a lethal weapon. In the next stage, the sword resides not in the hand but in the heart. Even without a weapon, the warrior can slay his enemy from a hundred paces. But the ultimate ideal is when the sword disappears altogether. The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains.

So what you're saying is that the desire to kill has been cut?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

7 Juggernaut Nova

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe juggs has a secret technique where he wants to be split up :ohdear:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Whorelord posted:

of course, if the next villain that enters the comic dominates Maya that would be hilarious

If the comic takes that direction, I will lose faith in its awesomeness. Because if every next threat is so much bigger and badder, we're going back to power levels and comparisons with DBZ.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

yeah maya is a poo poo student because she Cuts, not because she is bad at Cutting.

Blind Duke posted:

Presumably there's a bunch of happy farmers and fishers out there with families who actually mastered the art of Cutting, but they know well enough to avoid this god king nonsense

Can farmers use tools to harvest, or does swinging a scythe count as Cutting? Or do they reap all the wheat in one motion?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

There are mythological wheel angels in the bible, so it'd not be without precedent.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Both the armor and the wheels and the skeletons and the bike and everything else are a ruse; Juggs' real body is a tea cup.

Juggs' real body is tea.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maya conquered lots of worlds. But she did so by Cutting and often got carried away, cleaving entire worlds. Not a lot of power to be had when you only rule broken husks of planets.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

NachtSieger posted:

What if the halves turn into two separate Juggs :supaburn:

One evil and insane, the other good and insane?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She'll serve Mottom some coffee, Mottom will lament she won't live long enough to conquer earth for endless coffee and that's that.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Nice try gang, but unfortunately your plan relied on Allison not having shattered limbs so she could jump to the ship and teleport your asses out before Mottom goes nuclear.

I think you'll find Mottom opposes Nuclear and is a firm supporter of Flower Power.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

She's gonna bitchslap Mottom again, but using the full power of the key.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

All the demiurges are insane because only a lunatic could believe they het to rule all of creation.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

If anything she's supposed to be the Hopeless Boss Fight that shows the protagonist his/her fighting skills are woefully lacking compared to the big players and the best they can do is escape for now.

I think in Allison's case, every boss is going to be a hopeless boss fight, only winning through blind luck and being underestimated.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Poltergrift posted:

As they revert to youth, Mottom must prevent them from getting up to any antics, leading to the new K6BD spinoff "108 Itty Bitty Stars"

At least a few died, so I don't know if the number 108 holds up.

Unless those guards really did join up with the gang and it is just a revolving cast, as long as it adds up to 108.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Kaninrail posted:

I wish I had enough self discipline to let a backlog of K6BD build up so I'd have a bunch to read, but I just can't not click every time it updates.

Drink shitloads, start reading from the beginning?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Yep. Apparently, Solomon David tries to find someone who can beat him every year (he can't of course.)

The Solomon Games Saga?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The truth is in the middle. She cut her hair with regular scissors, but with magical speed so nobody saw the scissors move.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

bitprophet posted:

Unrelated, I confess I'm not understanding the final panel's dialogue. How is "well, if you insist..." an intelligible response to "you're flying the ship?!"? I assume I'm just being thick here, but why isn't it something more obviously parse-able as "well, yea, I kind of am flying the ship"?

When Allison asks the question "You're flying the ship?" she chooses to interpret it as the order "You're flying the ship!", so she's polite and accepts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If Ciocie Cioelle is Coca Cola, what is Yabalchoath?