Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Wow I did a little re-read of K6BD, and I only just now realized that a bunch of the characters and quotes in the author's notes story time section are from comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Giant Ethicist posted:

For some reason my favorite detail is the fact that Kayla Brimstone, the gun witch, rides an actual broom.

If the broom isn't also a big-rear end anti-tank rifle I will be just so upset, you have no idea

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I look forward to seeing how Allison fumbles through the next several pages without being rent to pieces by Mottom's harsh language.

she's in a sorority

you think she can't handle some harsh language??

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Just go read the 32 Sermons of Vivec already, the entire cosmology of K6BD is lifted nearly wholesale from The Elder Scrolls.

And about time too. More things need to rip off TES.

yeah,

Sermon 21 posted:

Sermon Twenty-One
The Scripture of the Wheel,
Fifth:
'Look at the majesty sideways and all you see is the Tower, which our ancestors made idols from. Look at its center and all you see is the begotten hole, second serpent, womb-ready for the Right Reaching, exact and without enchantment.'
Sixth:
'The heart of the second serpent holds the secret triangular gate.'
Seventh:
'Look at the secret triangular gate sideways and you see the secret Tower.'
Eighth:
'The secret Tower within the Tower is the shape of the only name of God, I.'
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

also the origin of 'reach heaven through violence'

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Mottom just keeps rocketing up the character tier list and doesn't stop.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Not all acts of evil are foolish, and not all acts of good are wise.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

hi i can't sleep and i got this extremely stupid stuck joke in my head

:perfect:

goddamn

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Mottom seems to be aging back up faster than Allison, I think. She's much taller now, and her face and head and hair seem more mature. compare them in the newest page to when they first tranformed

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

nimby posted:

Even if he were talking, nobody could understand him. He's barking mad and speaking gibberish.

nothing but tree and plant puns

almost everyone who hears him is driven insane

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

idonotlikepeas posted:

Note the alt-text on this page, incidentally:

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-39-pursuers/

"O, tumultuous heaven, O unfavorable stars"

Aw man, now I'm just thinking that the adventures of harp-head, book-head and giant baby would be a good sitcom (with their neighbor gun-witch)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Cutting is inherently destruction and reduction. When you cut the world into shapes you reduce or divide it each time. When is one of these gods going to start creating things?

cutting is a simple rotation away from nutting and from that we see that death and conception are mere rotations of each other

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Tollymain posted:

oh my god i thought she was sitting on a rafter or something, that's amazing

yeah witches fly on broomsticks,

gunwitches fly on boomsticks

it makes perfect sense

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I'm these two doofuses

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I have just come to a realization! This scroll by Broken Sword contains no secrets of his swordsmanship. What this reveals is his highest ideal. In the first state, man and sword become one and each other. Here, even a blade of grass can be used as a lethal weapon. In the next stage, the sword resides not in the hand but in the heart. Even without a weapon, the warrior can slay his enemy from a hundred paces. But the ultimate ideal is when the sword disappears altogether. The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

one le and the other ght

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

5. You must strive for attachment-non-attachment when posting. Your post must be sticky and resolute. A weak, listless post is a despicable thing. But you must also not cling to your post, or its result. Clinging is the great error of men. A man who posts without thought of his action can ban Lowtax.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Which Final Fantasy boss track started going through your minds when this page loaded?

For me it was Clash on the Big Bridge.

the one where it's not some dumb anime weeaboo poo poo, but is instead an entirely different dumb anime weeaboo poo poo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Peri-?

maybe mottom was just going to offer them some nice refreshing carbonated water

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

It just occurred to me that Cio is saying 'get to the chopper" in that last panel.

I think chopwise comes from chop chop, ie. quickly

e; but cio with an arnie accent is top tier so that's my new headcannon thanks

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

I'mma just say it but I'm pretty drat sure Cio also hates the fact Allison seems to be on a quest to save her boyfriend. Like, it's established Cio's into Allison, that she has a narrative in her head that doesn't match up to reality and that it involves Allison being a big drat hero but I think the twist is that Cio wants Allison to embrace her key and become a ruler like the conquering kings. I think the Hero Cio wants to make out of Allison is more like a title and doesn't exactly involve actual heroics, especially not rescuing boyfriends.

hmm? hmmmmm???

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

geez you people are all being mean.

I'm just saying, a lot of magical bullshit was happening in a very short amount of time and I don't see why people are acting like the "telekinesis" interpretation was such an unreasonable one under the circumstances, even if it was incorrect.

cuz they were right and you were wrong and you best never forget that BITCH

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Comrade Gorbash posted:

What's annoying about this misreading of panels isn't that sometimes action is a little unclear or confusing - that happens.

It's that people keep spinning these giant nonsense theories out of them, and then when its made clear they were wrong, persist in defending the nonsense theories.

I mean I got no opinion re: the panels in question but maybe, just MAYBE, they wouldn't be so defensive if they didn't get called nonsense illiterate morons who poop themselves constantly

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Tollymain posted:

i just read a comic where a character comes extremely close to Royalty and now i'm wondering how common of a (previously unnamed) trope or whatever you'd call it it is

at least since morrowind

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

can we get a quarantine on SFP and contain it in just its thread

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

In a desperate attempt to return to K6BD and not lovely Female Protagonist, here's Maya as a wee lass and her terrible drunk master.

oh that's a neat naming scheme. It's like, "trained by" right?

Maya trained by Meti trained by Ryo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

fantastic

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I can't stop laughing at Juggernaut wheeling away in embarrassment after that self-own while all "no I just don't want to fight I gotta go see my model girlfriend from another school and you suck nerdlord, peace"

it's like... peak seventh grader

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

I missed the original page, what was different?

Maya says "Your face-?" and Juggs goes "My face? What? No, YOUR face!"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

could be the same general that meti castrated when he tried to sex her.

that was some different chump, Ryu-tem-Ryam

which I suppose doesn't technically mean he couldn't be Incubus but I doubt it

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

They are referring to the fans who mistook a dull colored crimson demon for an ebon demon, leading the author to decide to change it in later panels.

so she still outdrank an ebon devil, on account of it doesn't matter what the original plan was when the literal text of the comic says he's an ebon

also, dumb fans do not have the power of Royalty and cannot redefine reality, as amusing as that'd be,. If Abb didn't want vlad to be ebon then he wouldn't be

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. In the comic as it is now, Allison did out drink an ebon devil. In the first panel but the devil currently known as Princess appears in, he was (a dull) crimson devil, and Abbadon did say that some reader's misjudging it's color influenced his decision to change that.

Both those things are true.

well, wasn't so much arguing against you but hypocrisy's comment that started it was that Allison didn't outdrink an ebon devil, which is untrue of course.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

Are you thinking of that page where Juggs is about to slaughter a bunch of people, where the alt-text is a Youtube link to a Bloodborne boss theme?

2 Michael's line about acts of good not always being wise and acts of evil not always being foolish is paraphrasing a quote from a Bloodborne boss.

...although he left off the last, most important bit, "but regardless, we shall always strive to be good".

e; and you were referring to the bit joe slowboat forgot, of course. Duh. Reading is hard.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I'm the bikini babe figurine

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Grognan posted:

always nice to see the things you can plot in when missassumptions become cannon. lol Grand dad. How the gently caress does devil families work?

I figured that granddad was slang, or maybe an insult, or maybe a term of affection. "Hey, you're old and have been around long as gently caress".

not like literal relation

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

OK if you really want to ignore the actual explicit writing of the comic to believe she's really just a stupid hapless bimbo fine cool, but that's a thing you are choosing to believe in the face of textual evidence it's not a fault of the story that you have any business whining about.

bro did you miss the part where there was a whole abattoir of sketched out Incubus addicts? just saying

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

holy poo poo it's a D&D module

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

How about a compromise: conquer the universe, then get into the noodles business.

no no, you conquer the universe by franchising out your highly successful noodle brand

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Noodles $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

unleash your kingly iron will and speak the 2nd, 4th and 7th syllables of Royalty to Cut all debt from your being

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

[extremely Aesma Ten Yondam voice] nah fam, youre good. gently caress em all up.

you ask forgiveness because the violence isn't violent enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

my theory: the box is a port a potty that the devil's court just kind of formed around for some reason. himself doesn't want to come out because he doesn't want people to know that he's just been phone-making GBS threads and creeping on facebook all day