Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not least of all the hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if we'll ever find out if there was more to the emptying of throne than the stories tell

why did the gods banish their Servants from their city? if the prime angels did not know the gods, who exactly put them there? why was heaven emptied, locked, and left to crumble?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

Given that each world is a story told by a single god, I really want to see Aesma's. That's gotta be some hilarious poo poo.

Also wanna see Koss's.

I assume the prime angels did know the Gods. Abbadon said Metatron is the only one that has memories of them, but apparently angels lose their specific memories during reincarnation. He was simply the only one from that era that never died.

Both humans and servants originated from Throne, and were both banished into the multiverse upon its creation. Presumably to populate it, as it seems the multiplicity Gods couldn't create the flame of sapience themselves; Koss only did it with flames he took from the corpses of YIS and UN.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the Primes knew the gods, but not all angels were Primes; there's only two ex-Primes conscious and kicking around right now and neither one of them is exactly a reliable source of stories about the good old days

which does raise the question of, like, is 2 Michael the sole source that creation myth comes from? last any Servants woulda saw of Throne it was a bustling pantheon, then a hintillion years later Zoss busts in and finds these giant monster angels hanging around a charnel house, slaughters them all, and the one guy who saw everything that's left talking says everyone just killed themselves I swear, p.s. let's you and me launch a coup on heaven and kill everyone just on the DL :shrug:

on that ask tumblr abbadon clarifies that metatron is the only surviving being to have known the gods in one post. michael has not reincarnated, therefore logically if the primes had known the gods he would remember them

it could have been retconned since, but

also, there's a slight but crucial difference between populating unpopulated worlds and literally emptying the birthplace of life of people, imo

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the 2 isn't reincarnation, it's because he's lost one physical body so far this incarnation

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

I think that was speculation that's now wrong. It's all about the void-death.

Michael has definitely reincarnated, anyway.

when zoss pursued the primes into the void, all but one stood and fought. michael fled and survived

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
WHERES YOUR GOD NOW
IVE JUST STEPPED ON YOU

kinky

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Mentalizer posted:

It's definitely wrong, he flat out says "I alone have reincarnated" on the page you posted. If he hadn't he'd still be 1 Michael (and probably even more of an ornery prick).

how has he been reincarnated for so long (look at how old and crumbly that armour is) when all of the other prime angels are still doing the building-sized chrysalis thing and show no sign of emerging any time soon

angel armour is incredibly heavy-duty poo poo, and somehow i don't see michael exposing his to a lot of wear and tear? he's been dragging that thing around for a while

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unrelated thought: technology doesn't tend to do very good in the void

but people can carry possessions/personal weapons/clothing without them suffering ill effects? clearly the answer here to preserve weaponized technology in transit is cybernetics and/or powersuits :getin:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no i don't think zoss damaged michael's current armour

i just think that michael's armour looks the way it does because it's a) a really old design and b) it's just been around for loving ever nothing escapes the erosion of time not even magical super-strong angel armour

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
himself is basically an unmasked (non-masked? never masked) devil who somehow possesses sapience regardless, which is sort of on the same lines as an intelligent self-perpetuating natural disaster with an agenda

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboCicero posted:

I thought I saw a link to the Q&A tumblr but I instantly lost it. Can someone post it again?

Presumably Mammoth also has a way to deal with people who attempt to default on their loans, when those people have varying levels up power, up to and including the other six demiurges.

mammon isn't powerful because they are rich, they're rich because they're one of the 7 most powerful beings in the universe and that's where they divert their efforts to; if somebody who is not a demiurge was powerful enough to defy mammon's institutions, they're still nowhere near dealing with mammon's bullshit

presumably if one of the other demiurges didn't play by the rules the other six would put pressure on them until they did, whether it involved money or not

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 26, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
impossible

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a devil's name and mask are bound up in each other. a devil without a mask has no name

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't remember where i read it but i'm pretty sure it's been stated somewhere that Himself has never been bound, never was. other than in the sense that they shoved him into a giant coffin i guess.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least we get to see a little more of him next page

or maybe a lot more, depending on whether you're measuring by volume or surface area

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
these are not the actions of a man who intends to live

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's going to die swiftly because there's no way to like, idk, chain him to a throne and force him to watch the ruin of everything he's ever loved via magical sight from atop a mountain or whatever, in one page

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have the feeling that a nuke would only destroy a great deal of mottom's palace and servants, and piss her off

tech is really hard to export in this universe, due to the way the void works. when a demiurge encounters a significantly technologically savvy world, i'm guessing a great deal of the time the resulting societal collapse probably erases a lot of that. magic works everywhere.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also he probably kind of let it happen? like, he did it, he found the heir, presumably he's got some idea of what happens next

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah, just regular boats in bottles

e: clarification, also regular bottles

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she comes with a star in her brow

fashion may dictate imitation, but nobody who valued their life would dare come that close

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she has access to the best facial mask treatments in the universe when she isn't attending improptu godling meetings

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cryophage why

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why must you destroy what i love

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hm

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I don't think those are people. Both Servants and Man have been shown to be pretty variable in appearance, but we also know that there are non-people things that are related to Man - ie. animals. So those weird looking roasted things are probably either just animals from a different universe, or related to Servants the way a turkey is to a human.

That's another aspect of it too. I think mostly it's about waste with her.

For a non-food example, look at all those pillows she rests on. I bet she doesn't use the same ones each day. I bet they all get thrown out at the end of the day - maybe even more often than that. Mottom always sits on fresh, new, never before used pillows. Pillows a couple thousand slaves are hand-making from silk, constantly, just to keep up. And then you've got thousands of other slaves making dye. Or digging up gold so new cutlery can be forged for every meal.

I think she does consume all those slaves. Not literally. But she consumes them because her mode of existence is hugely wasteful. It takes the effort of entire nations just to keep her in new furniture, because she doesn't deign to use any piece more than once. And yeah sewing a pillow is just going to be boring, but the dyers? The lumberjacks who cut down forests to make her a new bedroom set every night, the miners constantly digging up new ore for her utensils? That's got to have a pretty high mortality rate.

So yeah, she uses up people as profligately as she uses up anything else, like the food at this banquet.

this is a good post and also in agreement with my thoughts on the matter

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
real fans learn to travel by division and follow the action live

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there were a couple generatioms of demiurge society in throne before the universal war. none of the surviving seven demiurges were from the old guard

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cathair posted:

Yeah, which means they were badass enough to kill the old-guard demiurges in a war where everyone had keys. :unsmigghh:

well, yeah, they're mighty as gently caress

they just weren't the pioneers who breached firmaments/agreed upon the forging of new angel bodies and angel law/devised the masking and binding of demons/etc

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like to think of it less than "correcting" and more of a "hey i wanna share cool info i learned"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
solomon david's family's descendants make up the backbone of the government ruling his worlds i'm gonna guess

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

Mmmm, but I wonder if the victory of the seven-part pact entirely required her foreknowledge. Maybe that she lacked the physical power to win herself even with her vision, but the other six wouldn't have remotely come close to winning without it.

I mean, I'm sure the victory of the pact required each of their skills, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was the real key.

have you SEEN jagganoth

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
joking aside

i'm sure the demiurges have their strengths and weaknesses but each and every one of them is capable of singlehandedly burning worlds through will alone

just because jadis hangs out in a block of pyrex doesn't mean she wasn't/ isn't a terrifying demigod of destruction

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk if this has been brought up before but going back i noticed that on this page allison's horns disappear momentarily

quick, we must decipher the meaning of this :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently the irony did not translate

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying and failing to come up with an mgr memes reference joke

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm reasonably sure all powers in k6bd have names and generally are the more terrifying for it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like jagganoph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mottom is monologuing