Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

I wonder how they got through to Earth? Can they follow through Zoss's gate? Or did they have the alliance of whichever of the Seven has the Earth key? Muttom, right? Okay probably not then.

I dunno, reading that council scene, Mottom certainly looked pretty responsible for the angels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

She appears to the side of White Chain on the prophecy tablet. Which reminds me, why is Sloth encased in that thing?

She appears across from Jagganoth, though. Unless he's going to turn on his fellow demiurges, which is possible. And by possible I mean I assume every one of them would turn on the others if they thought they had the upper hand.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think all of the demiurges - at least all of the ones with any brains - will try to get Allison on-side against the others. They can see the writing on the wall, they know their time has come, but if they play their cards right some might still come out on top.

Of course, that's up to Kill Six Billion Demons.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

i wonder how unique earth is in its unconquered state?

Early on it didn't take White Chain long to figure out Alison was from an unconquered world, so there's probably a fair few.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

With images:

Mottom. Gluttony. Focus of the current arc.

Solomon David. Pride. Chillest of the demiurges.

Gog Agog. Envy. Opened up a can of worms.

Jagganoth. Wrath. Not the chillest of the demiurges.

Jadis. Sloth. Only being to have seen the shape of the universe and survive.

Incubus. Lust. Only seen in a dream; probably less sexy IRL.

Mammon, the Grand Dragon. Greed. Mad stacks of cash. Not yet appeared outside of mythology.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought unmasked devils were mindless fragments of chaotic life.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The thorn knights were pursuing Zoss, mind. They might have been able to follow through the divisions he made with his master key.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Eventually, sure. By rights it is hers to scour. She doesn't seem to be in much hurry though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

What I want to know is does he need to take root to survive or what. I mean right now he's on solid floor.

She did say his punishment was eternal, so he probably doesn't need soil or water.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Consider: There is no such thing as a sword... in bed.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I get the feeling that as we get to know the demiurges more the "seven sins" theme will be increasingly superficial. Especially since they have their own explicit seven-part theme with the names of royalty thing. Mottom likes to eat! She also runs a glorious palace of luxury and excess in all aspects, will burn down worlds to gain a single product, and is quick to demonstrate her mastery over magic.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder how this de-aging fruit works. As in, is this a temporary effect, or will Allison go back to being 20ish the long way.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

can't wait for allison to face god and walk backwards into hell

Isn't that basically what she's been doing for the whole comic?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm the bug face guy quad-wielding wine glasses.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think her point is more along the lines of "I may rule a hundred thousand universes but I still need to keep up appearances".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder if Zoss repeatedly using feminine pronouns when describing the "true ruler" and explicitly asking Allison if she's ready to be King yet will be enough to get some people to stop insisting that Zaid's actually the successor. I mean, I thought it was pretty explicit already, but Zoss outright telling her about how she can choose to be king isn't exactly subtle either.

Do you mean people in real life or in the comic? Because in-comic I don't think anyone else can see Zoss.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So it Allison going to find Zaid, or is he going to perish with the palace? Place your bets now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

He's not in the palace, he's at the foot of Zoss' throne in the void.

e/ unless Mottom claimed to have him and I forgot, which is very possible.

I looked it up and we're both wrong, she says she got Mammon to look after him.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

By visual alone I saw it as "Maya has mastered swordsmanship so much she doesn't need the metal bit".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

One says tomato and one says tomato

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pavlov posted:

Yeah when did this thread become post six billion shitposts

It seems to happen every month or so, honestly.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The basic philosophy at work here is there is no such thing as creation - everything already exists in potential, and you realise it by separating it from all of the other things it could be. Like a sculptor separating a statue from the rest of the marble. Or a king separating true power from the pretenders.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mottom seemed confident she'll find another way to stay alive, so I no reason to doubt that, though she might have to hurry up and do it. Maybe she'll suck the life out of maidens directly.
I can imagine the matter giving Allison and crew some respite rather than having her hot on their heels forever.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Her key is markedly not-glowy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They're not angry, they've just spent the last six hours practicing their badass pose-as-a-team for when Allison wakes up.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She is rescued from an angry god out of nowhere onto a stolen ship, nursed back to health, about to be fed, and immediately starts threatening to throw people off her ship.

I do believe Allison is grasping the nature of royalty.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

long down the road prediction: allison loses the key at some point, but it doesn't stop her

The true key was inside her all long.

I mean, Zoss jammed it pretty deep into her skull

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Aside from the parts that are wonderful (all of it); Cio seems know, and is outright stating, that Alison is the one tapped to be the King Ultra-Queen of the Universe.

I think that's just what she would prefer to see be true, like Allison being a farm girl on a quest to rescue her girlfriend.
Although given her history she might be better at identifying the kind of person that would become the Rising King, rather than letting prophesy tell her who it will be.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I suspect a universe can contain several worlds, ie planets. But all the worlds in a universe would could be reached by travelling in a way germane to the universe, rather than by division. Like taking a rocket to Mars or something.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, she's clearly trying to say "He is the successor's [partner]" but can't get the words out before her interpreter ran away with it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

My reading is that Yabalchaoth stole Mammon's entire key, but the key of creation is only a fraction of Mammon's power - the keys are prizes for the powerful, they don't themselves make demiurges.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zaid is believed by most of the demiurges to be the successor to Zoss.

Zaid is believed by Allison's roommates to be kind of a creep and not trustworthy.

I get the impression that she wasn't really that close to him, especially if Abaddon hints that he's going to end up becoming her friend. Like he was just a mechanism for losing her virginity.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tekne posted:

Wise Mother Om surely saved some buttfruit just in case something like Allison happened.

Probably saved up, but she is still mortal now. Her days are numbered.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jagganoth was going to lose it anyway. He's in it to destroy the world.

Archonex posted:

I am seeing a theme here so far though. Mottom wanted her to be the queen of her domain while she went off and tried to salvage what was left of her sanity. Incubus wants to unlock her potential and act as one of his lieutenants. So far at least two of the beings she's met want to basically raise her to the throne in one way or another. Not that Allison seems like the type of character to actually manipulate them so that this is too her advantage, but...

I almost wonder if all of them realise Allison is the true heir, but don't want to let the others realise that they know, because they want to be the one that still holds power in her new order.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I stopped reading it when it became huge walls of chatlogs

So, like, page 6?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

voting third party posted:

I'm guessing his worlds make 1984 or the Castle look good. Or worse, like in the Book of the New Sun, there is a nation of "tamed" people that can only quote the official texts:

I think that'd be more Jadis' domain. Her whole thing is knowledge, so running her domain on the careful control of ideas fits her well.
She controls her acolytes with judicious application of prophecy, they control the populace with brutal suppression of thought.

I believe Abaddon once said that of the seven, he would find Solomon David's realm the least unpleasant to live under, for what that's worth.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zoss didn't survive, he just didn't see any reason that being dead should stop him.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

True Royalty does not have to choose.

Kiss Six Billion Ladies

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Geop did one not too long ago. It's good, watch it. The game is probably better watched than played anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Reene posted:

I feel so bad for Princess and also for everyone else whose lives Allison is about to tremendously gently caress up

This is why you will never be Royalty.